Your Best and Worst ET level

San Holo

What was your favorite level in the Emperor's Tomb? And Which one did you hate. I loved the castle courtyard level where you fight 30 Nazi g-men & hated that damn giant octopus.

Finn

Staff member
I really liked the second Ceylon level, when I still had the feeling that this better-than-average Indy game. As far as the worst one goes, have to take from the other end, the first Netherworld level with the rolling pillars an' all, I just somehow disliked the overall mood.

Also, I think that as far as least favorite goes, I think "Von Beck's Revenge" is going to get a lot of nominations...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I didn't like the Peng Lai levels and the Netherworld ones, Prague was awesome.

TombReader

Finn said:
Also, I think that as far as least favorite goes, I think "Von Beck's Revenge" is going to get a lot of nominations...

Strangely enough,I actually liked that level(after I got through it,that is).I'm normally not that great at video games,so I felt like a pro when I got through that. :)

I didn't really like the Netherworld levels all that much,either.I just expected more,I guess.

Tennessee R

Favorite was Istanbul, 1 & 2, Prague levels until the four doors. Hong Kong until the cab levels. Also, I found every one of Peng Lai Lagoon very fun on the hard setting.

But, the Istanbul water levels and Netherworld levels are my least favorite.

Of course, I play all levels on hard difficulty, usually never touching a medpack, and the aforementioned levels, especially the water levels are long, so there is much more chance of a mishap, resulting in a restart.

HATED the giant squid boss fight... Wasn't "Indy" at all... Now, even in my replays, I skip it...

Fave level? I donno.... Any level where I can toss Nazi bastards off of high castle balconies I guess.... Very Indy!

:)

IndyBuff

It's hard to pick a favorite level but anything from Prague would probably get my vote. That was my favorite part of the game along with the Ceylon, Istanbul, and Peng Lai levels.

As for least favorite, I'll go with the first Netherworld level. When I first got the game that level drove me crazy, although now I can usually beat it on my first try. I also liked Von Beck's Revenge quite a bit simply because you made you feel good once you beat it. Overall, I enjoyed the entire game.:whip:

IAdventurer01

Prague was definately the best in my book.

Worst? The first time thorugh I would say Von Beck's revenge... but once you get it once, it's pretty easy. Anything in the water was bad, so I guess the Istanbul water levels were the worst.

Canyon

Hmm, interesting question.

I like the majority of the levels and have many favourte parts as follows:

Ceylon
lv1-1.jpg

Prague
lv2-3.jpg

Istanbul
lv3-3.jpg

Hong Kong
lv4-3.jpg

Peng Lai Mountain
lv6-25.jpg

Black Dragon Fortress
lv7-39.jpg

Temple of Kong Tien
lv8-37.jpg

However, my least favourite level would have to be Von Beck's Revenge! :mad:

IndyBuff

I'd forgotten about the underwater levels. I liked the first part of Istanbul but I wasn't very good at the water levels. They were still fun but I found them frustrating when I first started playing.

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
Fave level? I donno.... Any level where I can toss Nazi bastards off of high castle balconies I guess.... Very Indy!

:)
That's what I'm talkin' about. Love to hear their screams become fainter as they fall:D

Finn

Staff member
Indy said:
I'd forgotten about the underwater levels. I liked the first part of Istanbul but I wasn't very good at the water levels.
The couple first water levels were pretty fun to play actually, since you were able to toss people off the ledges into the depths below. It's still odd that Nazis had all kinds of underwater equipment at hand, but no one except Indy seemed to know how to swim.

IndyBuff

Finn said:
The couple first water levels were pretty fun to play actually, since you were able to toss people off the ledges into the depths below. It's still odd that Nazis had all kinds of underwater equipment at hand, but no one except Indy seemed to know how to swim.

I liked the first few water levels. In fact, the only one that really bothered me was the one where you had to find the four sea coins. That level took me about an hour the first time through and those dumb sharks chased me everywhere I went. The level is pretty easy for me now but at first I found it to be fairly difficult. Plus, the map you're given wasn't too helpful in some areas.

westford

Von Beck's Revenge and the Kraken were my least favourite (probably cos I kept getting killed, haha!).

Liked Ceylon and Prague the best.

Tennessee R

The sharks can actually easily be killed, with a little skill.
Head towards them at full speed, machette or turkish knife in hand, and the second you see them turn for you, dive to the bottom, and turn in wide circles, never quit swimming.
In just a matter of seconds, they will stop chasing you, at which time, you swim almost past them, get under them, and start hacking with the right mouse button. You have to keep it up for quite a while, but when you succede, they will start to belly up, and you know you can head for air.

For those having trouble with Von Beck's Revenge, you do realize it's just a really simple version of "Dance Dance Revolution" eh? There is really only ONE sequence that will get you through.... It's learning that sequence and the rhythm involved that makes or breaks you... The chasms are always the same, and the jumps/whips to cross 'em are always in the exact same order....

I actually found that playing with the music on made it a LOT easier, because IIRC the music is always the same too... makes the timing very easy (If you're musically inclined at all in the first place that is)

Johan

I HATE the level with all the guys with flame throwers. Is there a better way to beat this level as to avoid these guys?