First Brad Renfro... now Heath Ledger... 2008 Sucks

Hawkeye

Turning out to be one crappy year. He won't get to see "Dark Knight" on the big screen. I'm with ya, ResidentAlien. RIP indeed.

metalinvader

Unreal....It sounds like it may be suicide.The NY times claims that pills were found near his body.

A damn shame...

Hawkeye

It was a drug overdose, so it could have been suicide or it could have been accidental. We may never know.

Eric Solo

Heath Ledger was found dead today by his housekeeper. It is an apparent drug related death. Shocking. He will be missed. RIP

Deckard

This is terrible, shocking news. I look very much forward to The Dark Knight and cannot believe this has happened. Very Sad.

RIP Heath

Adamwankenobi

I saw this on the IMDb. What a horrible loss. :( Why do all the good ones have to die? Why couldn't it have been someone like Paris Hilton instead?

Deckard

From IMDB :

Actor Heath Ledger was found dead at a Manhattan apartment Tuesday afternoon in what appeared to be a possible drug-related death; he was 28. The actor was discovered in one of the SoHo apartment's bedrooms at 3:31 p.m., when a masseuse arrived for a scheduled appointment and the residence's housekeeper went to inform the actor of the masseuse's arrival. He was found unconscious and unresponsive; the New York Times stated that the apartment in question belonged to actress Mary-Kate Olsen, who was not present and was believed to be out of state. An initial police report also cited by the New York Times said that foul play was not suspected and that pills had been found near Ledger's body. A native of Australia, Ledger shot to fame as a teen heartthrob in 10 Things I Hate About You before graduating to more adult roles, most notably his Oscar-nominated turn in Brokeback Mountain. Engaged at one time to Brokeback co-star Michelle Williams, the two had a daughter but had split in recent months. Earlier this year, Ledger wrapped filming on the Batman film The Dark Knight, in which he played The Joker; the film is currently set for release this summer. Further details of the actor's death were not available at press time. --IMDb staff

Mary Kate Olsen?

Flannery10

Adamwankenobi said:
I saw this on the IMDb. What a horrible loss. :( Why do all the good ones have to die? Why couldn't it have been someone like Paris Hilton instead?

Heath Ledger was a great actor and seeing The Dark Knight will always be overshadowed by his death for me, but we should never, wish someone to be dead, even if it's someone like Paris Hilton. That was a terrible thing to say, Adam!(n)

Deckard

From Extra.com

Extra" has received the following statement from Alan Horn, President & COO, Warner Bros. and Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group, the studio behind Heath Ledger's upcoming film, "The Dark Knight":

"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."