"Don't Think We Wanna Go That Way"

Benraianajones

The Man said:
But Quantum Of Solace isn't due out until the end of that month! The apocalypse had better not interfere with that...:mad:

Mid October? You do realise my birthday is then, will I be getting a big surprise? Will the history of man-kind end on my birthday?

The_Man, off topic but - has Agent Spalko been banned? I've just noticed he is labeled "guest" and he hasn't posted a few days?

The Man

Benraianajones said:
Mid October? You do realise my birthday is then, will I be getting a big surprise? Will the history of man-kind end on my birthday?

The_Man, off topic but - has Agent Spalko been banned? I've just noticed he is labeled "guest" and he hasn't posted a few days?

I don't know if Spalko's been banned, though I have noticed the absence recently. If he's been labelled guest, then we'd have to fear the worst...

DIrishB

gear guardian said:
Stars and other cosmic bodies are destroyed all the time. Also, according to astronomers, we have only seen 10% of our universe, so do we really know enough to say?

I highly doubt astronomers and scientists have seen even 1% of the universe, let alone 10%. Its really big, you know. ;)

DIrishB

indy34 said:
I think my astronomy teacher said 4%.

Considering scientists still have no idea just how big the universe is, I think any assessments of how much the of the universe we've "seen" is moot. And I guarantee, its WAY less than 4%.

Gear

"Leading scientists and researchers at the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, said the experiment was safe. They dismissed as "pure fiction" doomsday predictions that the experiment could create anti-matter, or black holes."

Interesting quote there. Everything I've seen and read has said that the Collider could create black holes or anti-matter, but of course they made sure to put down the "faky-dangery" worries.

Interesting....

Indy_Chic

The Man said:
But Quantum Of Solace isn't due out until the end of that month! The apocalypse had better not interfere with that...:mad:

I think the release date of Quantum of Solace should be brought forward....just to be safe. ;)

indy34

according to some scientist in 2012 2 thirds of the population will die from disasters because of a pole shift caused by our solar system crossing the galactic plane of our galaxy and thats only worst case scenario and scientists on think it might happen:rolleyes: it's hard to find a proper site that talks about this because there are so many cult sites out there:(
Edit:forgot to add isn't it funny about the date 2012

This is also funny 10 other dates the world failed to end
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2778490/Large-Hadron-Collider-10-other-dates-when-the-world-failed-to-end.html

Goonie

According to X-Files, 2012 is when the aliens attack. Also, it's the end of the Mayan calendar.

Agent Crab

indy34 said:
according to some scientist in 2012 2 thirds of the population will die from disasters because of a pole shift caused by our solar system crossing the galactic plane of our galaxy and thats only worst case scenario and scientists on think it might happen:rolleyes: it's hard to find a proper site that talks about this because there are so many cult sites out there:(
Edit:forgot to add isn't it funny about the date 2012

This is also funny 10 other dates the world failed to end
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2778490/Large-Hadron-Collider-10-other-dates-when-the-world-failed-to-end.html

Haven't we had pole shifts before and we are still alive? I doubt we will all die on 2012.