Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Temple Raider

Johnb02 said:
This used to be my order of favorite to least.

ToD

RotLA

LC

KotCS
Later i decided to change it a bit.
ToD

RotLA

KotCS

LC

ToD was awesome. Plain awesome. GO TOD!!!!

:hat:

TOD never gets old.

Temple Raider

Johnb02 said:
Later i decided to change it a bit.
ToD

RotLA

KotCS

LC

This is probably closer to my ranking these days. TLC and KOTCS really fight it out for third and fourth place respectively these days for me.

Temple Raider

Having done my most recent Indy marathon, my current ranking is pretty final:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders
Crystal Skull
Last Crusade

I still find TLC and KOTCS battle it out pretty closely for third and fourth place, though. Maybe it's just because KOTCS has improved for me a lot that I enjoy it more although TLC definitely has the nostalgia factor going for it. I suppose it depends on what day you catch me on which I like better.

Temple Raider

Nowadays my ranking is probably more like this:

TOD
ROTLA
KOTCS
TLC

TLC and KOTCS are both now incredibly close, though. Guess it depends what mood I'm in when I watch either, I find both are interchangable for their respective spots :hat:

Henry Jones VII

1- Raiders of the Lost Ark
2- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
3- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
4- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Dr.Jonesy

Henry Jones VII said:
1- Raiders of the Lost Ark
2- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
3- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
4- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I remember this was my ranking for a little bit in 2008. Looking at it, my preference has changed quite a bit.

:p

Temple Raider

My current ranking is looking to be pretty final, but as I said, depends what day you catch me on where TLC and KOTCS might be ranked.

Temple Raider

Temple Raider said:
Now I find myself inclined to bump up the rating of KOTCS to an 8/10. I find it really does improve a lot with repeat viewings, and now I find myself slightly preferring it to TLC, even though I still tremendously enjoy TLC.

Forgot to mention that KOTCS nowadays is a very solid 8/10 in my book as is TLC :hat: Raiders and TOD are both perfect 10s for me :hat:

Skull is in the midst of the second (of three?) drops, a freefall which I can't see the bottom.

Dissecting Willie has caused a pretty conscious avoidance of Temple lately, maybe Halloween will nudge me to watch a few of the more scary moments.

Last Crusade got some play lately because my boy dropped the chose wisely quote, (unconciously!) the other day, that and the Boy Scout stuff plays pretty well. Might check in on the Brunwald Nazis soon.

The rerelease of Raiders continues to confirm its place both as foundation and pinnacle of the series.

Unbeatable.

Temple Raider

Even though TOD is my favorite, Raiders is definitely in a class all of it's own for sure. It's easy to see why it was such a huge sensation back when it was first released.

IndyBuff

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I love all four. If I had to rank my favorites they would probably just go in production order.:D

Walecs

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

But I love all of them (almost) at the same way.

Temple Raider

Not a bad idea to list favorite character in each movie (besides Indy, of course ;)). I'll list mine:

ROTLA - Marion
TOD - Short Round
TLC - Henry Jones, Sr.
KOTCS - Marion

Colonel Corey

Temple Raider said:
Not a bad idea to list favorite character in each movie (besides Indy, of course ;)). I'll list mine:

ROTLA - Marion
TOD - Short Round
TLC - Henry Jones, Sr.
KOTCS - Marion

Thanks, Temple Raider! As most of you can see, I'm kinda a Indy bad guy fan! I was Colonel Vogel for Halloween. We had a truck driving around with John Williams' Belly Of The Steel Beast playing, while I was wearing my costume, acting out Vogel fighting on the tank in a trailor. My costume took four months to make, since my Mum sewed the entire coat, with the correct Insignia.

Yeah, and my brother had an Indiana Jones costume, and we got LOTS OF cheering, whistling, and clapping! (y) (Sorry, got a little off topic there!)