What are you listening to?

Kai Hagen

Temple of Doom took place in 1935. Here are the songs that were popular in that year.

I think music is another good way to depict an era.

Last edited:

Kai Hagen

Music of the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade era (1938):

Lili Marleen was published in 1937 and first recorded in 1939 (according to Wikipedia):

This song was released in 1937 and continued to be popular in 1938 (in China):

Gear

Might be the wrong thread for it, but it's what I saw..
What I was listening to last week was Green Day live at the Moda Center in Portland. Awesome show. Been wanting to see them for a LONG time.

Before that, the best show was NOFX. Hit a bar 'round the corner first (2 buck PBR tall boys). Met the band before the show, El Hefe & Smelly in passing, but got to hang out with Fat Mike and Melvin for a few minutes. PEARS were a great opener. The singer of the band was cool.

Saw Marty Stewart and his Fabulous Superlatives a few months back. My mom, my country western influence, wanted to see 'm and had tickets. My dad didn't want to go so she asked me. I was pretty hung over but said a resounding "YES". Fun, intimate show. Btw, their newest album is REALLY good.

Around that time, though not music related, my best buddy and I saw Ron White "Tater Salad" perform in Portland. Fresh set and funny as Hell. Met him after the show. Six of us just waiting by the side door exit. He was really cool. I got the impression that he's about the same, except the 'showman' glam, off stage. He indulged us, even though we weren't fappin "VIP"--even hit a joint with us-- then had to go.

So, that's what has hit my eardrums recently.

TheFirebird1

Thread bump :hat:

Been on a rap kick this past year: Kendrick Lamar's Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers, billy woods' fantastic Afrobeat-inspired Aethiopes, and Kanye West's chaotic-yet-enjoyable Donda have remained on playlist rotation for me this summer.

As far as podcasts go, Mike Duncan's work, whether it be The History of Rome or his recently-concluded Revolutions, makes for great, easy, and incredibly informative listening. I'm excited to see the content he puts out in the near-future.

Z dweller

The great Erich Korngold is one of John Williams' classical influences.

If you aren't already familiar with his violin concerto, I strongly recommend you enjoy this wonderful work, which was pieced together using themes from various movies the maestro scored.

Here is a superb rendition by the lovely and massively talented Hilary Hahn.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
This is the third iteration of this thread, here's the second, the first was regrettably deleted about 14 years ago when threads closed due to length or otherwise were purged. (No plans or need to do that again.)

Listen to 1:10 of the first song, then the rest of the second. NSFW, not for the young or young at heart.

indyclone25

the dial of destiny soundtrack.........
nah just kidding but im listening to the indy soundtracks on my dvd player