Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Temple Raider

I hear you, I had fun seeing KOTCS in the theaters. It was kinda unreal to finally see an IJ movie on the big screen, having grown up with the original three and never having the chance to experience them theatrically.

Sequelcast

From best to worst, here's how I rank the Indiana Jones movies:

1. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

kongisking

I love 'em all, but I'd rank them chronologically when ranking them in order of awesomeness.

Temple of Doom: A still unsurpassed masterwork of action, horror, and one of cinema's most unforgettable climaxes.

Raiders: A stupendously well-crafted adventure, with great acting, characters, and the perfect plot for an Indy adventure.

Last Crusade: A highly enjoyable and fun romp, with some really well-done character development for Indy and a heartwarming ending.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Silly, over-the-top, long-winded, plot-hole ridden...and unapologetically light-hearted. In any other film, these traits would kill it for me, but by sheer dint of the fact that it's Indiana Jones, reprised by Ford, with some fun supporting performances, an intriguing new style and theme for the MacGuffin, and the wonderful 50's setting, it works just enough for me to call it an enjoyable and fun addition to the series, warts and all.

Temple Raider

kongisking said:
I love 'em all, but I'd rank them chronologically when ranking them in order of awesomeness.

Temple of Doom: A still unsurpassed masterwork of action, horror, and one of cinema's most unforgettable climaxes.

Raiders: A stupendously well-crafted adventure, with great acting, characters, and the perfect plot for an Indy adventure.

Last Crusade: A highly enjoyable and fun romp, with some really well-done character development for Indy and a heartwarming ending.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Silly, over-the-top, long-winded, plot-hole ridden...and unapologetically light-hearted. In any other film, these traits would kill it for me, but by sheer dint of the fact that it's Indiana Jones, reprised by Ford, with some fun supporting performances, an intriguing new style and theme for the MacGuffin, and the wonderful 50's setting, it works just enough for me to call it an enjoyable and fun addition to the series, warts and all.

Pretty spot-on as to how I feel about each entry, word for word.

Temple Raider

Yep, and I find his KOTCS description especially spot-on. Despite the flaws, it still had that Indy charm, appeal and sense of fun to it which still made it entertaining in my book.

Marshall2288

This changes regularly with all 3 originals at one time being my favorite but here it is currently:

Temple of Doom
Raiders
Last Crusade
Crystal Skull

I agree with a few of the above posters in which Crystal Skull will never be my favorite, it has grown on me over the past few years but I still can't forgive them for that fridge scene.....

kongisking

Temple Raider said:
I still enjoy KOTCS but moments like the fridge scene do take me out of it.

I accepted it pretty much from the moment I heard about it online. Mostly because I kept thinking, "Good Lord, that sounds like Indy all over! Surviving in the most crazy, mind-blowing way possible? Just like in the old serials!"

Marshall2288

I just can't, for the life of me, figure out why in the world Speilburg, Ford, Frank Marshall...SOMEONE didn't say "Um George, thats ridiculous. Lets not film that cuz...well...lets just not."

Stoo

Marshall2288 said:
I just can't, for the life of me, figure out why in the world Speilburg, Ford, Frank Marshall...SOMEONE didn't say "Um George, thats ridiculous. Lets not film that cuz...well...lets just not."
Perhaps you're not aware, Marshall, but the fridge wasn't George's idea.

Steven Spielberg: "The gopher was good. I have the stand-in one at home. What people really jumped at was Indy climbing into a refrigerator and getting blown into the sky by an atom-bomb blast. Blame me. Don't blame George. That was my silly idea. People stopped saying "jump the shark". They now say, "nuked the fridge". I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture."

---
On-topic:
In what order do I rank the movies? In the order they were released.(y)

Montana Smith

Marshall2288 said:

Spielburg took the blame for the the fridge, but somehow I think he was just covering for an old friend under pressure.

EDIT: Just noticed Stewie's post - I was delayed looking at Catwoman's butt.

Marshall2288

Stoo, no I was not aware. I apologize for blaming George Lucas. Now just plug in Speilburg instead of Lucas and I feel the question is still more than valid.

....I think we all could use another glimpse of Catwoman's butt. Back to the other thread!

Stoo

Marshall2288 said:
Stoo, no I was not aware. I apologize for blaming George Lucas. Now just plug in Speilburg instead of Lucas and I feel the question is still more than valid.
Indeed...but, with all due respect, Mrashull: Who is "Speilburg"?:confused: :p ;)
Marshall2288 said:
....I think we all could use another glimpse of Catwoman's butt. Back to the other thread!
Beautiful butts aside, I hope you didn't become a Raven member just to banter about batsh!t.:sick: There are plenty of Indy (& Indy-related) threads about.;)

So, "Doom" is your current favourite? Cool!(y) Nice to know that it's not "Crusade".
Raiders #1 - ALWAYS for all time.
Doom #2 - ALWAYS for all time.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Indeed...but, with all due respect, Mrashull: Who is "Speilburg"?:confused: :p ;)

Blame me, Stewie. It must be the first time I've turned Mr. Play Mountain into Mr. Play Castle!

Stoo said:
Beautiful butts aside, I hope you didn't become a Raven member just to banter about batsh!t.:sick:

That's some cool guano, though. :cool:

(Forewarned is forearmed, but I've ordered the 1943 and 1949 Batman serials...) :p

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
(Forewarned is forearmed, but I've ordered the 1943 and 1949 Batman serials...) :p
Don't entice me, Smiffy!:whip:
Marshall2288 said:
Stoo, I joined the Raven because I'm not cool enough to get real friends. Obviously.
Please don't take any offence, Marshall. There is no harm or malice intended.:cool:

I like the fact that you chose "Doom" as your current favourite!:D In what order did you see the movies?

Marshall2288

None was taken. Trust me. I'm always down for a little internet smack talk here and there. (plus I work in a jail so I'm used to haggling)

I actually saw them in order when I was a kid. My mom bought the VHS box set and we watched a movie a night for that weekend. I was instantly hooked. Doom has always appealed to me and I'm not sure why. As I grew older I enjoyed it more and more. Many laws that others see in the movie are lost with me.