any indy costumes?

Indy Jones

Well, if I ever get this darned scanner to work, I'll post a pic of me in my Indiana outfit. the costume isn't exact. The ****, pants, shoes, satchel and jacket are incorrect, and the hat is cheaply made, bought at Disneyland, but it's all passable. I do have a whip, but it's the wrong color, and I have no pistol belt or holster. Not even a prop gun. I don't have any special shoes, just my normal ones. My pants are the correct color, but they're cargo design. Extra pockets, you know.

The shirt is the wrong color. A light brown, but it has a collar, and the front part buttons down some from the neck. It tucks in well. The jacket is real leather, but the 2 pockets are elevated to breast level, and there are 2 additional pockets at the side, and there are no "belt-things" on the sides. The satchel is just a medium-sized black pouch thing, but it hangs at the side appropriately. The whip is brown and white. The hat was purposely beat to hell. It's slightly out of shape. That's the extent of the damage. It, at least, is accurate. I don't wear a belt.

I go out every year as Indy on Halloween. Of course, everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) knows who I am. People love the costume, and I get asked for pictures! I've even used the whip a couple of times. Not very effectively, though. This year, I started a new tradition of applying fake blood on various areas on my face and a few battle scars applied. It made the whole situation ever better! I would tell people that earlier some Nazi's came looking for a fight. :)

Heck, people even say that except for my nose, I look like Harrison. Not bad. I've tried to come up with other costumes, but I just can't stay away from the Fedora. Even my gear when it rains is my leather jacket and Fedora. That's right. I wear the hat out in the rain. But it's all very comfortable. I wouldn't at all mind fighting evil in my costume. Especially the jacket. I love that thing.

Venture

Renderking Fisk said:

IJ... ever think about getting an Akubra?

I'm e-mailing Ron Lilburne at hatsdirect.com and telling him to start giving Ren a commission. I mentioned you, good buddy, in my recent confirmation to that fine establishment. You are incorrigible.

Venture

Blame? Never!! I wouldn't have found my beloved Federation so quickly without your help. One of the many perks of being on this august forum. So, like it or not, you have my thanks. Recieve it graciously and shut up.

Venture

Renderking Fisk said:
[Hushing up]

Ever notice that even though it's a fedora much like the one Harrison wore in Raiders... you look more like YOU in your Akubra?

Just flattened and taperd my brim and bashed-and-pinched mine last night. And you're right! I look amazingly similar to...me. But I feel ready for some whip crackin' action! YEAH BABY!

P.S. I think Webley's rubbing off on me. I had to correct my spelling twice in this one post!<small>grumble, grumble!</small>

Webley

Venture said:
P.S. I think Webley's rubbing off on me. I had to correct my spelling twice in this one post!<small>grumble, grumble!</small> [/B]

Sorry Venture I had no idea it was contagious.

{I had help on spelling contagious and idea.}

Venture

Webley said:
Venture said:
P.S. I think Webley's rubbing off on me. I had to correct my spelling twice in this one post!<small>grumble, grumble!</small>

Sorry Venture I had no idea it was contagious.

{I had help on spelling contagious and idea.} [/B]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good show, Webley. And I do trust there are no hard feelings?

Webley

{Trying to stay on toppik} indydude if you want to see my halloween costume go to the "Batman vs Indy" thread and look at the pick of me and my wife Im the guy in the hat.