Taken

deckard24

Eric Solo said:
Taken was good! Matt Damon should take butt-kicking lessons from Liam Neeson.
Two thumbs up.​
(y) (y)
I agree, but not about Damon taking lessons!;)

This was by far one of the best action/revenge flicks I've seen in a long time, well... since The Bourne Ultimatum! I was really impressed how convincing Neeson was in this role, and I really enjoyed the transition from sad sack dad to bad ass CIA enforcer!

Two thumbs up as well!(y) (y)

Goonie

I liked the movie, but I did find the beginning a little annoying, especially the spoiled daughter and her friend. At this point you really did want them to be kidnapped. And Famke Janssen's acting wasn't that great. But the movie did pick up after this and it was good. A little bit like Man on Fire.

DocWhiskey

It was good. But that's it. Just good. Not great. It was an entertaining film. Which is what I expected.

Little Indy

Goonie said:
A little bit like Man on Fire.

That's what I thought as well. I preferred Man on Fire with Denzel. However Maggie Grace was convincing as a 17 year old. She also played Shannon on LOST. It took me a minute to realize it.

The Man

I'm expected it on DVD in the post tomorrow. It took its cinematic bow over here months ago.

Short Round

Finally! An A-list action-packed film. Everyone has to see this film. Liam Neeson is excellent as Bryan Mills and is one of the greatest action heroes ever! For me, Taken gets a solid 10/10. What did you guys think of it?

Dr. Wolfwood

I liked it very much as well - as a no-frills action movie. Definitely better than Rambo IV, largely due to the way more charismatic lead actor.

Finn

Staff member
Merge? Or the spiked club? Merge? Club? Merge? Club sure looks enticing...

...merge.

The Man

Very enjoyable. Quite short, too...

It's refreshing to see a character not bound by PC constraints. He wants Maggie Grace back...and, by Christ, he'll get her back, one stinky foreigner at a time..!

The Magic Rat

The Man said:
Very enjoyable. Quite short, too...

It's refreshing to see a character not bound by PC constraints. He wants Maggie Grace back...and, by Christ, he'll get her back, one stinky foreigner at a time..!

haha, yes it was refreshing.

Eric Solo

Taken continues to do well at the US box office, so there HAS be a sequel. Maybe the starlet Liam Neeson befriended gets kidnapped in the sequel...(y)

The Man

Eric Solo said:
Taken continues to do well at the US box office, so there will probably be a sequel I'm guessing. Maybe the starlet Liam Neeson befriended gets kidnapped in the sequel...(y)

Maybe Neeson gets 'napped, prompting Maggie Grace and Holly Valance to team up for sexy vengeance...(y)

Was it good i have never seen it?:confused: accept part of movie where they take the girl and shes talking to her dad i tought that part was funny.:D (y) :hat:

Pale Horse

Staff member
IndyWolf15 said:
:confused: accept part of movie where they take the girl and shes talking to her dad i tought that part was funny.:D (y) :hat:

Be careful, your maturity is showing through. Wouldn't want anybody to be confused, now would we?