Its that TIME!

Well the Holidays are upon us and its time to start getting does dinners ready for Thanksgiving and time to get does Holiday gifts out.

When I was in Target a lady was buying a Wii and controls, games for her children, she said they won't find out until Christmas.

I can't wait for does beautiful ornaments and the Christmas Tree. I want to get my parents something for Christmas before it gets here, last year I couldn't find anything because stores were sold out of things. Any ideas?

Early Happy Holidays folks.

baby-snoopy-christmas.jpg

Stoo

IndyWolf15 said:
Well the Holidays are upon us and its time to start getting does dinners ready for Thanksgiving and time to get does Holiday gifts out.

Early Happy Holidays folks.
Early?:confused: I think you're a little late. Thanksgiving was 10 days ago...:p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
In my case, we've gotten a bit lucky. Though there won't be presents this year... the trip's the present and whatever we buy over there is our presents. It's just the situation the family's in. I didn't think I would be coming back so soon. I am glad though. We haven't had a good New Year's Eve in years and this year we just might. Fingers crossed.

The Magic Rat

Well, the holidays can be nice without material goods. Who knows, this may be a better way to teach people the "true meanings" this time around.

My parents say just being together with family and friends is a present, and having a home to stay in. There are a lot of people here in Atlanta who live on the streets with no home or food.

I'm going to Japan in Dec so that will be my family's present. I don't know what we are doing for Thankgiving, my mom and I might cook dinner for Thanksgiving.

That was for Canada :D

Last edited:

Agent Crab

It's a li'l early for Christmas and I don't celebrate American Thanksgiving due to some reasons.

Ah well. I see Holiday stuff decked out in stores earlier and earlier this year.

Meerkat

IndyWolf15 said:
When I was in Target a lady was buying a Wii and controls, games for her children, she said they won't find out until Christmas.
Wonder how long she's going to be able to keep that Wii a secret. I still remember when I was 5 or 6 years old, I would dig out every single little thing my parents hid for me....:rolleyes:

(And besides, a Wii by itself seems to be quite a large object to hide. Not to mention all of those games- where is she going to hide them? XD)

Last edited:

Agent Crab

Meerkat said:
Wonder how long she's going to be able to keep that Wii a secret. I still remember when I was 5 or 6 years old, I would dig out every single little thing my parents hid for me....:rolleyes:

(And besides, a Wii by itself seems to be quite a large object to hide. Not to mention all of those games- where is she going to hide them? XD)

In a closet perhapes?

Or under the bed? It's easy to hide a wii.

metalinvader

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Just put it with the other obsolete and out-dated consoles. No-one will notice!

I think the gift of a Wii is this generations equivalent of coal.

And this is from a former Wii owner.Seriously,It was one of the worst consoles I've ever owned.

The Drifter

metalinvader said:

And this is from a former Wii owner.Seriously,It was one of the worst consoles I've ever owned.

I owned one also, and sold it.
There are a few good games for it such as Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros: Brawl and the like, but 96.8 percent is just shovel-ware.
I also hate motion controls. I guess that I am a traditionalist when it comes to video games.

But, like I said the excess amount of crap-software is what put me off from the Wii. I do not like junk like Carnival Games, Wii Fit or even the mighty Wii Sports. Give me Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Bioshock and Fallout III any day of the week.

Meerkat

metalinvader said:

Probably not to someone who looks at it and says, "oh, just what I wanted!" XD

avidfilmbuff

Since there is so much hatred going on for the wii, let me just say that the wii introduced to a wide variety of games on its virtual console. I was never much of a gamer growing up with the exception of Mario, of which I am still a huge fan of. The only reason I purchased a wii in the first place was to play Super Mario Galaxy, and while waiting for the game to be released I discovered the Virtual Console. Seeing that there were a wide variety of games from Nintendo, the Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 that I had missed growing up, I decided to give them a try. And this was how I discovered Zelda, Castlevania, Megaman, Punch Out, and much more, I couldn't believe I had been missing all these great games all these years, and let me just say that The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is truly one of the best games I had ever played, and I never would have played it had not been for the Wii. It was also this period that I first discovered the point and click adventure game by using scummvm to play Fate Of Atlantis. So if you don't feel that the wii is a great system, that's all right. But personally I think it's a great way to introduce people to all the games they've missed over the years.

The Drifter

avidfilmbuff said:
Since there is so much hatred going on for the wii, let me just say that the wii introduced to a wide variety of games on its virtual console. I was never much of a gamer growing up with the exception of Mario, of which I am still a huge fan of. The only reason I purchased a wii in the first place was to play Super Mario Galaxy, and while waiting for the game to be released I discovered the Virtual Console. Seeing that there were a wide variety of games from Nintendo, the Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 that I had missed growing up, I decided to give them a try. And this was how I discovered Zelda, Castlevania, Megaman, Punch Out, and much more, I couldn't believe I had been missing all these great games all these years, and let me just say that The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is truly one of the best games I had ever played, and I never would have played it had not been for the Wii. It was also this period that I first discovered the point and click adventure game by using scummvm to play Fate Of Atlantis. So if you don't feel that the wii is a great system, that's all right. But personally I think it's a great way to introduce people to all the games they've missed over the years.

But, the sad thing about all of this is that all of the games that you've mentioned were for past consoles and not the Wii.
I think that it shows the lack of games for the Wii when someone spends their time playing games from the NES, SNES, and N64 besides of games for Nintendo's current system.

Agent Crab

Ever since the N64 days... Nintendo has lacked decent thrid party support. The NES and SNES had one of the better era of games. N64, Game Cube and Wii suffer it. Sure, games like Gradius ReBirth, Contra ReBirth and Megaman 9 are great as Wii Ware games, the real wii games.. we need more thrid party games, besides ports of other games that appear on other consoles.

My Wii gets least played out of my consoles.