The Buried Secret of M Night Shyamalan

I

Indy's_main_man

I Just finished watching this... Very creepy. It makes you wonder if SCi Fi was pulling another "Blair Witch" on us.

I started to do some digging about the doc and a specific fan site shown in it. The adress isn't given and I haven't found it anywhere. It's some sort of M night chat room for "true Fans". Not finding the site makes me lean towards sci fi set up...but M Night sueing Sci Fi makes me lean towards "if it wasn't true then why is he so mad?"

anyway...VERY good documentary

Luckylighter

I KNEW this was going to come up on this board.

It was a hoax. Sci-Fi came out about it last week, just days before it aired. Shyamalan was in on it--in fact it was his idea, as part of the marketing for his new movie.

If you go to the IMDB page for "Buried Secret", under GENRE it is listed as a "Mockumentary".

Still, it was really well done, and believable in certain parts. But most of the time, you could tell they were acting. It was all staged. And if that photo really came out like that, why did they not show it when it first came out of the Poloroid camera at the bar? Because they needed time to run it through Photoshop.

All in all though, for what it was, it was still pretty creepy. Kept me up last night, and I knew it was a hoax the whole time. Shyamalan is a genius as blurring the line between fiction and reality. The whole thing makes you think. I mean, what if the Sci-Fi apology for creating a hoax, was a hoax. The whole point of it was to bring a sense of wonder about the world to a jaded society. That's what good entertainment is all about.

BTW...the website is www.nightshyamalan.com

...and the forum/chat DOES NOT work. It was part of the hoax...like the Blair Witch Project.

I

Indy's_main_man

I saw an article CNN did on how it was fake.

The Blair witch reference was to Sci Fi's Blair Witch documentary telling the "true" story behind the film and interviewing people. That too was a hoax.

Michael Jackson has nothing to do with anything.

Luckylighter

Regardless, I still want to see "The Village" when it comes out. He didn't need a marketing ploy to get me in the theater...I'm there!

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
What is this "Buried Secret" documentary about? What happened to/with M Night?

Us European M Night fans can't view Sci-Fi channel you see...

I

Indy's_main_man

I don't want to give spoilers to those who haven't seen it gilles, but i'll say:

it suggests M Night has a connection to the other realm

I

Indy's_main_man

we know it was a hoax....but it was marketed brilliantly much like the blair witch documentary. It's not important it's a hoax it's important because it was entertaining and well done.

LASTCRUSADER

I really wish I would have cought it. I had seen the ads for it and meant to sit down and watch it but I somehow completly forgot about it. Hopefully there will be a rerun at some point.

Embark

issue

All I can say is he has something freaky going on. Can't explain it. Do you get a strange feeling looking where he was. Seems like there is something els there, that you can't see. I don't know. Its just a stunt to get everything into the mood of his new movie probably.