Using quotes from the trilogy in real life

Pale Horse

Staff member
On Parenting...or whatever

"Did I ever tell you to eat up? Go to bed? Wash your ears? Do your homework? No. I respected your privacy and I taught you self-reliance. "

Pale Horse said:
"Did I ever tell you to eat up? Go to bed? Wash your ears? Do your homework? No. I respected your privacy and I taught you self-reliance. "
Can't use it, because I say these things. You will too.

The self reliance part is another matter, especially when Mommy won't untie the apron strings.

Freaked out my kids the other day when I said this to a German couple.

...der Herr in der Bar moechte mit Ihnen sprechen. Kommen Sie bitte mit uns.

Actually tried it on Doom Town when we first met...

Col. Detritch

Taking something from a friend and saying "adios, señor."

"hahahahaaaa-sono'va *****."

"Entrusted it to Joseph of Arimathea."-- Yeah, don't ask why but I've always loved how that lines was delivered. So velvety.

:hat:

Gear

I'm sure just about every guy here has responded "I can only say I'm sorry so many times" once or twice.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

I go through phases with quotes. For a while, i was stuck on "You see Captain Blumberg, a rock." I'd pop off with it any time someone would say the word "rock" in any context. Kind of like the "Secret Word" from Pee Wee's Playhouse for those of you old enough to remember that. ;)

I've reenly tired of that, and have been using Colonel Dietrich's "And if we refuse?" Whenever I'm asked to do something. Two things on these two quotes. I only do them while impersonating the characters' voices, and while it's mostly for my 5-year old's benefit, I do roll them out on complete strangers for my own amusement. Because I'm a dick like that. :D

justin

Webley said:
When my wife asks me if I can go mow the lawn or wash up some dishes all say...
"Maybe but not to day.":whip:

The next time some one stops you for directions tell them...
"Sajnu will guide you.":p

So do you guys use quotes from the Indy movies in real life?
yes i am in real webiey:D

Montana Smith

jbonvillain said:
yes i am in real webiey:D

Ever thought about pulling the trigger?

images

1SWINDYfan

Cool thread...
I would say that the lines I use in REAL life are:

"Sit down before you fall down";)

and

"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go":hat:

:whip:

Dr. Gonzo

when joking around with friends about work this gem often comes up...

"Yes, that's just what the Hebrews thought."

Goodeknight

This morning I was able to walk out on my balcony at the Ramses Hilton, look over the Nile, and say, "Cairo, city of the living...a paradise on earth."

No time to write about it now, though. I have one day off from work to do everything I want to do. First the Egyptian Museum across he street, then to the Pyramids.

Adventure awaits...