Mythbusters and Indiana Jones

Indy Black

Great episode, though it makes me think Indy would never have made it through all of his adventures. Ahh the magic of the movies:D
The Awning Of Doom:rolleyes:

Morning Bell

I love it when they do Indy stuff on there. Even though I know that much of it is impossible my overactive imagination always thinks "Well, it COULD happen".;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Gustav said:
Yeah I'm working at a movie theater now. Still going to school, but it's slow going. I think I'm one of the lucky ones though. I saw a commercial today for a car dealership and they're doing some kind of deal where you can buy a car and if you lose your job you can return the car with no further obligation. There was also a job fair today in Orlando and they had so many people show up that they had to start turning them away. Not that many of the employers were hiring anyway. I hear most of them were actually looking for business. It's bad. I'm doing all right though.

At least you've got a decent job and at a likeable workplace. That car deal is pretty awesome I must admit. Things are not that bad down here as of yet, but they are starting to. The Kmart we have down here has started making up all these new rules for Layby and returns and clothes store people are becoming very annoying. There's a lot of small stores with just one or two people working in them. I haven't had a lot of work myself, mosting editing at a small production company doing wedding videos. I do enjoy the work, I just wished there was more of it both to relieve my boredom and yes, my wallet.

Anyway... back on topic.... Has this segment been youtubed, people?

WillKill4Food

Gustav said:
...they were testing the myth that Indiana Jones could cause a motorcycle to flip into the air by shoving a pole into the spokes.
My best friend did it to someone in a bicycle.
He was running for track, and this ******* that we both know was riding down the street in a bike.
A branch was sitting over in the grass, so my friend picked it up and ran over near him beside his bike.
The ******* looked at him and asked him "What the **** are you doin' with that stick?"
Laughing, he shoved it into the spokes and ran off. The bike didn't flip, but it did jerk and twist the branch through the spokes.
It was awesome.

Violet Indy said:
Anyway... back on topic.... Has this segment been youtubed, people?
I couldn't find the whole segment. :(

emtiem

Yeah, I suppose the wheel is actually turning the wrong way to flip the bike forwards; plus of course it's not being driven so there's no reason for the frame of the bike to exert a twisting force on the wheel. If Indy had thrown the pole through the rear wheel, that may have made it do a wheelie, but that's about it.
Fridge, schmidge.

JP Jones

The mythbusters have done a few of myths involving Indiana Jones so far, but they haven't done any dealing with rotla or kotcs. I have a few ideas for myths and here they are.
* Gunpowder magnets
* Whisky fire trail
* High explosive fridge(not a nuke)
* Shot through 3 nazis

Anyone else got ideas?

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Indy & Mythbusters

Does anyone knows how many times the Mythbusters tv show have dealt with Indy's escapades and in which episodes?

Chewbacca Jones

Not sure which episodes, but I know they have done at least the following;

LC motorcycle flip
ToD Raft sky-dive
ToD Club Obi Wan awning escape

Also, they built their own Ark of the Covenant, but that was for a non-Indy myth, as I recall.

HenryJunior

Fantastic video of Adam's Adventurebilt Hat and whip. I believe the hat pre-dates Crystal Skull, so it looks a little different. His story on whip making is really cool, he had David Morgan on the phone giving him advice on whip-making back in the early 90's.

Hiluxtaco

Adam Savage is a huge Indiana Jones fan.

As far as his own shop, according to Adam, it's a former auto body shop that he is renting to store some of his collection of movie props, memorabilia, tools, and other stuff. It is just a short distance from his home in the Mission District.

Oh, and there are a ton of videos of Adam's shop on Tested.com, and on their page on Youtube. Including videos showing off more of his collection at his home.. ;)

Hiluxtaco

In case you haven't seen it, here is a video where Adam, Will, and Norm at M5 Industries talking about Raiders of the Lost Ark..

InexorableTash

MYTHBUSTERS.jpg

Apparently, then the show returns in 2015 they're doing the whip swing from Raiders. Clip at the bottom of the page.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/19/mythbusters-interview/

Mythbusters Indy special

Hi all, did a search but couldnt find anything on the forum about this. It was aired earlier this month on discovery uk and is still available on demand.

Some good myths about Indy tested and some good results for Indy and us fans.
Also Adam Savage is a huge fan of Indy and makes a kangaroo whip during the show.

Rob

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Adam Savage 2019:
"My Toyota Landcruiser got broken into last night. Most of what I lost was only stuff. All replaceable. Except for one thing: I'd forgotten i had the whip from my Mythbusters Indiana Jones episode in there. it was a beautiful piece. If you see it reach out?" It probably wasn't the best time to lose a whip in the Bay Area, with the San Francisco Folsom Street Fair occurring Sunday.