Indy-Cast Trivia II

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Trying to run it in tandem with the Indy Cast...Jeopardy round on the podcast, Double Jeopary here.

Ah, a promotion. Fair enough.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Glad to see you guys joined!

Impressions?

What did you think of the difficulty level?

Seemed to be about right. Some were fairly easy, while some were trickier, which is probably the right balance to attract in a wide variety.

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Trying to run it in tandem with the Indy Cast...Jeopardy round on the podcast, Double Jeopary here.

Next time I'll kick it off in a new thread!:hat:

Glad to see you guys joined!

Impressions?

I had a lot of fun playing this.
The difficulty was good, but some questions were a lil' easy and some were harder. A good balance overall.

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
Impressions?

I thought it was a good mixture of easy and tough questions. Final Jeopardy should have players PM you with their answer and wage, then when the alotted time is up, you reveal the answer, then the players answers on the board.

All in all, a lot of fun, and I look forward to competing again. :hat:

Attila the Professor said:
Ah, a promotion. Fair enough. Seemed to be about right. Some were fairly easy, while some were trickier, which is probably the right balance to attract in a wide variety.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I had a lot of fun playing this.
The difficulty was good, but some questions were a lil' easy and some were harder. A good balance overall.

DoomTown said:
I thought it was a good mixture of easy and tough questions. Final Jeopardy should have players PM you with their answer and wage, then when the alotted time is up, you reveal the answer, then the players answers on the board.

All in all, a lot of fun, and I look forward to competing again. :hat:

Cross Promotion hopefully...have to limit it to three, it worked out pretty well.

I think PM'ing the answers and wagers so I can reveal them with the appropriate buildup is the best way...

For the time 30 questions ate up, an earlier round would be CRAZY...at least here.

The podcast would only really support a category or two...

Indy Trivia LXIX

What is the name of the painting above Indy's fireplace in Raiders, and who is the artist?

If you want to play the next Indiana Jones Jeopardy Game listen to The Indy Cast SundayNight/Monday Morning the first to answer the questions correct will play the Double Jeopardy/Final Jeopardy Round here.

Episode 120 provides a sample of the difficulty and format for the Podcast Round and Post #314 is the start of the sample Message Board Round.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Rocket Surgeon said:
What is the name of the painting above Indy's fireplace in Raiders, and who is the artist?

Below is the artist's painting with some differences, which I can only conclude make Indy's copy not only unique but possibly a personal gift.

5456305564_ce692496bc_z.jpg

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Damn, I once knew the answer to this but don't remember anymore!:(

Stoo said:
Damn, I once knew the answer to this but don't remember anymore!:(
I don't know why, but I've been getting some really odd Déjà vu from this question...it's a tough one. A Clue? It's Art Deco, the artist is French, and Joe Brody has the ONLY mention of him here at the Raven in one of his Fan Fics.

Now on to business!

In the next few hours Indy Cast Episode 122 will post with the first round of Indiana Jones Jeopardy.

If you're one of the three top "money winners" you'll have the chance to play against fellow competitors in a live event to grab the mantle and bragging rights to Indy Trivia Champ and all the perks that go with it. :)rolleyes: )

Just browse through the last three pages or so (depending on your settings) and you'll see the difficulty isn't so tough, you can build bucks on quickness and the Daily Doubles.

Thanks to Attila, Lonsome and DoomTown...hope to see you there!:hat:

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
Below is the artist's painting with some differences, which I can only conclude make Indy's copy not only unique but possibly a personal gift.

5456305564_ce692496bc_z.jpg

Got it!!! Won't post the answer here,(Rocket, I sent you the answer in an e-mail) but GREAT question. :hat:

Hint to others: The name of the painting is IN the painting itself...

And it was my pleasure helping out with Jeopardy, I hope to make it to the next round.

DoomTown said:
Got it!!! Won't post the answer here,(Rocket, I sent you the answer in an e-mail) but GREAT question. :hat:.
Don't be coy...if you have it, post it!

Nice work on Jeopardy...like the Trebek "cameo" this week?

The Drifter

I'm still clueless about how this works. I take it you hear the questions on the Indycast, and email an answer?
I hate that I missed this! Will there be any more like this?

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'm still clueless about how this works. I take it you hear the questions on the Indycast, and email an answer?
I hate that I missed this! Will there be any more like this?
There's still a spot!
Email your answers NOW!

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
Don't be coy...if you have it, post it!

Nice work on Jeopardy...like the Trebek "cameo" this week?

You got it.

Painting by Jean Dupas

Title: "Les Perruches" or, "The Parakeets"

Painted in 1925

Jeopardy was fun...Where was the WATSON cameo though? :hat:

DoomTown

harvey7297 said:
How in the world did you get this, btw? :confused:

All the hints were there....and they were needed, believe me. A little research into Joe Brodys fan fiction helped a GREAT deal...

harvey

DoomTown said:
All the hints were there....and they were needed, believe me. A little research into Joe Brodys fan fiction helped a GREAT deal...

Yeah, I did that and STILL couldn't find it! :(

Indy Trivia LXX

Categories are: “On Jeopardy”, which features actual questions asked on the television show and “They come in threes.”First up: On Jeopardy:

$200: Until "Batman" opened, this Spielberg-Lucas film held the 1-day gross record with $11.2 million dollars

DoomTown said:
Painting by Jean Dupas, Title: "Les Perruches" or, "The Parakeets" Painted in 1925

Jeopardy was fun...Where was the WATSON cameo though? :hat:

Indy Trivia and IBM are in negotiations for a featured spot on the Indy Cast, I can't say any more...stay tuned.

...and nice job on the question, it seems you're quick on the draw, thorough and the odds on favorite for the title!

Last edited: