Least favourite lines

Canyon

Okay, I am still trying to come up with original ideals for threads so here goes.

I know that there have been threads discussing everyone's least favourite scenes from the trilogy, but from curiousity, what are your least favourite lines?

I can only think of one at the moment which is from Indy himself:

"You knew what you were doing" as said to Marion in Raiders. It's like an almost typical line that men come out with and if I were Marion, I would have replied with:

"It takes two to tango" or something along those lines.

I would be interested in hearing anyone elses thoughts on this.

fatima

:D I think that Marion did answer quite well!! :p
hmmm this is a tough threat...but anyways there must be some more lines to choose, at the moment I'm not remember of any though...:rolleyes: maybe later!

bob

I dont think i have any least favorite lines rather the whole of the Indy and Willie apple/5 minutes scene is painfully bad.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
bob said:
I dont think i have any least favorite lines rather the whole of the Indy and Willie apple/5 minutes scene is painfully bad.

Exactly what I was going to say!

That's all I can think of...oh wait, "Here. Here's not so bad."

fatima

lol! It's so fun to see male point of views about that 5 minutes scene in ToD! :cool: and what about the 'I don't like arrogant men' in LC, is that one as your least favorites too?
please this is just one question none here is trying to argue or get any kind of querrels.

indyfreak

I know there's at least one, somewhere in my head. Oh, wait; I think I've got it.... *is semi-disappointed to see an OUT OF ORDER sign on her brain* ;) erm. Perhaps not. I'll come back to this later. lol.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
fatima said:
lol! It's so fun to see male point of views about that 5 minutes scene in ToD! :cool: and what about the 'I don't like arrogant men' in LC, is that one as your least favorites too?
please this is just one question none here is trying to argue or get any kind of querrels.

Yeah, I suppose so.

Here's my opinion, and it goes back to the adventure serials that Indy is based on. They did not have good romantic dialogue, and Indy fulfills this area of tribute rather nicely.

Remember, go back to the serials and other old films. They explain things.

swords

Supporting the five minutes scene

I enjoy the "5 minute" scene. It's comic, then it turns to thrills when Indy is attacked from behind. Maybe it is a silly scene, I admit, but it provides a good transition to the attack. And Indy's "She's not coming...I can't believe Im not going-AGGHHH!"(being choked). Then the threatening music comes on. I don't know, I like this scene...

Least favorite line: "Where are the pages for this map, we need these pages back."

IndyGirl

I like that five minute love sceene to!! "i can't belive it, she's not coming. I can't belive it, I'm not going" choke! My least favorite line is when he's drinking the antidote and she shes" Oh I hope you choke" to me thats nasty.

Melissa

Indys_favorite

Least favorite line? Nah

Ah, I haven't found a line yet that I just 'do-not-like'. My favorite one though is....(from Raiders)

"where does it NOT hurt!?"
"Here.." <---pointing at elbow
"And here" <---- pointing at forehead
"And here" <------ pointing at eyelid
"Here" <---- and then the lips...
Oh how we envy her!

Canyon

Re: Least favorite line? Nah

Indys_favorite said:
Ah, I haven't found a line yet that I just 'do-not-like'. My favorite one though is....(from Raiders)

"where does it NOT hurt!?"
"Here.." <---pointing at elbow
"And here" <---- pointing at forehead
"And here" <------ pointing at eyelid
"Here" <---- and then the lips...
Oh how we envy her!

Tell me about it!!!

swords

Attila the Professor said:
swords said:
Least favorite line: "Where are the pages for this map, we need these pages back."

Aah! No, that's a great line! The way Donovan says it...well, I'm a Donovan fan, so...

Thats exactly why I dislike that line. Or maybe it's not what he says I dislike, but how he says it. Maybe if he said it in a more menacing voice, more charisma, much like Belloq.

indyfreak

lol. Donovan's a poopey head. All the lines he says I dislike. Erm... lol. Jokin'. But hey, anyone who's against Indy (in a nemisis way, though the same goes for non-fans. hah.) isn't exactly on my "I-love-you-so-much-I'm-sending-you-a-Christmas-card" list!

Pale Horse

Staff member
*bump*

"I'm like a bad penny"

I can't believe that Indy would stoop to cliche quips. He's a college professor for pete's sake.

Adventurer

"... i always turn up."

Somehow, i loved this line. :D *runsaway*

But for me, there´s this one:
"That's usually when the ground falls out from underneath your feet."

It fits the situation, but i always thought it is far too brave for to be said by Indiana Jones. He´s the worlds greatest adventurer! Sort of no danger, no fear attitude
- and then that. Ugh?

ROTLA

Once again, apalehorse and I are on the same page.

"I'm like a bad penny..." is probably my least favorite line. Well, I'm sure I could think of some that Willie spits out but that's just because she's annoying.

Adventurer

Do you meant the "underneath your feet" line, wolfgang? Or the "bad penny" line?

The first is said by Indy in Donovan´s house:

Donovan:"[...]We're only one step away"
Indy:"That's usually when the ground falls out from underneath your feet."
Donovan:"You could be more right than you know."
Indy:"Yes?"
Donovan:"[...]Our project leader has vanished."

I also don´t hate any line.