aging jokes

wolfgang

wel, harrison ford said he wanted to make fun of his age, and i've mentioned this before but no one seemed to care, so what do you think of this: elder indiana jones is teaching on the university...al the girls are (insteas of hypntyzed with "i love you" messeges) with bored faces. What do you think? post your ideas as well!

fatima

...honestly I don't think the faces of the girls will turn into bored faces on Indy 4, that's also his personal 'mark' that will keep ...and please it scares me to think that they will be BORED BY LOOKING AT HIM, AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Randy_Flagg

I could see it happening. I think Harrison has a self-depricating sense of humor about that sort of thing, and he might suggest something similar to what you said.

swords

Good idea. Also, another good chance to show Indy's oldness is by having him sleep on the plane to whatever country he goes to in the movie. Remember, he read his dad's diary in LC...

fatima

geee 'how great' .... :( :( :( ok sure it will be some joke about his age in the movie, but I hope is not that serious!

Canyon

wolfgang said:
wel, harrison ford said he wanted to make fun of his age, and i've mentioned this before but no one seemed to care, so what do you think of this: elder indiana jones is teaching on the university...al the girls are (insteas of hypntyzed with "i love you" messeges) with bored faces. What do you think? post your ideas as well!

What! No way! I'll tell you something, the girls would *swoon* over him no matter how old he is!

I wouldn't mind some aging jokes and I've mentioned this idea before. I would love a scene where we are shown Indy's house and the camera pans in on Indy, who is asleep in his study, wearing glasses and a book on his lap. The phone rings and then he suddenly jumps awake with a surprised look on his face. I think that would be cool, and also as swords has suggested, maybe that Indy sleeps on the plane. I'm sure the cinema would have no complaints from us girls... :);):D

wolfgang

hmmm. it'll be just a joke, you know, girls will still be on him. I like, wiat no, i love the sleeping idea, but its already taken by temple of doom. but it'll still be a cool aging idea

Indy Smith

swords said:
Good idea. Also, another good chance to show Indy's oldness is by having him sleep on the plane to whatever country he goes to in the movie. Remember, he read his dad's diary in LC...

He slept on the aeroplan in Temple of Doom yet that was him at his youngest being played by Harrison. Indiana jones was 35-36 then.

Kumba

Also, like Steven Spielburg said once i beleive, instead of indy saying "it's not the years, it's the mileage", this time he will say "it's not the mileage, it's the years". Hahaha, that'll really hilarious if he says that!

fatima

Yeah! sure why not?? I personaly like to see good jokes in Indy, and I'm sure if it happens it will be healthy, without make Indy as senile...;) :D I like the idea of falling asleep!

indydude

"throw me the idol!"

"give me my pills!"

"no time to argue, throw me the idol I throw you the pills!"

Sapido takes the idol but does not give Indy the pills.

"adios senior"

using all the strength in his old bones Indy leaps across the chasm and grabs his pills before he has a heart attack.

let us pray that does not happen in Indy4.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy Smith said:
swords said:

He slept on the aeroplan in Temple of Doom yet that was him at his youngest being played by Harrison. Indiana jones was 35-36 then.

He also slept on the plane in Raiders, if you recall...and on the Bantu Wind.

FordFan

I think that'd be funny if once the plane landed, his companion goes over to wake him up and it takes him a while to wake Jones up while he's snoring.

Or if they have a scene similar to the Cairo fight in ROTLA, and the Arab swordsman, Indy could take like 10 seconds to get his breath back, and instead of fighting, says "Oh to hell with that!" and pulls out his gun.

Does anyone think Indy with 2 pistols would be cool?

Canyon

FordFan said:
I think that'd be funny if once the plane landed, his companion goes over to wake him up and it takes him a while to wake Jones up while he's snoring.

Or if they have a scene similar to the Cairo fight in ROTLA, and the Arab swordsman, Indy could take like 10 seconds to get his breath back, and instead of fighting, says "Oh to hell with that!" and pulls out his gun.

Does anyone think Indy with 2 pistols would be cool?

Love your first idea FordFan. It's fantastic!

I have often thought about seeing Indy with 2 pistols. (Okay, I know Lara Croft uses two and so did Rick O'Connell in The Mummy but, it'd be really cool! :D

Pale Horse

Staff member
When you said ageing jokes:

Maybe this would be more appropriate in another thread but I though you wanted the fellow Ravenites to come up with jokes about Indy's age like:

Abner should have told Marion to marry an archaeologist because the older she gets, the more interested he will be in her.

or

Indiana Jones is so old he has hieroglyphics on his driver's license

Tennessee Buck

Indy with two guns? Nope, no LETHAL WEAPON, John Woo business please. Even Indy with a machine gun in LC was a tad jarring. I say Indy and his revolver and bullwhip all the way...but maybe he can get intimidated by newer type of weapons...that would be a nice joke in IV.