What is your single favourite scene from the trilogy?

Indy_Chic

What Truck? said:
If we're talking expressions, it's pretty hard to beat the Spike Chamber sequence in Temple.

Willie...We. Are Going. To Die!!! :mad:

Also, the shot of Indy crouching by the door as the stone rolls back with that "I hate you so much right now" look on his face makes me crack up every time I see it.

I love that scene too! It always makes me laugh!! A classic scene! (y) I also love how Shorty and Indy are on the brink of certain death and Indy calls out to Willie for help and she mumbles 'Aw, I have get all dirty again!' and walks really slow towards them. LOL!!!

And I also love the expression on Indy's face when Willie sets off the spike trap again. He looks pretty stressed out to say the least. ;)

Little Indy

What Truck? said:
4. "Hahaha...sonnofa*****"

YES, that is my favorite line from the movie. I love it. I also like the line from Last Crusade, where Elsa and Indy are in the catacombs and she asks Indy what the drawings are and he's says "Ark of the Covenant." "Are you sure?" "Pretty sure."

What Truck?

Understatement of the Year

I enjoy that little ark reference as well. It is just so understated. All of Raiders summed up in - are you sure? Pretty sure. CLASSIC

Actually, I enjoy most all the references to other films in the Indy trilogy. They were never groan inducing and helped to tie the trilogy together. Let's hope for a few call-backs like these in KOTCS:

Temple -
1. grabbing the hat while escaping from the spike chamber
2. basket chase musical cue while Indy fumbles for his gun against the
Thugee
3. hat tip to the cobra statue referring to Raiders snake pit scene

Crusade -
1. "Fly yes, land no!" as a callback to the plane escape from Temple
2. "At least I let you tag along" - first Willie, and now Elsa! (Indy and those
blondes :whip: )

Ouroboros

I can't pick just one, so here they are.

1. The Chachopoyan Temple scene in Raiders. Just the classic Indiana Jones formula, condensed into about ten minutes.
2. The truck chase in Raiders. Arguably one of the best action scenes in American cinema.
3. "Where doesn't it hurt?" scene in Raiders. Possibly the most amusing romantic interlude I have ever seen.
4. The bridge scene in Temple of Doom. We had to sit through the middle of the movie, but Indy came back loud and clear for the finale.
5. The end of Crusade. I'm ecstatic about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but if the series had gone out with this final ride into the sunset, it wouldn't have been such a bad thing.

Ska

Not to change the subject, but I have to ask...

Ouroboros, have you read the book The Sanctuary from Raymond Khoury?

It's all about a book with the tail-eating dragon symbol on it. I'm reading it right now...about 20 pages 'til the end.

My favorite Indy moments are the booby-trap/puzzle moments:
1. The beginning of Raiders as Indy heads for the Idol of Fertility
2. The ending of Last Crusade at the 3 trials for the Holy Grail.
3. Temple of Doom spike room
4. Raiders Well of Souls
5. Raiders Map Room
6. Last Crusade library/sewers (I love when Indy smashes the post on the "X" and the librarian stamps the book...funny schtuff)
7. The Mayan pyramid in Crystal Skull...;)

Deckard

Rope Bridge - Temple of Doom

Map Room - ROTLA (I think its the music in this scene)

The Knights Tomb (In Venice) - Last Crusade (Ive said this b4 but the exchange here between Indy and Elsa is brilliant.)

Elsa : Whats this?
Indy : Ark Of The Covetant
Elsa : Are You Sure?
Indy : Pretty Sure.

chemeleon26

My favorite has to be when Indy had to choose the correct grail. He mumbled to himself "cup of a carpenter" or something like that and he picks a slightly hidden, simple and tarnished looking grail. I didn't see that coming.

ReggieSnake

hmmm... Definately the very begining of raiders-though to the shot of the University. This scene really sets the stage for not only raiders, but I'd say the other movies as well. Gives Indy his cool character, knowledge and fear of snakes too. John Williams is brilliant with the score here, I especially love the Idol music cue in the temple and the fact he waits untill Indy swings out to the vine to play the Raiders March for the first time. Obviously by my username I'm a Reggie the snake fan.;)
My first official post! Been watching the site and forums for several years now and now that I have a faster connection I thought I'd register! Anyway, glad to be here. Go Indy.:whip:

jonesissparrow

One favorite scene out of the trilogy would be Last Crusade's "No ticket" scene that was too funny!!

Here's the rest:
Raiders:
1.) Boulder scene
2.) Natives chase Indy
3.) Marion duking him on their first meet.
4.) The Barfight
5.) Indy vs the Arab swordsmen
6.) Truck scene

Temple of Doom
1.) The whole beginning up till they meet the Indian leader.
2.) Willie scared of nature/Short Round cheating, two funnies for the price of one!
3.) The whole verbal exchange between Mola and Indy when they first meet.
4.) Indy freeing the children
5.)Indy's fight with big guard mix with Short Round's fight with the matarajah.
6.) The whole Mine cart chase
7.) Indy facing off two thuggees with no gun
8.) The whole rope bridge scene.

Last Crusade:
1.) Indy taking his anger at the Nazis when mentioned of Junior.
2.) The Motorcycle chase
3.) Henry makes the seagulls wreck the Nazi plane
4.) The plane going through the tunnel
5.) The tank fight
6.) Indy's Leap of Faith
7.) Henry calling Indy by his proper name when rescuing him, (that almost made me cry.)
8. All 4 characters ride into the sunset.