what r u eating

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
It is horrid to me to see a woman turning up a bottle.

OH NOES! THINK OF ALL THE WOMENS WHO DRANK A FEW BEERS WITH THEIR FRIENDS AFTER BINGO!!

*ahem*

I had some stuff for dinner. Somethingc alled a Magic Moutain.

Stoo said:
So your dad hasn't touched your mom ever since he took a sip of Pabst Blue Ribbon...and you think is great?:confused:
Look sir i said my parents have never started drinking and never will. BTW when my dad was a teenager his friend let him taste some beer and my dad said how could any drink this stuff, and my dad says beer tastes bad hot.

Uh thats great you drink Kiki, you choose to drink i don't have a problem with that.

Agent Crab your the funnest young man i have ever heard of.

IndyWolf15 said:
Look sir i said my parents have never started drinking and never will. BTW when my dad was a teenager his friend let him taste some beer and my dad said how could any drink this stuff, and my dad says beer tastes bad hot. Uh thats great you drink Kiki, you choose to drink i don't have a problem with that.

I'm glad you don't drink, I think it would only complicate things for you, although I would like to ask if you know:

What was Jesus' first miracle?

...and what do you think of this?

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm glad you don't drink, I think it would only complicate things for you, although I would like to ask if you know:

What was Jesus' first miracle?

...and what do you think of this?
Thats easy, wine back then did not mean fermented wine it mean't fresh squeezed grapes, meanings over time change people are using wine now as fermented. Jesus never drank fermeted wine, remember when Jesus was on the cross Jesus asked the soldiers he thirst and then they gave him fermented wine and he tasted the wine and he turned away. You can search up some info in the KJV Bible on wine and the Dictionary if you want to know more about this.

I'm going to cook some vegetable soup this morning.

BTW Sarah why do you take pills?

IndyWolf15 said:
Thats easy, wine back then did not mean fermented wine it mean't fresh squeezed grapes, meanings over time change people are using wine now as fermented. Jesus never drank fermeted wine, remember when Jesus was on the cross Jesus asked the soldiers he thirst and then they gave him fermented wine and he tasted the wine and he turned away.

Where did you learn this bit of information?

That wine in jesus' time was not fermented?

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
Where in the Bible does it say the wine is not fermented?

My dear friend I can see that you've not been to seminary school nor have you been watching the Discovery/History Channels documentaries on Biblical diets.

Christ himself talks about "new wine" vs "old wine". In the Bible the term "old wine" refers to fermented wine and "new wine" refers to fresh juice.

In the Biblical era the term "wine" simply means "juice" and NOT the alcoholic things that wine is associated with in our modern society.

Furthermore it is common knowledge that the Jewish culture at that time (and in some cases even today) frowned upon alcoholic beverages and throughout the Bible fermented wine is condemned. In the Bible the aforementioned, namely wine and beer which, for that matter is sometimes referred to as "strong drink in Holy Scripture." I.E: "Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink..." Judges 13:4

Does the Bible forbid the use of alcoholic beverages?

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." Proverbs 20:1. "Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder." Proverbs 23:31, 32. "Neither fornicators ... nor drunkards ... shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.
Answer: Yes, the Bible clearly forbids the use of alcoholic beverages.

Source: Amazing Facts

http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/BibleStudies/StudyGuides/tabid/105/ctl/ViewMedia/mid/453/IID/2-13/LNG/en/SC/R/Default.aspx?7=God's-Free-Health-Plan

Last edited:
RedeemedChild said:
In the Biblical era the term "wine" simply means "juice" and NOT the alcoholic things that wine is associated with in our modern society.

So I guess Noah "got drunk" on juice?(Genesis 9:21)

I'll thank you not to assume what schooling I've partaken...

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes merry" says Ecclesiastes 10:19 with the Hebrew word requiring a fermented product.

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:

My dear brother I'd also like to remind you that was back in Genesis. The laws and Holy Oracles had not been given to mankind at that time. The Holy Oracles and lifestyle guidelines came after the book of Exodus.

BTW I'm not using the Force to see into your schooling life dear friend. I was only taking a look at facevalue. Nothing less nothing more. BTW I do think you and I might make good fellows at Seminary. I'd love to discuss these things face to face with you over a cup of steaming Fuba Looma cream. :p

RedeemedChild said:
My dear brother I'd also like to remind you that was back in Genesis. The laws and Holy Oracles had not been given to mankind at that time. The Holy Oracles and lifestyle guidelines came after the book of Exodus.
The Greek word used in John 2:1-11 for "wine" and in Paul's command to Timothy to drink wine (1 Timothy 5:23) is the term oinos. This same word appears in Ephesians 5:18 ("be not drunk with wine") and Luke 10:34 ("and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine"). Can you get drunk on grape juice? Would you pour grape juice on a wound? Of course not! You get drunk on wine and it would provide sufficient alcoholic content to serve as an antiseptic. The New Testament always refers to fermented wine.

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Greek word used in John 2:1-11 for "wine" and in Paul's command to Timothy to drink wine (1 Timothy 5:23) is the term oinos. This same word appears in Ephesians 5:18 ("be not drunk with wine") and Luke 10:34 ("and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine"). Can you get drunk on grape juice? Would you pour grape juice on a wound? Of course not! You get drunk on wine and it would provide sufficient alcoholic content to serve as an antiseptic. The New Testament always refers to fermented wine.

My dear friend I must admit that you are very efficient, perhaps that is why I admire you so. However I'd suggest you talk with some people from a Seminary in your area because they'd be accusing you of heresy right about now. I can indeed say that we've stepped onto thin ice. The Bible does not endorse immoral behavior and that includes alcoholic beverages.

I suggest you head over to Andrews University or Amazing Facts Bible Universe for more assistance. We cannot afford to open the flood gates of heresy.

http://www.andrews.edu/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrews_University

RedeemedChild said:
The Bible does not endorse immoral behavior and that includes alcoholic beverages.

No one but you has mentioned the Bible endorsing immoral behavior, as for alcoholic beverages. check out Proverbs 9:2.

A very ancient law of the Church prescribes that a little water be added to the wine before the Consecration (Decr. pro Armenis: aqua modicissima), a practice, whose legitimacy the Council of Trent (Sess. XXII, can. ix) established under pain of anathema. The rigor of this law of the Church may be traced to the ancient custom of the Romans and Jews, who mixed water with the strong southern wines (see Proverbs 9:2), to the expression of calix mixtus found in Justin (First Apology 65), Irenæus (Against Heresies V.2.3), and Cyprian (Epistle 63, no. 13 sq.), and especially to the deep symbolical meaning contained in the mingling, inasmuch as thereby are represented the flowing of blood and water from the side of the Crucified Savior and the intimate union of the faithful with Christ (cf. Council of Trent, Sess. XXII, cap. vii).

You can keep your Wiki's, (be sure they don't lead you astray...it would make for a poor excuse in repsonse to The Almighty).

Rocket Surgeon said:

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes merry" says Ecclesiastes 10:19 with the Hebrew word requiring a fermented product.
Just because you see merry does not mean your drunk, it means your happy, If my parents have a birthday party do you mean to tell me if i drink RootBeer and i'm laughing with my friends that means i'm drunk!? No i'm just happy.

BTW this soup is good, I will post the recipe in Drifters thread.

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
No one but you has mentioned the Bible endorsing immoral behavior, as for alcoholic beverages. check out Proverbs 9:2.

A very ancient law of the Church prescribes that a little water be added to the wine before the Consecration (Decr. pro Armenis: aqua modicissima), a practice, whose legitimacy the Council of Trent (Sess. XXII, can. ix) established under pain of anathema. The rigor of this law of the Church may be traced to the ancient custom of the Romans and Jews, who mixed water with the strong southern wines (see Proverbs 9:2), to the expression of calix mixtus found in Justin (First Apology 65), Irenæus (Against Heresies V.2.3), and Cyprian (Epistle 63, no. 13 sq.), and especially to the deep symbolical meaning contained in the mingling, inasmuch as thereby are represented the flowing of blood and water from the side of the Crucified Savior and the intimate union of the faithful with Christ (cf. Council of Trent, Sess. XXII, cap. vii).

You can keep your Wiki's, (be sure they don't lead you astray...it would make for a poor excuse in repsonse to The Almighty).

If you'd been watching the History Channel's Decoding The Past you'd know that the Vatican made up a lot of stuff to justify their own immoral and anti-Christian practices. The Roman Church has always been on the wrong path; "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof" 2 Timothy 3:5.

That is why The Catholic Church has always been known as the "anti-Chirst" by Protestants. I can't think of even thing else that has depicted the Vatican so well as The Golden Compass movie did. That's why Martin Luther railed against the papacy and gave the world religious liberty.

IndyWolf15 said:
Just because you see merry does not mean your drunk, it means your happy, If my parents have a birthday party do you mean to tell me if i drink RootBeer and i'm laughing with my friends that means i'm drunk!? No i'm just happy.
In John 2:11, (the miracle at Cana): in accordance with Jewish custom, they were drinking real wine. It was a joyful occasion with probably several hundred people attending, so Jesus helped when the wine supply became prematurely exhausted, (provided an additional hundred gallons or so). If the product had not bern fermented wine, mere grape juice, the superb compliments would have been complaints, (excepting the little girls drinking the watered down drivel, as prescribed in Proverbs 9:2).

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
In John 2:11, (the miracle at Cana): in accordance with Jewish custom, they were drinking real wine. It was a joyful occasion with probably several hundred people attending, so Jesus helped when the wine supply became prematurely exhausted, (provided an additional hundred gallons or so). If the product had not bern fermented wine, mere grape juice, the superb compliments would have been complaints, (excepting the little girls drinking the watered down drivel, as prescribed in Proverbs 9:2).

Rocket Surgeon in Seminary you would have learned that that was NOT fermented wine my friend. Shanghai! Please study theology and do some Biblical research my friend. That was not fermented wine at all.

RedeemedChild said:
If you'd been watching the History Channel's Decoding The Past you'd know that the Vatican made up a lot of stuff to justify their own immoral and anti-Christian practices. The Roman Church has always been on the wrong path; "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof" 2 Timothy 3:5.

That is why The Catholic Church has always been known as the "anti-Chirst" by Protestants. I can't think of even thing else that has depicted the Vatican so well as The Golden Compass movie did. That's why Martin Luther railed against the papacy and gave the world religious liberty.

The History Channel and The Golden Compass...hmmm. Tough sources to rebuke.

I guess intolerance is a fine basis to begin a new religion...that and to keep undesirables off the throne.

The Diet of the Holy Roman Empire, assembled at Speyer in April, 1529, resolved that, according to a decree promulgated at the Diet of Worms(1521), communities in which the new religion was so far established that it could not without great trouble be altered should be free to maintain it, but until the meeting of the council they should introduce no further innovations in religion, and should not forbid the Mass, or hinder Catholics from assisting thereat.

Against this decree, and especially against the last article, the adherents of the new Evangel ? the Elector Frederick of Saxony, the Landgrave of Hesse, the Margrave Albert of Brandenburg, the Dukes of Lüneburg, the Prince of Anhalt, together with the deputies of fourteen of the free and imperial cities ? entered a solemn protest as unjust and impious. The meaning of the protest was that the dissentients did not intend to tolerate Catholicism within their borders. On that account they were called Protestants.

In course of time the original connotation of "no toleration for Catholics" was lost sight of, and the term is now applied to, and accepted by, members of those Western Churches and sects which, in the sixteenth century, were set up by the Reformers in direct opposition to the Catholic Church. The same man may call himself Protestant or Reformed: the term Protestant lays more stress on antagonism to Rome; the term Reformed emphasizes adherence to any of the Reformers. Where religious indifference is prevalent, many will say they are Protestants, merely to signify that they are not Catholics. In some such vague, negative sense, the word stands in the new formula of the Declaration of Faith to be made by the King of England at his coronation; viz.: "I declare that I am a faithful Protestant". During the debates in Parliament it was observed that the proposed formula effectively debarred Catholics from the throne, whilst it committed the king to no particular creed, as no man knows what the creed of a faithful Protestant is or should be.

RedeemedChild said:
Rocket Surgeon in Seminary you would have learned that that was NOT fermented wine my friend. Shanghai! Please study theology and do some Biblical research my friend. That was not fermented wine at all.
You offer no valid support for your proclamation. Without support it can only be declared your OPINION.

As such this response is as valid:

Was too!​
:p

RedeemedChild said:
Please study theology and do some Biblical research my friend.

Fine advice...I suggest you take it to heart.

ROCKET WILL YOU GET BACK ON TOPIC! I don't want my friends topic closed down. If you want to talk about wine PM RC and I.

And i am getting my info from the bible but i'm cleaning the RV right i will give you infomation from the bible but i'm busy right now.

IndyWolf15 said:
ROCKET WILL YOU GET BACK ON TOPIC! I don't want my friends topic closed down. If you want to talk about wine PM RC and I.

I think wine fits this topic as well as a Capri Sun!

...and this has been as interesting as this thread has ever been, if not more!

(are we in danger of a shut down?)

I think I'll enjoy a nice Sterling Cabernet, it's 5 O'Clock somewhere...