TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #601
indytim
IndyFan

Location: England (you can get all kinds of transport there ... boat, plane, anything)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
Anthony Ingruber or don't bother! On the plus side, he's already played a young Harrison Ford.

This guy may resemble a young Harrison Ford but sounds nothing like him to me. His online video impression of Han Solo is pretty weak, in my opinion.
indytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #602
indytim
IndyFan

Location: England (you can get all kinds of transport there ... boat, plane, anything)
Having read the various thoughts, ideas and even rants of people on this subject there seems to be three definitive schools of thought ...

1) Purists - They will accept Harrison Ford in the role and no-one else. Ford is Indy. Except no substitute cracking the whip.

2) Clone-ists - People willing to accept a 'clone' of Harrison Ford (such as Anthony Ingruber) in the role. An actor who will mimic/resemble Harrison Ford's portrayal of Indy, not the performer's own interpretation.

3) Realists - People who appreciate that Harrison Ford is now realistically too old to play the character as we love to see him. Young, fit, full of daring-do. They also understand that the movie industry will cast a younger (and possibly popular) actor in the role that will result in money being made, rather than appeasing fans' wishes.

I may be wrong but these seem to be the trains of thought members on this forum seem to be aligning to. I know which camp I'm in
Old 07-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #603
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by indytim
Having read the various thoughts, ideas and even rants of people on this subject there seems to be three definitive schools of thought ...

1) Purists - They will accept Harrison Ford in the role and no-one else. Ford is Indy. Except no substitute cracking the whip.

2) Clone-ists - People willing to accept a 'clone' of Harrison Ford (such as Anthony Ingruber) in the role. An actor who will mimic/resemble Harrison Ford's portrayal of Indy, not the performer's own interpretation.

3) Realists - People who appreciate that Harrison Ford is now realistically too old to play the character as we love to see him. Young, fit, full of daring-do. They also understand that the movie industry will cast a younger (and possibly popular) actor in the role that will result in money being made, rather than appeasing fans' wishes.

I may be wrong but these seem to be the trains of thought members on this forum seem to be aligning to. I know which camp I'm in
I would argue that the Clone-ists are just a subset of the Purists (AKA Ford Fundamentalists or Ford Fetishists*)

The Realists (AKA Progressionists**) of course have it right

* © Le Saboteur

** © Finn
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #604
Duaner
IndyFan

Quote:

Is it possible to be a realist cloneist? I know and accept that a new actor will be playing Indy, but I want it to be someone who I believe to be a younger version of Harrison Ford's character. That does not mean he has to look and sound exactly like him. Sean Patrick Flanery did not look like Harrison Ford and I accepted him as Young Indy. Chris Pratt will satisfy me. I am impressed with this Anthony Ingruber, but I don't know if I want to see him as Indy. Maybe as Han Solo in the 2018 spinoff movie, but I don't know.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #605
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duaner
Is it possible to be a realist cloneist? I know and accept that a new actor will be playing Indy, but I want it to be someone who I believe to be a younger version of Harrison Ford's character. That does not mean he has to look and sound exactly like him.
So what you're practically saying is that you want a Caucasian male with handsome looks into the role.

For what it's worth, I believe that's what Disney is aiming for too. If casting, say, a black woman for the part would make me do a bunch of double takes (even if I would reserve my final judgment 'til seeing the final product), I guess I'm a 'realist cloneist' too, despite all my progressivism.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #606
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
If casting, say, a black woman for the part would make me do a bunch of double takes

Never say Never my friend.

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #607
Túrin Turambar
IndyFan

Who knows what wonders Disney have in store for this franchise hey? Can't wait!!
Túrin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #608
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Never say Never my friend.
Very long and considerate double takes.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:15 AM   #609
indytim
IndyFan

Watching Adam Driver's taciturn appearance at Comic-Con's Star Wars Episode VII panel reminded me of Harrison Ford somewhat, making me wonder if he could possibly bring the same kind of gravitas to the role (not that Disney will be looking for that).

Old 07-30-2015, 03:56 AM   #610
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
[size="1"]* © Le Saboteur

Now I need one of those shirts proclaiming my fame on the internet.

In other news, look at this sexy, sexy hunk of a man.

That's Murray Bartlett of HBO's Looking. And here is in a really cool sheep's wool lined coat!

By casting Bartlett you get: a gay actor; a gay Indiana Jones; and a mustache! It's the trifecta of wants!

And you just know he's a top like good ol' Harry.

-------
Edit: Highly inappropriate gif there, le sab. You know better.

Last edited by Pale Horse : 07-30-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:45 AM   #611
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Don't we have to rule out all the young Harrison Fords before we get to the Tom Sellecks?
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #612
Lambonius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Che
Don't we have to rule out all the young Harrison Fords before we get to the Tom Sellecks?

Hahaha...I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's so obvious.
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #613
Túrin Turambar
IndyFan

Does it matter though if he's a Top?

Like a young Tom he looks lovely.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #614
Túrin Turambar
IndyFan

Quote:
Watching Adam Driver's taciturn appearance at Comic-Con's Star Wars Episode VII panel reminded me of Harrison Ford somewhat, making me wonder if he could possibly bring the same kind of gravitas to the role (not that Disney will be looking for that).

Adam Driver?? He's the ugliest man on the planet.. seriously looks more like a young Dracula.