Sideshow Collectibles 1:6 Rene Belloq Figure

monkey man

I ordered one. Why wait until the exclusive sells out? You can always cancel your order if you have second thoughts. Better safe than sorry. Gotta have that display.

mfisher

I caved and ordered one too.... wish they had done some more accessories for Belloq though.. maybe the german desert goggles he wore... his ascot... some maps/charts... something to round out that release...

Billy Ray

I passed. Not that I don't want a Belloq figure, but I would prefer one that actually looks like him! Really pissed about the exclusive Idol Environment too, because I would have bought that on it's own, but $139 for a figure I don't want just to get a piece that would have been half that really ticks me off. Phooey on you Sideshow, phooey I say!

phantom train

I pre-ordered this 12" Belloq Sideshow figure (non-exclusive) last week. I don't feel the exclusive piece is worth the extra $, but that's just my opinion. The figure is enough for me - I like the white suit, and it's cool that this is an outfit that hasn't yet been made as a small figure in Hasbro's line.

Prior to this year, I have not been a fan of the 12" Sideshow figures. But, the 12" Raiders IJ figure, the 12" Snake Eyes (G.I. Joe), and now the
12" Belloq have converted me.

Hopefully Sideshow will continue to make 12" IJ figures - I'd like to see a Mola Ram, Marion Ravenwood (Raven bar outfit), and Toht.

The Man

Anyone think it looks a little like Walter Donovan?

Does this provide hope for a 12-inch Mola Ram?

*faints in ecstasy*

Nurhachi1991

Will someone please clarify this................ Why the hell does the EX. Belloq come with the Idol chamber???? He was never in the temple at all. Indy should of come with that it would of made sense but all he came with was a damn torch. Bellosh should of come with the Ark or something like that.

phantom train

I know collectors have complained about the choice of Belloq as the next IJ Sideshow figure, but I think it's a great choice - the outfit is cool, and the character was a major villain in "Raiders". I also prefer this outfit to the ceremonial robes that he was in at the end of the film.

monkey man

The Sideshow Exclusive Belloq figure is sold out. The regular one is still available.
Both Sideshow Indy's are sold out but the Medicom Indy and Henry are still available.

phantom train

Just got the standard "Rene Belloq" 12" Sideshow figure yesterday. Great figure - the detail on the face was great (though it doesn't really look like P.F.), as well as the suit, hat, watch, bottle, etc. The only qualm I have is that the hair color is too dark, but with the hat on it's not as noticeable.
I also like the very scene-specific outfit, i.e. the one he was wearing when having the conversation with Indy in the bar in Cairo (right after Indy thought Marion had passed away). This outfit has a very intentional "Casablanca" vintage '30's/'40's vibe.

I know most people who got this probably only got it for the exclusive piece, but I for one think the figure is great on it's own.

I also liked the character's "history" on the inside of the box - even though I knew most of this, it was still good to have.

One of the reasons I may be especially enthusiastic about this figure is that I was dissapointed that the Hasbro line got cancelled - so, the only real way to get any new Indy toys (other than Lego) is through Sideshow. I will probably get all of the IJ Sideshow figures, primarily the ones based on characters from the first three films.

I'm now looking forward to "Toht", and after that figure I would like to see:

Dietrich
Marion Ravenwood (Raven bar outfit)
Mola Ram
Thugee
Vogel
Indy in Tux (TOD)
Willie Scott (red dress)
Short Round