Bacon

Indyologist

Here's a photo I scanned from one of my favorite alternative entertainment magazines in Buffalo, NY: "The Beast." (www.buffalobeast.com) Not exactly an entirely wholesome read, but a lot of it is hilarious!

Sigh, Buffalo is such a great little town... :)

BACON.jpg

Paden

What's amusing about that ad is the fact that the establishment readily admits to contributing to the ill health (and ultimate demise) of its clientele. In spite of that fact, I would imagine that business at the Century Grill is brisk. :)

In the meantime, here's a recipe for lacquered bacon.

roundshort

NICE, I think the little women will have to **** some up for me this weekend! Thanks for the res. Paden. Now I hate faken-bacon, and when I say this add for a fake hamburger, well it made me sick! It is about a "hamburger" made of soy, that is supposed to taste like a burger, you know it is a lie! only beef taste like beef . . .

Who wants a fake hamburger??????

qwerty

I already had my supper but tomorrow for breakfast I will be having bacon. Thank you for reminding me.

Some time ago I got this cook book. And it had a lot of chapters. One of them is named "meals without meat". The first recipe I red had in it some bacon. But it is understandeble becouse the guy who wrote this is not a vegeterian. He is a gourmet.

Indyologist

Yeah! I bet bacon-lovers can't wait for:

Bacon flavored ice cream, bacon flavored beer and bacon-flavored toothpaste. Hey, don't they make bacon toothpaste for dogs? Well, that's ONE fantasy perhaps you bacon-lovers and fulfill...

What are some other things you'd like to have bacon-flavored or bacon-scented?

Here's one: bacon-scented fabric softener sheets!

"Yes, now YOUR linens will have such a fresh, butcher-store, meat case scent that you'll want to line your sock drawer with plastic lettuce!"

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Bacon thread back???? I like scalop potatoes with bacon and onion. My favourite side dish. :whip:

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
bacon wrapped around prunes is really good too... even though americans think it is a medication against constipation (my parents learned that the hard way).

Gustav

I eat bacon all by its self. Sometimes I make a bacon sandwich, only instead of using bread I use more bacon. I love bacon more than my mother.

Indy Parise

Wouldn't that just be a huge pile of Bacon? I now declare that Bacon must always be capitalized from now on. It is that god like.