Chilled monkey brains + cup

Kredepops

After seeing the awesome job Alan Castillo did with his Monkey brain cup I wanted to make one for my Monkey head.

It was easier said than done... but I think the end result is nice enough for me to display, until something better comes along, or I'll make a better one.

Thanks to the HD screen captures on VP's site, I was able to see that the trim near the edge of the cup is actually some metal-like pattern than looks like a separate part altogether. I bought some silver cardboard for that and cut the pattern manually.... whew ALOT of work.
The cup it self is from IKEA, it probably should be a bit bigger, but this was the closest I could find. I painted it with artists acrylics. The 'Chicken' foot is made from airdrying clay I bought at a hobby store. It has a wire inside for added sturdiness.

Hope you like it.

front_cap_on.jpg
front_cap_off.jpg

3-4_cap_off.jpg
side_cap_off.jpg

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nice work...:hat:

Not exactly a decoration that would go with my decor, but very cool!

Ditto.

Did they all have bird's feet?

Makes the mini versions no longer screen accurate? ;)

DSCN3595.jpg

Kredepops

Montana Smith said:
Ditto.

Did they all have bird's feet?

Makes the mini versions no longer screen accurate? ;)

DSCN3595.jpg

No, some had birds feet and some had the round base, both are accurate. Willie got one with bird's feet, but if you look carefully you can see the waiters carrying some with the round base. I guess the Thuggees ran out of matching cups, they didn't expect that many guests that evening :D

Montana Smith

Kredepops said:
No, some had birds feet and some had the round base, both are accurate. Willie got one with bird's feet, but if you look carefully you can see the waiters carrying some with the round base. I guess the Thuggees ran out of matching cups, they didn't expect that many guests that evening :D

The mini-monkey-mugs are still screen accurate then! I'll have to watch the dinner scene more closely.

Kredepops said:
I guess the Thuggees ran out of matching cups, they didn't expect that many guests that evening :D

JuniorJones said:
Not having matching dinnerware. The Thuggees should hang their heads in shame!

String 'em all up...by the nearest ceiling fan. :dead:

JuniorJones said:
Not having matching dinnerware. The Thuggees should hang their heads in shame!
What would the ladies down at the Ashram say?! Scandalous!

Maybe the chicken feet are the poisoned services?!

One wonders if Willie would wilt wither and wind up dead from bad meat in the can:
botchulism

Last edited: