Dumbest Movie EVER!

Webley

Oscars do not make a movie good
Hell Halle Berry got an Oscar dose that make her a talented actor?

It'd seem to me she was a talented actor BEFORE she go the Oscar...

If she wasn't, she wouldn't get jobs....

Like it or not, the fame, praise and success of Peter Jackson's Lord Of The Rings speaks for itself... As a music critic once put in, "50 million Elvis Presley fans can't be all wrong."

Webley

ClintonHammond said:
It'd seem to me she was a talented actor BEFORE she go the Oscar...

If she wasn't, she wouldn't get jobs....
No she gets jobs because she is hot if she was covered in third degree burns she would never get an actting job no matter how talented she is.

"50 million Elvis Presley fans can't be all wrong."
But 50 million LOTR fans can.

Hot women are a dime a dozen... so no.. that's got little to do with it....

Whatever kid... I'm not here to be your daddy and teach you smart from dumb...

Jay R. Zay

Webley said:
"50 million Elvis Presley fans can't be all wrong."
But 50 million LOTR fans can.

well, webley, you've mentioned some time ago in a thread about sequels that you disliked LotR. and you've also said that you couldn't explain, why. i think if you don't have explainable reasons, you should be a little bit more careful with your determination. you can like or dislike a movie but this doesn't mean a movie was lower quality. in this thread, i've explained what makes LotR a good movie. and all YOU decided to explain is that you don't like it. this is impressive but, to say it with shakespeare's words, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. i don't see your point in trying to critizise people for not sharing your *opinion*. if you had facts or reasons why this movie is a low quality movie, a stupid movie, a poor movie, ... you could actually argue with it. but right now you are arguing in a very adamant way without having anything practical to come up with except for the fact that you simply didn't like it.

"I all ready know smart from dumb"
Do you? Apparently not... Otherwise you'd know the word is 'already'... So I'll let your actions speak for themselves...

Like and Dislike, as JrZ points out above, has little or nothing to do with Good and Bad...

Magda

It wasn't that LOTR was a dumb movie - some people just have no interest in long, drawn-out fantasy movies, myself included.

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
Hot women are a dime a dozen... so no.. that's got little to do with it....

Whatever kid... I'm not here to be your daddy and teach you smart from dumb...

It is amazing how angry, like a little kid, you get when someone doesn't agree with you,

"better living through Chemistry"

LOTR, sucked, but far from the Dumbest movie ever, I can't even begin to scrape the depths of hell that I have seen when it coems to bad movies!

Abe Vayoda

A recent one on my mind is Click... never a fan Sandler, but he usually elicits a laugh, but I groaned throughout most of this, and as soon as it went into the future I wanted to leave. Napoleon Dynamite is horrid too, and I've had to see it twice now, and it got worse. I actually get nauseous during the opening credits.

And I side with Hammond on Braveheart, but for different reasons. That movie was terrible. Gibson can't direct his way out of a paper bag, his style is sloppy and over the top, he puts more focus on flash and bangs and cheap laughs than actual character and story. This is the same with everything he's ever "directed". Which is a shame, because I generally like him as an actor. He was great in The Singing Detective, though I didn't like the movie.

I believe IndyBuff asked for some guilty pleasures, well I have always enjoyed Superman III. I know it's not well-made, intelligent, or even very good, but I think it's funny. I like to watch Ghostbusters II from time to time as well.

For fun I thought I'd compile a list just off the top of my head;
Batman and Robin
Batman Forever
The Terminal - One of Speilbergs worst... though I guess the beginning of the end started with Lost World.
Twilight Zone: The Movie (I'm watching it now on TV incidentally... still crap)
Tomb Raiders I and II (Tho, there are parts in the first I find entertaining)
The Mummy Returns (I hate that kid)

There's a lot more... but those are the ones I loathe.

Indy's brother

27531.jpg

When this one was on cable recently, Mrs. Indy's Brother watched the whole damn thing. My IQ dropped 50 points just by being in the same house. I have yet to recover.

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
27531.jpg

When this one was on cable recently, Mrs. Indy's Brother watched the whole damn thing. My IQ dropped 50 points just by being in the same house. I have yet to recover.

Oh, my GAMMIT! My kids watched this movie and I did also, and I must say it was a stinking turd. I'll admit that I enjoy iCarly and Drake and Josh, but this crap stunk to high Heaven!