It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

Katarn07

Mr. Z said:
I had to go to Toysrus.com for Marion; she was hiding in a basket. (y)

lol

IndySeven said:
Yep, they're out. I went to Wal-Mart and Target and there are a lot of the Indy with Ark and Marion w/ Thug there.

Well my Wal-Mart doesn't have them. I'd go on another road trip, but my car's making some noises and I am not going anywhere until I have it looked at.

Vlad Dracula

I got to go through the cases the Walmart near me got today and Marion and the Cemetery Warrior are the toughest to get. Walmart got two Irinas, two Ugha Warriors and only one each of Marion and the Cemetery Warrior.

ChromiumBlue37

Today's toy run was very unfruitful. The pegs and shelves are bare!

I managed to grab the 12 inch Cairo Swordsman, (now I can send away for my 12 inch scale Ark of the Covenant - yayyyy!), another 4" inch figure of the same character, and the IJ Handbook at Borders. Everywhere I went, there were remnants or nothing.

Right now we are finding out that Indiana Jones merchandise is HOT, HOT, HOT and the general public IS responding. This is an exciting time - somewhere between product being sold out/not yet re-stocked and initial release. Either circumstance has the shelves empty in my area!

I've gotten everything but the Cemetery warrior. The hardest to find for me has been the Russian Soldier. I've seen multiples of all the other figures except the Russian Soldier and warrior. Marion for me has been pretty easy. I'm still missing a few of the KOTCS heros.

Young Indy

I got a lot of the Indy figures at a smaller local Wal-Mart at midnight. On the Day of the 1st I went to look in a larger city I live near by and only 1 of the 3 Wal-Marts even had any and the Target didn't have it either! I still haven't got them all because these places don't have them! Why is there so many places that don't have it out when it suppose too. I call the places to see if they have them and everyone I talk to are idiots! I ask them if they have the Indiana Jones figures and they get off the phone return in like 10 seconds and say, "I don't see any Indianapolis Johns but, we got plenty of other action figures." Like just any will do as if they are like rubber hoses or something! :sick:

End of Rant

JayDee

It´s May 5th in Germany, and there´s still NOTHING available (except Lego) at the discounters!! :mad:

And no one can give me any information when they are gonna have it in stock. That´s unbelievable -.-

blueseattle

Young Indy said:
I got a lot of the Indy figures at a smaller local Wal-Mart at midnight. On the Day of the 1st I went to look in a larger city I live near by and only 1 of the 3 Wal-Marts even had any and the Target didn't have it either! I still haven't got them all because these places don't have them! Why is there so many places that don't have it out when it suppose too. I call the places to see if they have them and everyone I talk to are idiots! I ask them if they have the Indiana Jones figures and they get off the phone return in like 10 seconds and say, "I don't see any Indianapolis Johns but, we got plenty of other action figures." Like just any will do as if they are like rubber hoses or something! :sick:

End of Rant

Yeah but do be honest.. its really not their job to know those specifics. I'm sorry, but I can't hold them to it. And in the end.. they're toys.

Indy's Fist

Once again Indy is the "ugly red-headed stepchild" of the Lucasfilm family. Star Wars episodes 1,2 & 3 all got killer displays and toys galor. Finding Indy toys now is like Indy trying to find the lost city of Atlantis. I've been to five Wal-Marts and it seems each one has different stuff than the other, and none I might add, in any great quantities. Some had none. Many Targets had none, while some had a handful. Hell, Target has an exclusive on the Game of Life Indy Jones edition yet many of their stores have nothing on the shelf.

Still I have managed to get most of what I wanted, but it was not "one stop shopping" by any streach of the imagination.

tnswman

Young Indy said:

End of Rant

DUDE!! you NEVER call to check on these things :(

Indy Black

Wal-mart was picked clean of anything decent, they had 9 zillion(I estimate) action heros(or whatever the tiny figures are called) and a few million Mutts.

One of which I "rescued" and brought home(y) Mutt and his giant green pet snake....I shall name him Squishy and he shall be my Squishy(the snake not Mutt).

No 12 inch, no delux and no books of any kind; that's the most frustrating part as I want to start collecting the related books.

Oh they did have the Lego's stocked but that's not my thing, 900 + bricks on that temple is my version of Hell.:dead:

Lol Indianapolis Johns makes me think of Pimp My Ride.:whip:

inky_skin

Looks like the 3 3/4" Wave 1 figs are now hitting in the UK - but not everywhere. Having spent my weekend on a quest befitting Indy himself, I checked the major chains in my area with no luck, only to find an untouched case in a tiny Woolworths in darkest Cornwall. Needless to say I grabbed one of each figure. Have to say that the Indy with Idol has far better paint apps than in the pics online - especially the eyes. The trick to spotting Harrisons likeness it to look at the figure in profile :)

NOTE: http://www.toysrus.co.uk - has limited Wave 1 stock as of midday on 06-05.

Last edited:

bonoferox

All Wal-Marts and Targets and TRU and Meijers i've been to have all done their summer movie re-stock on toys as of yesterday. No Indy is everywhere. Good thing is I stopped by WM once more on my way in today and about 50 percent of the Indy figures from yesterday had been picked through and depleted. Looks like the line will do rather well based on what I'm seeing :)

GeorgeL

So I got to the Wal-Mart by my office this morning at 6:45am. No one standing outside which was a big sigh of relief. I started getting antsy around 6:53 so I followed an employee in through the door with no handles. It?s so funny. You can basically rob this place blind at that hour and no one would have the slightest idea what was going on. So I trot down to the toy aisle and what do you know? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! The shelves were the same from when I went last Friday. I was about to blow a gasket. So I waited 5 mins till it turned 7am sharp. Didn?t want to make a scene prior to that as I wasn?t even supposed to be in the store. So when it turned 7am I found a guy walking past the toy aisle and asked him where were all the figures that were suppose to be out? I said I talked to a lady yesterday and she told me 3rd shift was putting everything out and if you wanted first choice to be here at 7am. I said so ?HERE I AM? plus I just drove here in bumper to bumper traffic 20miles to get my kids the figures they are missing. I said don?t you know about these filthy toy scalpers who come and take all the toys and sell them for triple the price? He said ?let me check in back?. So he came back and said he couldn?t find them. I said ?well I know you have them because the lady told me they were on a pallet on the 3rd shelf back there?. I said ?I want a manager?. So we went up front.

Time is now 7:05. They called a manager on the PA system (I counted) 8 times. Finally at 7:20 one comes strolling out of the back. Looked like he just woke up. Meanwhile I was laughing my ass off because this crazy guy with gray frizzy hair the size of hulk Hogan was at the customer service desk with a luggage bag on wheels and some bags of cereal arguing with the 3 ladies. They said ?sir, you?re going to have to wait here?. He said ?WHAT?? Then he said ?I don?t have to wait anywhere, what do you think I am, a prisoner of Wal-Mart?? You should have seen the look on their faces. They had nothing to say as he stormed away. Then he muttered ?what are you gonna have me arrested cause I wont stand at the service desk, idiots?. I was cracking up as I could see the look of customer service disgust on his face.

So the manager asked what I needed. I told him the same story I told the associate and he said ?who told you this?? I said the lady in the toy aisle. He said ?there she goes lying to customers again?. So we walk to the back room. I wait outside the doors. 2 mins later he comes out with 5 cases of the 3.75 inchers. I cut them all open. Out of all 5 cases there was 1 sallah, 1 Cemetery warrior, 1 Marion, 1 Spalko, 1 Monkey man. I grabbed them all and proceed to checkout. The pegs in the aisle had the deluxe figure price tags and the 12? fig tags but it was 7:25am and I had to get to work. They said they were looking for the rest so I will make a trip back around lunchtime(11:45) to see if the rest are out. It?s just ridiculous how hard you have to work to get first crack at action figures these day. Crazy!!!!!!

phantom train

Though I found a lot of the "Raiders" figures at Target last Friday, I am still missing some, and have yet to see any "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" figures (except for a 12" Mutt, which I am definitely not interested in getting).

The Wal-Mart closest to me not only had no IJ figures as of yesterday, I'm fairly sure they never got any in, period. There is no indication that they have shelf space available for these figures, and at this point I would be surprised if they get any - very disspointing.

GeorgeL

check all the sku's on the ends of the pegs because the walmart i just hit this morning had them all marked with IJ 3.75 and IJ Deluxe and there were star wars and power rangers on the pegs. If the sku's are on the pegs that means they have the figs in back.

The problem appears they received these figures mid April and had to move them so stock people wouldnt put them out early. They most likely have been forgotten about or are now "lost" in the eyes of these walmart workers.

You have to be forceful and tell them you know they have them. Tell them you called and they told you to come to the store and and ask for them in the back room.

bonoferox

GeorgeL said:
So I got to the Wal-Mart by my office this morning at 6:45am. No one standing outside which was a big sigh of relief. I started getting antsy around 6:53 so I followed an employee in through the door with no handles. It?s so funny. You can basically rob this place blind at that hour and no one would have the slightest idea what was going on. So I trot down to the toy aisle and what do you know? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! The shelves were the same from when I went last Friday. I was about to blow a gasket. So I waited 5 mins till it turned 7am sharp. Didn?t want to make a scene prior to that as I wasn?t even supposed to be in the store. So when it turned 7am I found a guy walking past the toy aisle and asked him where were all the figures that were suppose to be out? I said I talked to a lady yesterday and she told me 3rd shift was putting everything out and if you wanted first choice to be here at 7am. I said so ?HERE I AM? plus I just drove here in bumper to bumper traffic 20miles to get my kids the figures they are missing. I said don?t you know about these filthy toy scalpers who come and take all the toys and sell them for triple the price? He said ?let me check in back?. So he came back and said he couldn?t find them. I said ?well I know you have them because the lady told me they were on a pallet on the 3rd shelf back there?. I said ?I want a manager?. So we went up front.

Time is now 7:05. They called a manager on the PA system (I counted) 8 times. Finally at 7:20 one comes strolling out of the back. Looked like he just woke up. Meanwhile I was laughing my ass off because this crazy guy with gray frizzy hair the size of hulk Hogan was at the customer service desk with a luggage bag on wheels and some bags of cereal arguing with the 3 ladies. They said ?sir, you?re going to have to wait here?. He said ?WHAT?? Then he said ?I don?t have to wait anywhere, what do you think I am, a prisoner of Wal-Mart?? You should have seen the look on their faces. They had nothing to say as he stormed away. Then he muttered ?what are you gonna have me arrested cause I wont stand at the service desk, idiots?. I was cracking up as I could see the look of customer service disgust on his face.

So the manager asked what I needed. I told him the same story I told the associate and he said ?who told you this?? I said the lady in the toy aisle. He said ?there she goes lying to customers again?. So we walk to the back room. I wait outside the doors. 2 mins later he comes out with 5 cases of the 3.75 inchers. I cut them all open. Out of all 5 cases there was 1 sallah, 1 Cemetery warrior, 1 Marion, 1 Spalko, 1 Monkey man. I grabbed them all and proceed to checkout. The pegs in the aisle had the deluxe figure price tags and the 12? fig tags but it was 7:25am and I had to get to work. They said they were looking for the rest so I will make a trip back around lunchtime(11:45) to see if the rest are out. It?s just ridiculous how hard you have to work to get first crack at action figures these day. Crazy!!!!!!

That's awful, but at least you got some nice ones out of it finally :)

So she was lying about the stocker putting them out on the third shift or she was lying about them being on the third shelf in the back?
Hopefully your lunch trip will treat you better!

Arab Swordsman

The Target near me restocked everything yesterday morning and had some figures out when I went back after work for the Life game. It seems they might finally be getting around to putting their stock out.

tnswman

GeorgeL said:
check all the sku's on the ends of the pegs because the walmart i just hit this morning had them all marked with IJ 3.75 and IJ Deluxe and there were star wars and power rangers on the pegs. If the sku's are on the pegs that means they have the figs in back.

The problem appears they received these figures mid April and had to move them so stock people wouldnt put them out early. They most likely have been forgotten about or are now "lost" in the eyes of these walmart workers.

You have to be forceful and tell them you know they have them. Tell them you called and they told you to come to the store and and ask for them in the back room.

This is EXACTLY what I have ben telling you folks.. It worked for me at all 3 WMts that I went to on 5/1/08 at Midnight even. If you make them KNOW that you KNOW they have the product and explain that the release of these toys are like a DVD / CD release, They will realize that they have the obligation to sell these.

tnswman

phantom train said:
Though I found a lot of the "Raiders" figures at Target last Friday, I am still missing some, and have yet to see any "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" figures (except for a 12" Mutt, which I am definitely not interested in getting).

The Wal-Mart closest to me not only had no IJ figures as of yesterday, I'm fairly sure they never got any in, period. There is no indication that they have shelf space available for these figures, and at this point I would be surprised if they get any - very disspointing.

EVERY Wal-Mart has them..I double checked with the Hasbro Rep here who MADE sure my store had their isle set for Indy and Hulk and she said that Wal-Mart entered an agreement with Hasbro to carry Wal-Mart in EVERY store...Much like Gi Joe...so Wal-Marts EVERYWHERE have these..Somewhere in the store :(