San Diego Comic-Con 2006

A quick post to encourage fellow Indy fans to come up and say hi to my wife and I if you are attending Comic Con in San Diego next week.

How will you know us you ask? Easy! We're the ones wearing THROW ME THE IDOL.COM t-shirts.

So please - if you see me - stop me and say hello. It's always great to catch up with Indy fans and forge some new friendships!

-les
www.throwmetheidol.com

IndyBuff

Unfortunately I won't be able to come but it sounds like a lot of fun. Best of luck to you and your wife!:whip:

New Indy 2007 demonstrations at Comic Con

LucasArts is going to show the next-gen Indy game at Comic Con! They are doing a presentation of all of their new products - so drop in and see what all the excitement is about!

And I encourage fellow Indy fans to come up and say hi to my wife and I if you are attending Comic Con in San Diego this week.

How will you know us you ask? Easy! We're the ones wearing THROW ME THE IDOL.COM shirts.

So please - if you see me - stop me and say hello. It's always great to catch up with Indy fans and forge some new friendships!

-les
www.throwmetheidol.com

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Some guys from Club Obi-Wan are going to wear their full gear there, make sure to say hi to them.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Coincidentally, I'll be in San Diego saturday and I plan to attend. I'll point my camera at anything Indy!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up, tomorrow (Friday) is Star Wars day. Lucas folk everywhere.
I won't be there yet, so grill em, Bruno.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I scoured the convention floor Saturday, and saw one Indy costume, one Indy shirt, and only one comic book seller with old Indy issues. The franchise is completely dormant. It's hard to imagine a 2007 and 2008 resurgence, but I know the potential is there.

I had dozens of RAVEN and THROW ME THE IDOL readers come up to me - it was a blast. Thanks to all of you for your kind words of support and encouragement. I ran into a dozen+ Indy garbed folks in the 4 days.

As for merchandise - same old. Kenner figs, LJN figs, MicroMachines and Disney figures. Bought some FABULOUS Indy art from Jason Palmer. Drop by his site for some great pieces!!

-les
www.throwmetheidol.com

Lon

Sounds like you had a great time, Les. We should start an Indy Collector's Club. That way we don't have to go finding needles in a haystack at conventions.

And it really does amaze me that the franchise is so dormant. There could have been some sort of 25th anniversary recognition at the Con.

Well I did my part to get Lucasfilm to notice us Indy fans! I spoke at length to Steve Sansweet about how us Indiana Jones fans are collectors as well - and that we'd like to see new merchandise. He was very attentative and promised to pass it on to the powers that be. And he even wore our shirt all day to show he cared for Indy as well.

sdcc_sansweet.jpg