Halloween...

Gear

I heard that a couple of years ago someone in my town went as Adolf Hitler and got arrested because it offended people.

I think it would be cool to go as Darth Vader.

Vendetta08

Haven't even thought about it. I'll probably just put on a suit and tie with cowboy boots and go as Mr. Blonde. That's cheap. All I ever do is head down to the mall and some other places(y)

indy34

gear guardian said:
I heard that a couple of years ago someone in my town went as Adolf Hitler and got arrested because it offended people

Just like cartman on south park but he didn't get arrested(y)

drwynn

Attila the Professor said:
I might be getting a group together to do the cast of Clue; I'd be Professor Plum, natch.

Atilla - A few years ago, a friend of mine threw a Halloween costume party with the "CLUE" theme.

My girl had her costume made by a professional costumer; she went as Yvette, the busty French Maid. Man...did she look good.

I went as Michael Myers...because, as I told the host, "Every Halloween party has to feature an appearance from the Boogeyman."

This year I'll be dressing as Indiana Jones...I'm just waiting on two pieces of the costume to arrive.

Michael24

drwynn said:
I went as Michael Myers...because, as I told the host, "Every Halloween party has to feature an appearance from the Boogeyman."

This year I'll be dressing as Indiana Jones...I'm just waiting on two pieces of the costume to arrive.

I was Michael Myers for Halloween every year from 1996-2001 or so, until my mask dried out and shriveled up. I enjoyed just walking silently around the neighborhood with the "Myers Walk," scaring people without even really doing anything. (Though I wanted to pound the guy who spotted me one year and said to his friend, "Check out that Pinhead costume." :mad: )

Maybe I'll be Indiana Jones this year as well. Don't have the most authentic-looking costume, but I've got khaki pants, a leather jacket, a bag, and a Fedora that look good enough.

EDIT: Perhaps we can also use this thread to share pics from our Halloween experiences: decorations we're setting up around the house, Halloween party pics, etc.

drwynn

Michael24 said:
(Though I wanted to pound the guy who spotted me one year and said to his friend, "Check out that Pinhead costume."

LOL. That's pretty funny...and the first time I've ever heard someone mistake a costume of Myers for Pinhead. I've heard someone refer to me as "Jason" while in the Myers costume...but, never Pinhead.

I mean...how dumb are some people? Pinhead's name is pretty self-referential and the costume itself explains his name. How could someone mistake a guy in coveralls and a white-faced Shatner mask for the name "Pinhead"?

Wow...amazing. Thanks for the laugh! :D

Michael24

I know. I was thinking to myself, "Are there pins in this mask, dude?" Haha!!

I was called Jason the year or two years before that, but it was a little more forgivable because I was positioned in an upstairs window overlooking the front of the house, plus both wear plain white masks. But, like you said... Pinhead!?

Niteshade007

I'm also surprised. I mean, Pinhead isn't nearly as famous as Jason or Michael, so its weird that someone would mistake Michael for Pinhead. He just isn't one of the more famous villains from the slasher genre.

IndyFan89

gear guardian said:
I know its a bit early, but whats everyone going as for Hollows Eve?
I was thinking of for me:
- 60's spy (sort of like Austin Powers only... less "Austin Powers" if ya know what I mean)
- Classy devil
- Werewolf
- Han Solo
- Serial killer?
and of coarse I could go as a Beatle, seeing as how Across the Universe is in theaters right now (plus I have the hair ;) )

P.S.
I was Indy a couple of years ago and the jacket doesn't fit anymore.

Heres a good place to talk about that: www.proptopia.com (y)

nezobiwan

Me last year in Orlando at Screamfest meeting Patricia Quinn (Magenta from Rocky Horror Picture Show). I just glammed up and dressed whoreish (y'gotta for RHPS).
That same year we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween at Magic Kingdom as the cast from Alice in Wonderland.

A couple years ago my friend made me this generic Pirate outfit.

Me as Liz Swann Pirate King earlier this year for the opening of Pirates--might be the costume I wear for Halloween this year also.

Niteshade007

That Alice is SHORT, lol.

This is the only picture I could find on my computer from a Halloween event. It's last year. I was Superman on a budget, as I call him.

2-8.jpg

And this year I'm going as Indiana Jones. I figure since I already had the hat and a jacket, I would only have to buy a few things.

Niteshade007

Thanks! I got pretty much everything at Target. It cost like $20, and all I had to buy was the shirt, the underwear, and the tablecloth cape.

I didn't win the costume contest at the club, though, that was sad. Some girl dressed up as facebook did.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
I hosted a film conference entitled Classic Monster Mash in 2005 and took a few pics. Here I am in one of the rare costumed moments as Jack the Ripper. The Count is a television icon named Count Gregore here in the midwest - my home. The lovely victim is my wife. Always willing to go the distance for a cause.

b1a7.jpg

bebb.jpg

|ZiR|

Halloween always sucked for me.

I grew up in a very fundamentalist Christian household, thus I missed out entirely on the real Halloween experience. No costumes, no candy, no decorations, no pumpkins, no Halloween themed television/movies... you get the idea. And we lived in such a rural area at the time that I never even got to SEE the other kids ToT. Shame I'm too old for it now. Oh, well! One goes on living.

Now, this Halloween will probably be spent like the past few; my sister and I renting the crappiest horror movies we can find, then spending the rest of the night watching them all while consuming copious amounts of candy. :p

But if any of my friends were into Halloween, or if there was a party I knew of, I'd definitely dress up. I can't think of any really clever ideas for costumes, though. Mm, I think going as Short Round would be neat (not to mention easy). Or maybe like, "Harry Potter: 15 years later." Y'know, Scar, 5 o'clock shadow, dirty wifebeater, wand, broken broomsticks in the frontyard. Haha. I dunno. Maybe it's best I don't if those are the sort of ideas I can come up with.

The pictures are cool, everyone. We should turn this into a Halloween picture thread 'cause if I can't dress up myself, at least I can oggle at your outfits.

BTW, Attila the Professor, your Clue theme idea is great. I just watched that movie a few weeks ago and rediscovered how awesome it is. There's lot of humor I missed out on when I saw it as a kid. Tim Curry is a God.