TRON: Legacy

jamesdude

Tron II aka TR2N (2011)

What are your feelings of the long awaited sequel to Tron?
Are you guys excited about this film at all?

81B3003F32E083C2731F5A.jpg

The Trailer is availble on line at AOL video. It appears that Flynn from the first flim might be the main bad guy. im suprised he never tried to get out of Tron.

Trailer: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/tr2n-tron-2-teaser/117644266/?icid=VIDURVENT03

RaideroftheArk

I've been waiting for this for so many years. In the age of CGI it seems like we should have had a trilogy of Tron by now.

Also, I think this is the first movie where I don't want to see any Trailers or screenshots...I just want to walk into the theater not expecting anything.

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

roundshort said:
WOW! Although I was hoping they would make Tron 2 without any CGI . . .

Considering the original is the first movie to have CGI, wouldn't it be a disgrace for this film to not have any?

TheMutt92

Looks cool. Have yet to see the original, but have a lot of stuff on it. Has this come out in any 'sophisticated' DVD release recently?

Goonie

jamesdude said:
What are your feelings of the long awaited sequel to Tron?
Are you guys excited about this film at all?

A scene that we will never see: Flynn gets mad, so he gets into the Iron Monger suit and beats the crap out of a few lightcycles. He's mad because someone stole his rug, the one that tied the room together.(y)

TheMutt92

Goonie said:
A scene that we will never see: Flynn gets mad, so he gets into the Iron Monger suit and beats the crap out of a few lightcycles. He's mad because someone stole his rug, the one that tied the room together.(y)

I would pay to see that sorta messed up crossover! (y) *

*Not really, just thought it'd be funny.

The Man

The Curious Case Of Jeff Bridges...

Disney is pulling out all the stops to roll back the years for Jeff Bridges in Tron 2.0, after they reportedly flew him to Canada for digitization. It is nearly 27 years since the original film, and they are keen to de-age the actor for scenes that show the aged Flynn interacting with his younger self.

RedeemedChild

While all of this news regarding Tron 2 is very exciting I'm still waiting official Disney news for an animated Tron and Spectrobes television series.

The Man

Sounds Daft..?

Upcoming Film Scores reports that Daft Punk has been signed to provide the original score.

Daft Punk has courted the Tron image for years, and the original film's score definitely informs the French duo's work. At the Grammys last year, during their appearance with Kanye West, the two sported definitively Tron-inspired costumes. All of which boils down to your basic fanboy justification: hey, they like Tron a lot, so they're perfect!

RedeemedChild

Believe it or not I've never seen the first Tron. Yet, in VMK (if anyone remembers that MMO) there was a Tron campaign and that sort of filled me in on some info. I hope this sequel will be as good as the first. It seems that I can't find any data regarding the style of the fillm. Will it be live action or animated?
Some sites I've read state that TR2N will be CGI and animated by Pixar. Is all this true? I've also read that it will be about the first film's main character's son whose name is Sean and is 20 years of age. Is that also true? I sure they get Hans Zimmer or John Williams to create the soundtrack and not some unknown rocker to mess it up and please NOOOOO Miley Cyrus or Jonus Brothers songs in this movie.

BTW why won't Disney make a Kingdom Hearts movie and anime television series?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
RedeemedChild said:
BTW why won't Disney make a Kingdom Hearts movie and anime television series?

I wish they would make a Kingdom Hearts movie or television series! It would be so awesome!!!

As for Tron 2.... I don't know about this. I don't understand why they decided to do a sequel to a film that wasn't that well received at it's time though it was definitely a film ahead of it's time in terms of it's concept. From a marketing stand point, the point of reference for a lot of kids, even ones as old as me, is the Kingdom Hears 2 video game, as you play in Tron's world.

I haven't seen the film either and have been trying to track down a copy for a good long while actually. I used to see a trailer of it on one of my old Disney videos, but have never seen it.

The Magic Rat

Violet Indy said:
I wish they would make a Kingdom Hearts movie or television series! It would be so awesome!!!

As for Tron 2.... I don't know about this. I don't understand why they decided to do a sequel to a film that wasn't that well received at it's time though it was definitely a film ahead of it's time in terms of it's concept. From a marketing stand point, the point of reference for a lot of kids, even ones as old as me, is the Kingdom Hears 2 video game, as you play in Tron's world.

I haven't seen the film either and have been trying to track down a copy for a good long while actually. I used to see a trailer of it on one of my old Disney videos, but have never seen it.

Well, odds are you'll be disappointed. I've never understood the hype behind it. Granted, it was definitely ahead of its time, but it really is just one of those "meh" movies.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The Magic Rat said:
Well, odds are you'll be disappointed. I've never understood the hype behind it. Granted, it was definitely ahead of its time, but it really is just one of those "meh" movies.

Yeah, that's what Dad said. He saw it when it came out and still doesn't think much of it. I'm just curious really and to see old school 80s sfx, is always a bit of fun. It's a fun level to play in KH2!