Producer Frank Marshall Talks...

jones

Frank Marshall talked about 'Indy 4'

Saturday, July 20, 2002 - Gilles V
Sci Fi Wire posted a short article in which producer Frank Marshall talks about Indy 4. Here's what it said:

Indiana Jones producer Frank Marshall told USA Today that the notion of reviving the film franchise became a reality only after the series' key players gathered in 2001 at an American Film Institute dinner to honor Harrison Ford. "[We] all saw each other backstage in tuxedoes, and it was a nostalgic moment where we got to talking, and we found how much fun we had on these movies," Marshall said. "But these days it takes us all a while to clear our schedules."

Marhsall, who also produced the upcoming Signs, added, "It's going to be the same team: George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and me. We are working on the film as we speak. I think production will start in 2004 for release in the summer of 2005. There are certain elements that are in all three movies that we will strive to maintain: the archaeology aspect, the fun of the movies and a little bit of the supernatural."

roundshort

jones said:
Frank Marshall talked about 'Indy 4'

Saturday, July 20, 2002 - Gilles V
Sci Fi Wire posted a short article in which producer Frank Marshall talks about Indy 4. Here's what it said:

Indiana Jones producer Frank Marshall told USA Today that the notion of reviving the film franchise became a reality only after the series' key players gathered in 2001 at an American Film Institute dinner to honor Harrison Ford. "[We] all saw each other backstage in tuxedoes, and it was a nostalgic moment where we got to talking, and we found how much fun we had on these movies," Marshall said. "But these days it takes us all a while to clear our schedules."

Marhsall, who also produced the upcoming Signs, added, "It's going to be the same team: George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and me. We are working on the film as we speak. I think production will start in 2004 for release in the summer of 2005. There are certain elements that are in all three movies that we will strive to maintain: the archaeology aspect, the fun of the movies and a little bit of the supernatural."

Lets see today is July 20, 2006 . . .

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Whoa! This is old news! But I think we all know the truth. Indy IV is now avaliable for rental at your local video DVD store. :p

roundshort

VP said:
Hey roundshort, stop bumping old threads with no reason.

What are you talking about no reason???? IF you read the article, it was from July 20, 2004, yesterday was July 20 2006, I think that it is very reasonalble to bump this thread as Frank was saying he expected a 2004 release, what is your deal???? Or does irony escape you?

roundshort

temple of john said:
Actually it was from July 20th, 2002, which makes it even more interesting.

Sorry my bad. ToJ you notice if someone else opens a topic like this it is "timely or thanks for the research" You or I do and Finn or Vp get a B**chy, must have sand in their . . .

VP

Moderator Emeritus
roundshort said:
What are you talking about no reason???? IF you read the article, it was from July 20, 2004, yesterday was July 20 2006, I think that it is very reasonalble to bump this thread as Frank was saying he expected a 2004 release, what is your deal???? Or does irony escape you?

I'm talking in general. It seems to me that you've recently been bumping a lot of old threads, mostly without anything to say.

roundshort

VP said:
I'm talking in general. It seems to me that you've recently been bumping a lot of old threads, mostly without anything to say.

That is what you think, aren't we supposed to open old threads instead of making new ones about topics that have been discussed????

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Talking about outdated stuff that some random guy said four years ago seems pretty pointless to me.

roundshort

VP said:
Talking about outdated stuff that some random guy said four years ago seems pretty pointless to me.

FRANK MARSHALL is random????? He is part of the "team" without him there is no new movie!