Chase sequence for Indy 5

JP Jones

Seeing the main chase scenes from the last 4 movies(Truck,Mine cart, Tank, Jungle), what would be an awesome main chase for Indy 5. I think a chase through a logging area would be really fun.I'm Just imagining a jungle cutter type thing that chops up jeeps, or a bunch of logs tumbling down a mountain and Indy has to avoid them. so many possibilities I'm love to hear your thought's.:gun:

lao che & sons

how about a chase on the water, like in last crusade but now in a river with alligators and what not like in the jungles. I touwld be rellay fun I think.

G-Man

I have to say the idea for a logging area chase came to me too. I like the idea, it has a lot of potential.

I thought along the lines of somewhere in Norway/Sweden searching for a Norse object.

The Drifter

I would like to see a scene with Indiana Jones in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. A chase that involves a caravan of vehicles through the crowded streets full of people, floats, streamers, etc.
I would like to see Indy on horseback again, reining the horse through the throng of party-goers. The villian he is chasing screeches to a hault on Bourbon Street, and Indy chases him into a smokey blues bar and beats the hell outta him in the bar as the band places a saucy little number.

pellman

How about through an asteroid field?

The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field are 3720 to 1.

Trennas

lao che & sons said:
how about a chase on the water, like in last crusade but now in a river with alligators and what not like in the jungles. I touwld be rellay fun I think.

I actually thought up something like that for an unfinished fanfic in which Indy would be looking for the fountain of youth and had a chase through the Everglades on one of those airboats while being surrounded by alligators :p

Hans

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I would like to see a scene with Indiana Jones in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. A chase that involves a caravan of vehicles through the crowded streets full of people, floats, streamers, etc.
I would like to see Indy on horseback again, reining the horse through the throng of party-goers. The villian he is chasing screeches to a hault on Bourbon Street, and Indy chases him into a smokey blues bar and beats the hell outta him in the bar as the band places a saucy little number.

:cool: That is the best idea ever:cool:

lao che & sons

Lonsome_Drifter said:

awesome idea! I think that new orleans could make a nice setting like this chase comes before a discovery in the swamps of louisiana, I can just see that. Plus in the bar fight I can see like the audience kind of circling out and the 2 fight in the center. It has some good humore possibilities just about one of the best indy chase ideas I've heard yet;)

One of the really classic serial cliffhangers was the trusty saw mill...which is usually flanking a river and a waterfall.

Maybe this time we can spend some time fighting at the top, (while split logs are flying by!) and not just go over!

The Drifter

lao che & sons said:
awesome idea! I think that new orleans could make a nice setting like this chase comes before a discovery in the swamps of louisiana, I can just see that. Plus in the bar fight I can see like the audience kind of circling out and the 2 fight in the center. It has some good humore possibilities just about one of the best indy chase ideas I've heard yet;)

Thank you.
Yes, when fighting in the bar the patrons would make a circle around them and the blues band could keep playing while they fight.
I think this whole idea would be good for the opening of the fifth movie. You know how Indiana is always looking/found (for) some artifact at the beginning of each film? (The Fertility Idol, the ashes of Nurhachi, the Cross of Cornado), he could have been chasing the villian through the streets of New Orleans for some old spanish artifact/french artifact or even some voodoo artifact. Any of them would work.

Perhilion

I think there should be a boat chase, with Indy in a speed boat (did they have those?) chasing a larger ship that he has to board. Then he gets thrown over the side of the ship and is hanging by his whip over the giant rotors, while the bad guy tries to cut/ unleash the whip.

Darth Vile

I'd second a more extensive riverboat fight scene (on something like a ferry or yacht). I'd also welcome a proper fight on a train... and not like the one with young Indy. Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to see Indy slugging it out atop a cable car (mountain cable car or San Francisco type).

The Drifter

Darth Vile said:
Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to see Indy slugging it out atop a cable car (mountain cable car or San Francisco type).

I was thinking the same thing also.
I would love to see Indy on top of a cable car going up the side of a huge mountain while snow flies around him. He would have to jump from car to car as the bad guys shoot at him.
He makes his way on top of one car and swings in, and throws the bad guys out into the freezing air. He then grabs a sub-machine gun and sprays the car across from him; mowing down the guys inside.

He hasn't been chased or chased someone/something in a subway yet?

Underground, finds a cave/tunnel burried city...hmmmm

But to go along with your New Orleans theme there are those swamp boats, with the big fans mounted on the back...not a hydro foil or hovercraft, what are they called?

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:

But to go along with your New Orleans theme there are those swamp boats, with the big fans mounted on the back...not a hydro foil or hovercraft, what are they called?

They are called Air Boats, and a chase scene with them through the swamps of Louisiana with the full moon lighting the murky depths would be fantastic.

JP Jones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
They are called Air Boats, and a chase scene with them through the swamps of Louisiana with the full moon lighting the murky depths would be fantastic.
Airboats would be be a great main chase. Just an awesome set piece. I actually had this idea for Indy 4. It involed the baddie being chopped up in the fan and fed to gators.

Goonie

Rocket Surgeon said:

or better yet, he finds a river of slime.;)

I'd like to see a better airplane chase. Maybe it's time to bring Jock back.(y)