My only problem with the film

LostArk

He only used it one time in the whole movie to take a GUN away from a Russki. In what way is that slow and "cheezy". It was pretty awesome, imo.

DocWhiskey

What the hell's the point of Harrison doing all the whip training all over again if it was just for that one scene? And even though I seen the shot in behind the scenes footage, the whip looked strangely cgi in the film to me.

BlackSleep

he took the gun from the russkie, tried to swing onto the back of a moving truck (thought it was closer), and used it to try to rescue mac from the vortex. 3 times by my count.

Indy Smith

i thought it looked odd the way he used the whip to steal the ruski's gun, but then again I thought when was the last time I used a whip? I just assumed thats the way you would do it at close range and if you were wanting to do it quickly, which you wouldn't be doing if you had a really big swing at it.

Jenos Idanian

He was holding his other hand in a funny position. Also, the way he yanked it back seemed weird too. When I saw it in that little behind the scenes feature I thought it looked funny and that it would be different in the film. It wasn't.

Grave Robber

I think the count is only two. He didn't technically "use" per say to say Mac, just threw it to him to grab. He didn't whip him.

I thought there was a lack of Indy weaponry. Whip twice, and only took his gun out ONCE to scare the graveyard native. Its like it was put in there to let the audience know that he still has his gun lol.

LostArk

BlackSleep said:
he took the gun from the russkie, tried to swing onto the back of a moving truck (thought it was closer), and used it to try to rescue mac from the vortex. 3 times by my count.

Yes, they seem to have slipped my mind.
:whip:"Damn I thought that was closer"
Great line.

Kernunnos

My only problem with KOTCS is the lack of decent violence.

I know these are meant to be family movies, but Indy should be able to shoot at least a few people over the course of two hours.

LostArk

Kernunnos said:
My only problem with KOTCS is the lack of decent violence.

I know these are meant to be family movies, but Indy should be able to shoot at least a few people over the course of two hours.

I would have liked to see Spalko dying in a gruesome way like the other movies. Without using CGI, of course.:rolleyes:

Kernunnos

Spalko's death was okay, but could have been better.

I don't think they'd get away with Raiders style deaths in a family movie these days, which is a shame.

The Alien should have lifted her up by her arms and ripped them from the sockets. Screaming, Spalko is dropped to the floor, slipping on her own blood. The Alien pulls out her sword and gouges out her eyes. Screaming, Spalko slips on some of her own blood and falls backwards. The Alien proceeds to slice off the top of her skull.
Prodding at her brain, the Alien removes it and takes a bite. Screaming, Spalko slips on her own blood before slipping on her own blood.

Agent Z

Kernunnos said:

Yeah, it's strange...how we are "protecting" the young these days. Give the film some more violence. The kids will survive, trust me.

Even fairy tales are gruesome affairs. A rite of passage I think....

What I found most interesting about KOTCS is how we are shown all this weaponry in the film...but none of it ever seems to be of use. Spalko's rapier ends up being a fencing tool/pointer and the jungle cutter only cuts...well, jungle (and a few vehicles).

There must have been several thousand bullets fired from the commies and they may have well just been throwing rice at the end of the day.

I also found it kinda cute/bizarre that if you look on the Adventure Heroes packaging, you see these cute renditions of the movie characters holding their respective weapons of destruction.

It's all so sanitized to the point of being silly.

Kernunnos

herr gruber said:
The Alien should have lifted her up by her arms and ripped them from the sockets. Screaming, Spalko is dropped to the floor, slipping on her own blood. The Alien pulls out her sword and gouges out her eyes. Screaming, Spalko slips on some of her own blood and falls backwards. The Alien proceeds to slice off the top of her skull.
Prodding at her brain, the Alien removes it and takes a bite. Screaming, Spalko slips on her own blood before slipping on her own blood.

I totally agree.

Dr.Sartorius

Indy used the whip at least three times during the movie.

1. Whipping the Russian soldier's rifle in the warehouse
2. Swinging from the warehouse lamp
3. Indy uses his whip to try and save Mac from the vortex

In Last Crusade (not counting the young Indy prologue)

1. Swinging into his father's room at Castle Brunwald
2. Whips Henry's leg during the tank chase

Horchata

remember, dr jones IS in his 60's and doesnt move as fast as he once did. I agree with whoever said used the whip 3 times. That's what I counted also. However the original films were of course amazing but he was much younger.