Cate Blanchett

Dana Scully

6z4syh.gif

The Cate Blanchett Appreciation Thread

I hope it's okay to post this here in the general Indy board, my reasoning being that Cate is, of course, part of the Indy universe as she played the villainess Irina Spalko in KOTCS. I've also seen other Indy actor appreciation/drool threads posted here, but I'll accept my slap on the wrist if I should have posted elsewhere. ;)

I decided to start a Cate appreciation thread so as not to go off topic in the ongoing Spalko discussion, and well, because I think Cate is a truly phenomenal actress and deserves an appreciation thread. (y)

If there are other Cate fans here (I know that XanaduEli is definitely one), casual or otherwise, what are your favourite movies that she has featured in? And/or your favourite of her performances?

My favourite Cate movies would be the LOTR trilogy, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (that movie has most beautiful musical score ever), Elizabeth, Notes on a Scandal, The Gift, Hanna and Blue Jasmine. I personally think her finest performances are:

- Elizabeth and the sequel Elizabeth: The Golden Age - her "I, too can command the wind, sir!" speech in the latter always gets a massive fist-pump out of me
- Blue Jasmine - seriously incredible work, it's no wonder she won practically every single acting award in existence for this movie
- The Aviator - I found the movie vaguely boring and way too long but Cate's performance as Kate Hepburn was masterful and definitely the high point, she sounded so much like her it was a little spooky
- I'm Not There. - come on, there aren't many actresses out there that could not only pull off playing Bob Dylan but also do a top notch job of it, she's such a chameleon that it's crazy
- Bandits (as in the gif below) - probably not the usual choice but I just love Cate's performance in this movie, it's pretty much the only role in her career that's overtly comedic and she knocks it out of the park and steals every scene she's in ("You?re insane!" "I'm unhappy! It?s not the same thing!" :D)

v79ll1.jpg

Even though I've started this thread with (semi) serious discussion, I imagine it will rapidly devolve into me just posting pictures and drooling because as much as I think she has talent for days, on a more shallow note I also think she's stunningly beautiful and I have a tendency to save pictures of her that I find particularly striking. So in that spirit, here are some of my favourites! :D

And of course, let's not forget the sinister (and sexy) Colonel-Doctor Spalko!
2m7aq6c.gif

In summary: Cate Blanchett is both really talented and really hot. I appreciate her, thus this thread is now a thing that exists.

zmfn04.gif

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Voyage of Time: Life's Journey.
Like Koyaanisqatsi but not depressing.
New Terrence Malick film narrate by Cate.
The last thing to go through Spalko's mind?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QxCPWuCV834" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>