Young Indy: George Lucas' last great work

Raiders90

Anyone else feel that Young Indy was George Lucas' last great work? In general artistic terms, I'd actually put it above the films--It is a deep, moving, multifaceted work--and it was a bold artistic move. When people think of prequels, they think of the character acting exactly as they did later in life; For an Indy prequel, most would want or expect him to be going treasure hunting, whip and revolver in his hands, just out of the womb.

The Young Indy series did show Indy's rebellious, adventurous side--but it also showed his other side, the side that allowed the older Indy to be at the same time both a respectable, geeky, mild mannered professor and degenerate tomb robber for hire and dare devil gunfighter.

Truly a great artistic achievement, and truly one of the better things about the Indy franchise!

Stoo

Raiders112390, you never cease to amaze.:D Like countless time before, you've created a thread that is IDENTICAL to another one you've already started. Way to go, man!:p

---
Yes, the Young Indy series was a great achievement.

Stoo said:
Raiders112390, you never cease to amaze.:D Like countless time before, you've created a thread that is IDENTICAL to another one you've already started. Way to go, man!:p .
Aw...don't leave me hangin! I made an attempt and have my suspicions but this is the most entertaining aspect these days! Fork it over!

I won't commit to Young Indy being his last great, but its given some pause to consider what is...

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Aw...don't leave me hangin! I made an attempt and have my suspicions but this is the most entertaining aspect these days! Fork it over!
After all this time, it's not really necessary to 'fork it over' anymore but, if you insist, look no further than here.

My recollection was rusty & a bit off but there isn't much difference between:
Young Indy: George Lucas' last great work
and
Young Indy: Lucas' Last Great Masterpiece
Montana Smith said:
A cynic might say THX 1138.
ARTISTICALLY speaking, I would go even earlier than that. Lucas' greatest work was before 1971.

Raiders90

Even if you love Indy, if Stoo is not your friend here, he and Rocket Boy will make sure you are off this forum!

Aw, you make me sad...

That's simply preposterous and a paranoid delusion. I created similar threads as a homage to your almighty prolific-ness. I can't imagine how you can ignore the search function as much as you do your own carefully considered and conscientiously crafted contributions.

It truly has become a draw to see how close you can mimic yourself.

I have real money on you being Mary Faulkner225, Margaret Cameron596, Mary Richmond2323, Molly Waring1138, Betty Manvers12, Elizabeth Fenton3.5, Nigel Mackenzie-A or Hugh Desmond.

In any event, you're still here and while you have come up with some fun topics, (can't figure out why you would abandon the occult books thread when I took the pains to engage you there) I really do get a kick out of your particular case of Thread Tourettes.:hat:

PS I imagine you typing away surrounded by array after array of servers holding vast volumes of personal perspicacity.

Last edited:

Raiders90

Rocket Surgeon said:
That's simply preposterous and a paranoid delusion. I created similar threads as a homage to your almighty prolific-ness. I can't imagine how you can ignore the search function as much as you do your own carefully considered and conscientiously crafted contributions.

It truly has become a draw to see how close you can mimic yourself.

I have real money on you being Mary Faulkner225, Margaret Cameron596, Mary Richmond2323, Molly Waring1138, Betty Manvers12, Elizabeth Fenton3.5, Nigel Mackenzie-A or Hugh Desmond.

In any event, you're still here and while you have come up with some fun topics, (can't figure out why you would abandon the occult books thread when I took the pains to engage you there) I really do get a kick out of your particular case of Thread Tourettes.:hat:

PS I imagine you typing away surrounded by array after array of servers holding vast volumes of personal perspicacity.

There's an obsession with the search function here that borders on a compulsion. If I created a thread four years ago similar in content to one now, what does it matter? It was FOUR YEARS AGO.

Most forums don't give a damn about such things, for one. Secondly, it's rather annoying to have to click the search function before making a thread to ensure that neither yourself nor anyone else has created a similar thread a decade ago.

The only person I am and have ever been is this same account since 2007. As for the occult books thread, I'll have to check it out; I don't remember.

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
There's an obsession with the search function here that borders on a compulsion. If I created a thread four years ago similar in content to one now, what does it matter? It was FOUR YEARS AGO.

Most forums don't give a damn about such things, for one. Secondly, it's rather annoying to have to click the search function before making a thread to ensure that neither yourself nor anyone else has created a similar thread a decade ago.

When in Rome...

Don't make this your last great thread. ;)

Raiders112390 said:
There's an obsession with the search function here that borders on a compulsion.
What does that mean?

Raiders112390 said:
If I created a thread four years ago similar in content to one now, what does it matter? It was FOUR YEARS AGO.
I think that's been addressed already, especially with regard for physical storage, respect for those who may have labored over posts or brought something original to the table not to mention simply being able to find an old post with relative ease.

I guess its less to do with the similar than outright duplicates. Compounded with the way you would create new threads and never contribute to them, well it sort of defeats the purpose of coming here...

It begs the question in turn what does it matter to you? If you continually create threads and abandon them why would you give a rats ass if, but more importantly how someone else is moved to curiosity?

Is there a control issue?

For people who come here for interaction surely you see the questions your activity inspires.

Raiders112390 said:
Most forums don't give a damn about such things, for one.
Which ones do? Why? Which ones don't? Why? Is the Raven really so difficult for you?

Raiders112390 said:
Secondly, it's rather annoying to have to click the search function before making a thread to ensure that neither yourself nor anyone else has created a similar thread a decade ago.
If you're intention is to inspire conversation and hopefully to engage in conversation it seems odd to have no curiosity regarding what Indiana Jones fans may have already battled out, resolved or already given.

Unless your intention is something besides talking with the members here.

If you're inclined to take advice, I'll simply say the more often you do something the easier it gets. The easier something gets, the less annoying it is.

Raiders112390 said:
The only person I am and have ever been is this same account since 2007.
You see, if you read and responded to more of my posts, (or Stoo's or Montana's or anyones for that matter) you would understand that was a goof. Was "Nigel Mackenzie-A" NOT ridiculous enough?

You've had some nice posts since the last time your fuse was lit, I just don't understand with all the deeply considered and highly qualified posts you do make you still take issue with such basic, (and harmless) questions/observations.

Raiders112390 said:
As for the occult books thread, I'll have to check it out; I don't remember.
Please do, I did a nice little bit of research on that very interesting and worthy topic to get not but crickets from you.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:

Thing is, at <I>this</I> forum, we do give a damn. This argument has been made to you before. We value conversations that occur in a broader context, where you can see most of the discussion on a given topic in a few places rather than in many. It's tidy, and it makes things easier to read. After all, we don't just delete older threads here without a reason to; they aren't phased out after four years or something. So there's no reason to act as though they do.

You've been around here for quite sometime. Despite your assertions to the contrary, I'm sure you can tell that those you cite as your detractors do not exactly have the staff here in their pocket. And, indeed, demonstrations of institutional memory sometimes seem helpful but just as often seem to be made for their own sake.

I'm not saying you need to perform a search before every thread you begin. However, I would venture to say that a glance at your own thread history might do some good in your particular case.

On a personal, less administrative note, I'll echo Rocket's complaint about your abandoning a thread that has seen well-considered contributions. Any chance these suggestions have been acted on? If so, what did such a survey provide you?