Israel

indyt

Hey gang. As usual I post when I am going on another missions trip. This time I will be in Israel in March. Not really missions oriented this time. More of a spiritual adventure/journey. Cant wait!!! Keep me in your prayers.

indyt

The_Raiders said:
Are you like a Christian missionary, if so great! Sounds neat. I'll pray for you. (y)

Thank you very much. I actually am a youth pastor. I do as much missions work as possible.

indyt

Hey guys. Will be leaving for Israel this weekend!! While there we are going to get to visit a few archaeological sites and also the furniture being made for the third Temple. Let you guys know how things went when I get back.

adventure_al

indyt said:
Thank you very much. I actually am a youth pastor. I do as much missions work as possible.

my mum was in rwanda and south africa last year. i was looking at going to israel this year too.

indyt

adventure_al said:
my mum was in rwanda and south africa last year. i was looking at going to israel this year too.

Cool. Was that for missions or vacation, etc?

indyt

adventure_al said:
missions. my dad has just finished bible college aswell. think he wants to do a bit of youth work actually.

Sounds awesome. I will pray for her future travels.

The_Raiders

Have you heard of Jerry Prevo? That's the paster of the church I go to. He's the coolest paster I've ever heard. His church services are on TV. Oh, his church is called Ancharage Baptist Temple. It's huge

indyt

The_Raiders said:
Have you heard of Jerry Prevo? That's the paster of the church I go to. He's the coolest paster I've ever heard. His church services are on TV. Oh, his church is called Ancharage Baptist Temple. It's huge

I have not heard of that church or pastor. But I will certainly look into it.

The_Raiders

Yeah, lot's of people have. He's the kind of pastor where either you like himor you don't. Alot of people do not because he stays so firm in God's word people don't like it when he points out sinful things their doing (not any people specific just speaking on the subject of what it may be that their doing.) He's even had death threats made on him for his love of God. But he's really cool. :cool:

indyt

Got back from Israel last week. Traveled most of the county from Galilee to the Dead Sea. Awesome time.

indyt

Gary2880 said:
Hmmmmmmmm

:rolleyes:

Visit any of Palestine/West Bank on your trip?

Fingers crossed it never makes it to its new home! :)

Yes we visited Bethlehem which is in Palestine (West Bank), met some Arab Christians. Went to the Katzrin, which is in the Golan Heights. Went to several other places as well. The Temple Mount was my favorite.

The Temple Treasures were awesome. the Menorah is huge!

ReggieSnake

Wow, that's pretty neat. I'm supposing the temple treasures are kept in Jerusalem? Any very old artifacts from before the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.?

indyt

ReggieSnake said:
Wow, that's pretty neat. I'm supposing the temple treasures are kept in Jerusalem? Any very old artifacts from before the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.?

Yes, the treasures are in Jerusalem at the Temple Institute. As far as artifacts, they were everywhere. We visited many of the cities(ruins) in scripture and some that are not, Capernaum, Nazareth, Bethlehem, Karizem, Qumran, Ariel, etc.

ReggieSnake

indyt said:
Yes, the treasures are in Jerusalem at the Temple Institute. As far as artifacts, they were everywhere. We visited many of the cities(ruins) in scripture and some that are not, Capernaum, Nazareth, Bethlehem, Karizem, Qumran, Ariel, etc.
Sounds like it was a very neat experience. I hope I make it there someday...