• Warehouse Chase - KOTCS

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Street Chase - KOTCS

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Jungle Chase - KOTCS

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters

Travis85

Feel free to rank them 1 - 7 if you wish :)

Here's my list:
1. Truck Chase
2. Tank Chase
3. Warehouse Chase
4. Jungle Chase
5. Motorcycle Chase
6. Mine Cart Chase
7. Street Chase

caats

1. Truck
2. Tank
3. Motorcycle(KOTCS)
4. Motorcycle(LC)
5. Warehouse
6. Jungle
7. Mine Cart

this is hard. i enjoy them all almost equal.

Darth Vile

I think it's difficult to rank these options as it would be like comparing apples with oranges... For example, I think the tank chase/fight (TLC) is the best Indiana Jones set piece... but I don't see it as a chase scene in the same way as I see the motorcycle scenes (TLC and KOTCS).

Hope that makes sense...

So for set pieces/action:-

1) The Tank (TLC)
2) The Bridge (TOD)/The Truck (ROTLA)
3) The Jungle Chase (KOTCS)

For other type chase scenes:-

1) Motorcycle (TLC)/The Warehouse (KOTCS)
2) Boats (TLC)
3) Motorcycle (KOTCS)

Sankara

Here's my list:

1. Truck Chase
2. Mine car chase
3. Tank Chase
4. Basket Chase (Raiders)
5. Motorcycle Chase
6. Plane Chase (Crusade)
7. Boat Chase (Crusade)
8. Train (Crusade)
9. Shanghai Nights chase

Ajax the Great

1. Raiders Truck Chase
2. LC Tank Chase
3. KotCS Warehouse Chase
4. ToD Mine Cart Chase
5. LC Motorcycle Chase
6. KotCS Street Chase
7. KotCS Jungle Chase

Agent Z

Cool poll! (y)

From the options given, along with a few comments, here is how I would rank them:

1. Warehouse Chase - KOTCS: The pacing and kinetic energy is pretty spot-on. Only Indiana Jones can do the whip to the warehouse light swing move, fail at it, and still look cool all the same. The up and down vertical action of the chase is very well thought-out and the honeymoon only ends when we get the awkward shot of the prairie dogs watching the rocket sled race by.

2. Jungle Chase - KOTCS: Yes, even with those damn monkeys. The chase throws everything at us...probably too much at times, but it's so inventive and fun in its approach. Highlights include a giant spinning jungle cutter blade and Spalko somehow managing to turn what should have been her obituary notice back into a machine gun assault on Marion's duck.

3. Mine Cart Chase - TOD: Pure funhouse! While I know about the use of miniatures in this sequence, the effect is mostly seamless and I can still have fun with the rollercoaster-like thrills.

4. Truck Chase - ROTLA: Somewhat dated, I'll admit. It is, for the most part, a standard stock vehicle chase...brushing vehicles and bad guys off the road. Granted, there is the cool stunt of Indy underneath the truck, but that is sobered up by the glaring errors of the trench, truck seat, stunt padding, and mismatched vehicle speeds between shots. A fun sequence, especially with Indy on the horse starting out, but one that has not aged well.

5. Street Chase - KOTCS

6. Tank Chase - LC

7. Motorcycle Chase - LC

QBComics

Chase scenes huh?

1. Raiders Truck chase: One of the best action pieces of the entire quadrilogy. Everything is perfect! (y)

2. Warehouse chase: The bset and my personal favorite scene in the entire movie. Great!

3. Tank chase: Again, one of the best in the Quadrilogy.

4. Mine Cart chase: Up and down, up and down, up an-- *barfs*

5. Jungle Chase

6. Motorcycle Chase (KOTCS)

7. Motorcycle Chase (LC)

michael

1.) Truck Chase
2.) Mine Cart Chase
3.) Tank Chase
4.) Motorcycle Chase
5.) Warehouse Chase
6.) Jungle Chase
7.) Street Chase

emtiem

Gosh, I'd have to go:

Truck- just a brilliant action scene; one of the best of all time. Proper tension and suspense together with brilliant stunts and laughs.

Tank- builds up wonderfully, mixes the different people involved's little stories well, is funny and full of ideas. We'll ignore the bag strap bit! :)

Warehouse- it's just really exciting, full of excellent stunts and a brilliant way to kick it all off again. I thought they were running out of ideas when they said they'd have it set there, but it's a great touch.

The Temple Street chase and Crusade Motorbike chase are the two least impressive, I'd say. Still some fun ideas in them, but not really up to the big ones- and they weren't intended to be.

The Golden Idol

Agent Z said:
4. Truck Chase - ROTLA: Somewhat dated, I'll admit. It is, for the most part, a standard stock vehicle chase...brushing vehicles and bad guys off the road. Granted, there is the cool stunt of Indy underneath the truck, but that is sobered up by the glaring errors of the trench, truck seat, stunt padding, and mismatched vehicle speeds between shots. A fun sequence, especially with Indy on the horse starting out, but one that has not aged well.

Oh, come on! Are you kidding me?!

No Ticket

The Golden Idol said:
Oh, come on! Are you kidding me?!

Yeah. I picked that one simply because not only does Indy jump off a horse and get thrown out of a moving vehicle to be drug underneath it... but he gets shot AND he comes back in and beats the living SH*T out of the Nazi driving and then throws HIM out the window and steps on the gas.

If anything says "F*** you!!!" it's when he is shoving the Nazi's head into the dash and then back into the wall and back into the dash and back into the walll and I'm just like WHoA! Indy is pizzed!

And you know he already was BEFORE all that happened....

"WHAT truck!?!"

The Golden Idol

No Ticket said:
Yeah. I picked that one simply because not only does Indy jump off a horse and get thrown out of a moving vehicle to be drug underneath it... but he gets shot AND he comes back in and beats the living SH*T out of the Nazi driving and then throws HIM out the window and steps on the gas.

If anything says "F*** you!!!" it's when he is shoving the Nazi's head into the dash and then back into the wall and back into the dash and back into the walll and I'm just like WHoA! Indy is pizzed!

And you know he already was BEFORE all that happened....

"WHAT truck!?!"

No, I love the Truck Chase, but Agent Z said that it looks dated and boring. Bull****!!!

TheLastCrusader

You forgot a few chases.

1. Desert Chase (Raiders)
  2. Mine Cart Chase (Temple)
  3. Tank Chase (Crusade)
  4. New Haven Street Chase (Kingdom)
  5. Motorcycle Chase (Crusade)
  6. Shanghai Car Chase (Temple)
  7. Jungle Chase (Kingdom)
  8. Venice Boat Chase (Crusade)
  9. Warehouse Chase (Kingdom)

TheMutt92

1.) Truck Chase (ROTLA)
2.) Area 51 Escape (KOTCS)
3.) Tank Chase (LC)
4.) Jungle Chase (KOTCS)
5.)Motorcycle Chase (KOTCS)
6.) Mine Cart Chase (TOD)
7.) Venice Boat Chase (LC)
8.) Shanghai Car Chase (TOD)
9.) Motorcycle Chase (LC)

Travis85

You're right, I did forget the boat chase! I can't believe I forgot that one :p. I wouldn't include the Shanghai chase, because it really isn't much of an actual 'chase'.

Agent Z

The Golden Idol said:
No, I love the Truck Chase, but Agent Z said that it looks dated and boring. Bull****!!!

Nowhere did I say it looks "boring".

Agent Z said:
A fun sequence, especially with Indy on the horse starting out, but one that has not aged well.

It also finished in 4th place, about in the middle of the pack of a poll about Indy chase scenes. I don't see what's "boring" about that.

Last edited:

Ajax the Great

I'm going to have to disagree with Agent Z - the Truck Chase is absolutely golden. It's the perfect example of badass Indy, he takes over the truck, knocks Nazis over cliffs, gets shot, punched in his wound, thrown through a windshield, dragged under/behind a truck - then comes back and gives the Nazi a taste of his own medicine. He's like John McClane - no amount of pain makes him stop!

TheLastCrusader

Travis85 said:
You're right, I did forget the boat chase! I can't believe I forgot that one :p. I wouldn't include the Shanghai chase, because it really isn't much of an actual 'chase'.
To me it is one.. It was a perfect homage to the gangster movies of the '30s, given that there was :gun: going on during the chase!
I think it's even more of a chase than the warehouse one in KotCS, which I bet is even shorter.