Most Iconic Indy Scene

Temple Raider

Forgive me if a similar topic exists, I searched and found nothing. If such a thread exists feel free to merge.

Of the four movies, which do you think is the most iconic and recognizable scene of the entire series? I'm not saying which is your favorite, but which you think is the image that most defines Indy.

I think it's got to be the entire opening of ROTLA. It just seems like it tells you who Indy is, what he does and what he typically encounters on his quests, and it gets the excitement racing from the moment Indy breaks into the temple and then has to outrun the boulder. When I think of Indy this scene (and in TOD when he punches the thuggee guard before freeing the slave children) is what comes to mind when I think of a definitive, iconic Indy image.

Udvarnoky

Sorry to see that this thread didn't get any love, so I will contribute. The most iconic Indy image as far as I'm concerned is this one:

364.jpg

And though I'm hardly one of the movie's biggest defenders, that image of Indiana Jones and the Mushroom Cloud from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull feels iconic to me. It's a great takeaway image for Indy in the atomic age, and Drew Struzan's rejected art depicting it is insanely awesome.

Stoo

Temple Raider said:
Forgive me if a similar topic exists, I searched and found nothing. If such a thread exists feel free to merge.
There are threads about "favourite" scenes but this isn't the same thing.
Temple Raider said:
I think it's got to be the entire opening of ROTLA.
Technically, the entire opening is a sequence rather than a scene but, in my opinion, the most iconic scene is within that sequence. That is; Indy at the idol's pedestal. This part seems to be the most commonly used clip in various documentaries and the most parodied. It's as instantly recognizable as something like King Kong on top of the Empire State building.

Either this or Indy running from the boulder. Both are equally iconic.(y)

044.jpg

jsarino

Stoo said:
Technically, the entire opening is a sequence rather than a scene but, in my opinion, the most iconic scene is within that sequence. That is; Indy at the idol's pedestal. This part seems to be the most commonly used clip in various documentaries and the most parodied. It's as instantly recognizable as something like King Kong on top of the Empire State building.

I agree...it's easily the most recognizable scene from that movie, the boulder soon after is the second, IMO.

What about The Last Crusade? Indy riding on a horse chasing after the tank? Would it be Indy on top of the tank and his fedora flying off? Or, Indy, Henry Jones, Marcus Brody, and Sallah riding off into the sunset?

342.jpg

400.jpg

Goodeknight

indiana-jones-boulder.jpg

I've got to go with the boulder. Immediate gut reaction. At the idol pedestal would be my second choice. A dozen or more other memorable moments that are iconic, but the boulder is the clear winner, at least to me.