TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #126
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurestuff
For what it's worth, I have several original MK VIIs and several of the Magnoli reproduction bags. The repro comes out a different color (more khaki than green) but is an excellent reproduction and well worth the shipping from New Zealand. I find Magnoli's bags (as with all of his items) to be great quality and just as tough and good looking as the original. Something I cannot say for some of the other repros I've gotten.

Bag strap solution:

I have recently begun producing bag straps and whip holders myself. Here is a comparison of my strap and Todd's Costume:
Strap comparison

Photos of the whip holders and belts coming soon. (sold all my inventory already, new shipment arrives next week)

You can see more of my strap here:

My Indy Strap Page

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks,

Wade Egan
adventureleather@mac.com

How many topics are you gonna spam up with that piece of ****?

Read the forum rules; soliciting is against them.
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #127
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Anyone know where I can get a really good shirt just like in the films? Pleated and all but as cheap as you can get.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #128
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

I guess that depends on how cheap you mean. Todd's Costumes has a very Raiders style screen accurate shirt for $49.99. That's about as cheap as I've seen for true accuracy.

Cabela's has a very good close enough for around $25, but it does not have pleats all the way down the shirt, only on the pockets.

The other accurate options I've seen are more money than the Todd's shirt, and if you're not worried about exact screen accuracy you can get pretty close on Ebay for $10 to $20. I paid $14 for a Banana Republic safari style shirt which is close enough to get the job done for me.
TheIndyOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #129
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisindy
I guess that depends on how cheap you mean. Todd's Costumes has a very Raiders style screen accurate shirt for $49.99. That's about as cheap as I've seen for true accuracy.

Cabela's has a very good close enough for around $25, but it does not have pleats all the way down the shirt, only on the pockets.

The other accurate options I've seen are more money than the Todd's shirt, and if you're not worried about exact screen accuracy you can get pretty close on Ebay for $10 to $20. I paid $14 for a Banana Republic safari style shirt which is close enough to get the job done for me.

Thanks. I really don't want to spend over $40, I have a big trip planned after school which is another reason I'm getting all my gear now, I will only have $2000 and I need to afford a hotel room for afew days or weeks even, so my budget is pretty limited.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 AM   #130
indy34
IndyFan

Todd has re-done his Indy section I like what his done with it
but you can still see the items separately which is good if you need to see sizing
http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/indiana_jones.htm
indy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #131
Sarednab
IndyFan

you can check for my grail diary and other Indy's prop in my website

www.sarednabworldprops.com

For any questions, please contact me
Sarednab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #132
Indy Croft
IndyFan

how much those a nice whip cost? I saw ome that cost about 500$ and if you get it with the holster, where do you carry it around? And how to you teach yourself how to use the whip? These are questions I really want to ask before i get one for myself
Indy Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #133
indy34
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Croft
how much those a nice whip cost? I saw ome that cost about 500$ and if you get it with the holster, where do you carry it around? And how to you teach yourself how to use the whip? These are questions I really want to ask before i get one for myself
you can get a wrinch whip all up including postage about $150 it's a fairly nice whip I bought one a few months ago its ok but I would really prefer a 12 plait http://www.winrichwhips.com/
but he's not taking orders at the moment
holsters you get from ebay or Todd's costumes http://www.toddscostumes.com/index.html
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by were do you carry it around
I'm still bad at using my whip but I'm slowly getting better I taught my self by watching other people on youtube crack it and also in the Indiana Jones hand book it tells you how to do a few cracks
NOTE: Wear long pants, jacket and goggles or other eye protecty things
if you don't it hurts trust me and the goggles stop you from loosing an eye...seriosly DO IT!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #134
Indy Croft
IndyFan

well for now, I gotta concetrate on my school grades, collect pocket money to but Indy and emperor's tomb, and finaly, spend a hell lot of time on buying the whip
I much does it hurt when you crack it?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #135
indy34
IndyFan

It doesn't hurt when you crack it but it does when you crack it on your self I only had my wested Indy shirt when I cracked it on my back I don't know how I managed it but I did it some how. I'm not really sure how you would describe it I guess it's sort of like taking a burning hot piece of metal and quickly running it up your back After you crack it on your self you'll have a red raised line where ever you cracked it...thats if you were wearing at least some kind of clothing that covered the area
And also buy the emperors tomb from ebay you can get it for $10 to $20

Last edited by indy34 : 09-13-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #136
Indy Croft
IndyFan

sadly i ain't got no ebay account I got amazon and i need my dad's credit card again if i want to buy sth on ebay.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #137
alancastillo1
IndyFan

My apologies, this message should have been posted in this thread since it relates to purchasing props, not in a separate thread as I did moments ago. Anyway, here it is ........ again ... sorry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Just wished to share with you the Holy Grails I have been making. Next to each one is a screen-shot based upon which each one is inspired.

They are made of Terracotta clay.

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1/V1_14Sep

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1/V1_04Sep

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1/V3_04Sep

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1/V4_04Sep

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1/V5_04Sep

Hope you like them

If you wish to purchase any, just drop me a line at alancastillo1@yahoo.com

I also sell these on eBay here (for this my second run)

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmov...fso oZ2QQrdZ0

and here

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

Cheers,

Alan
alancastillo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #138
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Is there any really good screen accurate jackets I can get less then a wested, I'd say over $200 is over my budget.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 PM   #139
indy34
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raiders
Is there any really good screen accurate jackets I can get less then a wested, I'd say over $200 is over my budget.
Todd's has a very nice jacket for $150 http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/ja...yle_jacket.htm
Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #140
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

You aren't going to get a better made or more screen accurate jacket for under $200 than Todd's, in my opinion. At least not new.

You could get an account at Club Obi Wan and watch the marketplace listings for someone selling a used Wested or G&B.
TheIndyOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:47 AM   #141
The_Raiders
IndyFan

I'll probably go with todds jacket, it looks good and its in my price range.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #142
eazybox
IndyFan

Todd's jackets are probably the most accurate Raiders replicas available anywhere at this time; they were developed from the exact measurements of a screen-used stunt jacket. At $150, his Standard is also a great value and holds up very well with regular use. If it is screen accuracy at an affordable price that you want, you won't find a better example anywhere.

Those who have always dreamed of owning the Ultimate Raiders Jacket, and also have deep pockets, are about to see their dreams come true courtesy of Tony Nowak...

Jack
eazybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:55 AM   #143
The_Raiders
IndyFan

I was going to get a wested but after I spent $127 on my christy adventuerer (yet to arrive) I didn' want to spend over $200 on a jacket so I'm sure I'll be pleased with todds jacket, that within the price range I want.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #144
indy34
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazybox
Todd's jackets are probably the most accurate Raiders replicas available anywhere at this time; they were developed from the exact measurements of a screen-used stunt jacket.

Jack
He did the same with the shirt to
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #145
The_Raiders
IndyFan

I ordered the todds jacket last night, I live in texas so about how long should it be before it arrives?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #146
eazybox
IndyFan

Quote:
I ordered the todds jacket last night, I live in texas so about how long should it be before it arrives?

I got mine about a year ago, but if I recall correctly, I received it in PA in about a week.

Jack
Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #147
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazybox
I got mine about a year ago, but if I recall correctly, I received it in PA in about a week.

Jack

Alright, so about a week for the jacket, and a week or so for my christys adventurer which I ordered about two or three days ago?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #148
eazybox
IndyFan

Quote:
Alright, so about a week for the jacket, and a week or so for my christys adventurer which I ordered about two or three days ago?

I would give both items at least 2 weeks and maybe even a little longer before you start to get concerned.

Delivery times depend on a lot of variables including whether or not the item is actually in stock when you order. Todd frequently runs out of one size or another, so if you need the hat and jacket right away, I would inquire about it to make sure of when they will be sent to you. Hornets hats usually ships within 2 days of your order.

I think Todd can also provide you with tracking information so that you can find out where your jacket is at any given time.

Jack
Old 09-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #149
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Ok, thanks for the information I'm going to look into that.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 AM   #150
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

What do you guys think of this jacket? Its not even leather but I really like the look of it

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...s-mk2-71-p.asp

What do you guys think its about the only jacket that is in my price range.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote