Indy Legos already out?

tnswman

JimmyPSHayes said:
Did you find 2 more of the Motorcycle sets or 2 of the other sets?

2 of the Cycle sets. I will take pics this week when I am free. Indy looks so friggen cool....These are going to be the sets that all Lego sets will be held to. I have NEVER cared for Lego but Darn....I LOVE IT!!

ChromiumBlue37

Great, Jimmy!

I work off of I-55 and Rt. 83 in Burr Ridge. I take 56/Butterfield or 355/I-88 daily! Thanks for the info, I will make sure I stop in to see you!

Tonight I am going to stop at the Fox Valley TRU since I live in Aurora.

tnswman

JimmyPSHayes said:
I found them at the TRU on Butterfield. That's right down the road from the Comic Book store that I manage. The one next to the Best Buy. My friend is checking the one at 75th and Lemont on the south end of Downers. I'll give you a heads-up too if we find them. Man, it looks like there's a handful of us in the same area. Awesome.

Just have Them look in the back too, The Indy sets are all boxed together...At 1st, Lego thought about mixing it in with a Star Wars set until the hype hit.

It's christmas time, they will pull items more for you now than any other time.

Comic Book shop huh? I spend about $140+ a week on new comics :) Does your shop have a website?

ChromiumBlue37

tnswman said:
2 of the Cycle sets. I will take pics this week when I am free. Indy looks so friggen cool....These are going to be the sets that all Lego sets will be held to. I have NEVER cared for Lego but Darn....I LOVE IT!!

Have you opened them yet? Can you tell what the printing quality is like? What accessories come with the set? I feel like a ten year-old again!

Thanks SO MUCH!! :whip:

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Have you opened them yet? Can you tell what the printing quality is like? What accessories come with the set? I feel like a ten year-old again!

Thanks SO MUCH!! :whip:

So Far, I just have Indy out.. I do not see a whip but It may be in the bags.. I will know more later.. The printing is Great...the White faces are perfect. The German looks cool.

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Great, Jimmy!

I work off of I-55 and Rt. 83 in Burr Ridge. I take 56/Butterfield or 355/I-88 daily! Thanks for the info, I will make sure I stop in to see you!

Tonight I am going to stop at the Fox Valley TRU since I live in Aurora.

Take into accout that Lego is VERY good about getting their toys out to most stores at the same time....I'm betting your Wal-MArts Targets and K-Marts have these in the back or even on the shelves.

JimmyPSHayes

tnswman said:
Just have Them look in the back too, The Indy sets are all boxed together...At 1st, Lego thought about mixing it in with a Star Wars set until the hype hit.

It's christmas time, they will pull items more for you now than any other time.

Comic Book shop huh? I spend about $140+ a week on new comics :) Does your shop have a website?
Yup, it's www.grahamcrackers.com and we offer discounts for subscribers too. Check it out and if you have any questions, email me at batkid03@aol.com
ChromiumBlue37-Man, you totally gotta stop by. I'm here till 7pm everynight-8 on days when new comics come out. Usually that's Wednesday,but this week it's Thursday due to the holiday. If you stop today, I have the Lego set here at work with me. I-55 & 83? There's a new Target around that area right? I've been to a couple weddings at that hotel. I can't remember the name of it. And I used to work at the Blockbuster at 83 & 63rd street.

tnswman

JimmyPSHayes said:
Yup, it's www.grahamcrackers.com and we offer discounts for subscribers too. Check it out and if you have any questions, email me at batkid03@aol.com
ChromiumBlue37-Man, you totally gotta stop by. I'm here till 7pm everynight-8 on days when new comics come out. Usually that's Wednesday,but this week it's Thursday due to the holiday. If you stop today, I have the Lego set here at work with me. I-55 & 83? There's a new Target around that area right? I've been to a couple weddings at that hotel. I can't remember the name of it. And I used to work at the Blockbuster at 83 & 63rd street.

AWESOME!! I have been to that site a lot...I am looking for some Madman books so I might check with you :)

Is the box not AMAZING on the Indy set? Not to mention Indy?

Katarn07

Dude, I have a friend that's crazy about that comic shop! He got all his Hellblazer and Batman graphic novels there. In fact, that friend and I used to work at a Blockbuster too. Small world.

Yeah, the one on Butterfield is mine and since you cleaned them out, I'll have to check the one in Melrose Park on North Ave. That's on my way to and from school. That other one in Downers Grove is way out of the way for me. I've only have been there a handful of times.

ChromiumBlue37

I really feel sorry for the poor guy on Ebay with the $81 bid he's locked into paying...

Thank you very much, Jimmy. Finally something to look forward to. Had no idea there was a comic shop up there. Looks like I'll have my very own adventure finding the place tonight. :cool:

JimmyPSHayes

tnswman-Send me your want list and I'll take care of it and make you a great deal!
Katarn07-I think I know the guy that you're talking about. We have like 8 stores, but if he came to mine, I know who he is. I have a good customer who works at that store, so I'll try and give him a call and see if I can get you and ChromiomBlue27 hooked up.
ChromiumBlue37-Here's the link for my store page, it's got mapquest on it:
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/wtstore.htm
-You're going to look for Bradford Drive. It's about 2-3 miles west of 355 on Butterfield. There's a White Hen/7-11 on the corner. At that stoplight, make a right and that empties into our parking lot. We're on the second floor of the strip mall. Hope you can make it!

fixer79

ChromiumBlue37 said:
The Motorcycle Chase seems to be the very first set available. I wonder if they are SUPPOSED to be out yet? :confused:

At any any rate I am grabbing up 2! Can I get a set for you Fixer?

That's very thoughtful of you, Chrome, but I think I'll wait a tiny bit longer...
Some other 2008 LEGO sets (such as the new police station) have been spotted out here so I reckon the Indy sets will follow shortly...
Anyway, thanks for the offer ;)

tnswman

fixer79 said:
That's very thoughtful of you, Chrome, but I think I'll wait a tiny bit longer...
Some other 2008 LEGO sets (such as the new police station) have been spotted out here so I reckon the Indy sets will follow shortly...
Anyway, thanks for the offer ;)

If the Indy sets follow through like the Batman sets last year, The 1st set will have about 2 weeks on the release of the next sets which will come more quickly.

I Have never Collected Lego, However, My friend does. So, I was on the look-out and noticed how things worked.

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Not a problem, Fixer!
Still have not found a set for myself so far. :dead:

Anybody have a close-up shot of the Indy figure? Dying to see all of his glorious details and accessories!

Here is a link to a close-up of the Henry Jones, Sr. mini figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-INDIANA-JONES-Lego-HENRY-JONES-SR-Sean-Conn_W0QQitemZ180185200632QQihZ008QQcategoryZ19001QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I havea Great pic of my set.. How do I post it here?

Oh someone asked, Indy DOES HAVE his whip.. It is the coiled whip. However, It is really streatchy... It does not stay straight but you can pull it out at least.

indyt

I have been searching at the Toys are Us and Walmarts in Fayetteville and eastarn NC. Came up with nothing. I will keep looking.

ChromiumBlue37

So far, I haven't tried to upload a pic of my own on here - not sure how to do it. Heck, I can't even figure out how to select an avatar!!
Very cool to hear that the coiled whip can be stretched out for "play"! :D

Thank you for the link to the loose pics, Fixer! Love seeing the set put together with all of the details. JimmyPSHayes has the set and I got to see it first-hand the other day. Made me feel like a 10 year old boy all over again! Really had forgotten how SMALL those minifigs really are.