High resolution screen grab contest, and reward for the winner!

Issard

Is there anyone out there with the ability to do 'big' screen grabs? I need a screen grab from ROTLA, and it has to be really high resolution. I want to print it out, (8"x10" or bigger), and use it for an illustration I have in the works. Did I mention it has to be REALLY high resolution? Anyone? :confused: I could send you an original Temple of Doom soundtrack cd from like '85 for your trouble. Near mint condish.

Issard

pic

Heres a pic, it is the West German printing, if that means anything.
indycd001.jpg

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well the DVD resolution is 720x480, so anything bigger than that would be poorer quality. But I can do it. Which frame?

I've got the HDTV-version of "Raiders" with a resolution of 1920 x 807 pixels (without the widescreen-bars). At printing resolution (300dpi) this still wouldn't be high enough (about 6,4 x 2,6 inches). Yet, you could print them at a little lower resolution (like 150dpi), which would result in an image around 12,8 x 5,2 inches.

But there's still room for upscaling an image like this. Just let me know which frame you need. Here are two examples of the HDTV-version:

Indy 1
Indy 2

I assume it's a TV-recording from an HDTV-station. Where to get it? Well, Usenet is a great source for stuff like this.

But since "Raiders" isn't the newest film, the HDTV-version is (as you can see) not nearly as sharp as modern HDTV-films. Yet, obviously it's enough to make the DVD image (which had the HDTV-transfer as its source, I guess) look stunningly crisp.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Whoa, that's gigantic. I've never seen a file that big. Thanks for the information. :)

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
those HD screen caps are fantastic!!! wow. is it possible I could enlist your help in a little while for reference on an indiana sculpt I'll be starting this week? I'd be able to send you small pics of the screen grabs I might need in this stunning quality.

thanks!
Trev

Trevor G said:
those HD screen caps are fantastic!!! wow. is it possible I could enlist your help in a little while for reference on an indiana sculpt I'll be starting this week? I'd be able to send you small pics of the screen grabs I might need in this stunning quality.

thanks!
Trev

Yeah, do that.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hey Laserschwert, could you grab these ones in the HDTV resolution? :)

picture16bj.jpg

picture29fo.jpg

picture38rs.jpg

picture41ca.jpg

Could you tell me the timecodes of those screens? Makes it easier for me to pick them out ;)

By the way... Indy in full screen? Seriously? You didn't buy this, did you?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Nope, they are from an another forum. All Raiders pics. The DVD times are:

0:03:57
0:05:06-07
0:06:09-10
0:07:17

the Fiddler

I wanna know where that HD version of Raiders came from? Did some station broadcast it in HD? Any indication in the file Laserschwert? Like is it missing anything (edited for time) or show the fade-to-black of going to commercial or anything? I'm really impressed with the quality.

the Fiddler

Nevermind, I found the answer to my question. It was aired through Paramounts HD One service/program (I don't know much about it).

So Laserschwert, any more pointers on how to get ahold of that thing? I haven't done Usnet in years and don't even know where to start. I searched for a torrent of it, and haven't found one yet.

Johan

Has anybody actually won this thing? Is it over? And is this guy still around?
Seems shady to me.

Issard

Has anybody actually won this thing? Is it over? And is this guy still around?
Seems shady to me.

Yes I'm still around and yes its over. No one came up with a decent high quality pic so no one got the cd. There was nothing shady about it, btw. I sold said cd on ebay for a handsome profit, since no one could come up with the goods. :(