Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Duaner

Christopher Lee was definitely a legend. Many of his horror films are classics and far outweigh any of today's "horror" movies. Scaramanga was one of the best Bond villains (although the film as a whole was not one of the better Bonds). And honestly, Count Dooku was probably one of the best characters in the Prequel Trilogy.

Great film career!

Legends and friends reunited:
tumblr_np12tsjMge1t0demio2_1280.jpg

:hat: :hat: :hat:

Great stuff-
Christopher Lee, This is Your Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjuKIg6Tx0
The Many Faces of Christopher Lee:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkk0ykGtdyM

Duaner

Duaner said:
His "Braveheart" score is one of my favorite movie scores.

Also must mention his great work on the score of "Apollo 13" and the overlooked "The Rocketeer" score - great stuff from him. Second only to John Williams. He will be missed.

Sea Monarch

AndyLGR said:
Patrick macnee, aged 93, from The Avengers and A view to a Kill.

Always enjoyed his sense of elegance and style. I will also remember him as the owner of Spinal Tap's record label, (quote: Tap into America). ;) As is probably typical of Record CEO's, especially in the 80's, you get the sense that he knew absolutely nothing of the band or their music that he is spending millions in promoting!

In addition to these roles, I will also remember him as the narrator for the superb EON James Bond dvd documentaries.

Dr. Gonzo said:
Film music composer James Horner has died in a plane crash...

http://www.slashfilm.com/james-horner-dead/#more-300681

His "Braveheart" score is one of my favorite movie scores.

Also R.I.P. to Dick Van Patten. I knew him best as King Roland in "Spaceballs."

As for Horner, sad to hear of yet another great composer's passing. In addition to Braveheart, Rocketeer and Appolo 13, I enjoyed his Star Trek entries. Battle Beyond the Stars is pretty good too. But my favorite James Horner score along with Braveheart would have to be the epic Willow. It's cues were used for the trailers to so many other movies.

Duaner

Goonie said:
RIP Omar Sharif

Definitely lost another of the good ones today - "Doctor Zhivago", "Lawrence of Arabia", "Mackenna's Gold" and more recently "Hidalgo" (an underrated film with Indiana Jones style action).

Rest in Peace David Morgan...

I'm shocked that this news didn't make it here...

david3.jpg

http://www.davidmorgan.com/david_w_morgan.html

David William Morgan

David Morgan of Woodinville, WA died July 8, 2015. Born May 21, 1925 in Vancouver, Canada, David is survived by his wife of 62 years, Dorothy, their four children (Olwen (Robert Ruggeri); Barbara (Chip Zukoski); Meredith (Ed Orton) and Will), six grandchildren and one great grandchild.

David was a metallurgist by training and an entrepreneur by nature. He and Dorothy founded Austral Enterprises in 1962, which continues to this day as David Morgan, LLC.

David was kind, helpful, gregarious, generous, and an excellent problem-solver. He will be missed. The family wishes to express gratitude to Lawrence and Michelle?s Adult Family Home for the loving care they provided.

Services will be private. In lieu of flowers or contributions please do something kind or helpful in David?s name.

A celebratory review of David's life on our company blog. We know David was appreciated by many. If you would like to share a remembrance, please email davidremembered@davidmorgan.com.

11703056_10153358049498213_7382898342434920253_n.jpg

Indy fans lost a big one...

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Thank you, David. :hat:

Mickiana

I am so happy that I have one of his whips, a 12 foot Raiders whip. After I received it, I wrote to him thanking him for such a fine product of craftsmanship. He wrote back and said he was particularly proud of the one he sold to me.

RIP David Morgan.

ps I really love that picture of his workshop.

WilliamBoyd8

Actor Martin Milner, RIP

He starred in my all-time favorite television program, "Route 66",
about two guys working their away around the United States.
Milner drove a Corvette through the entire series.
Each episode was filmed on the location where the story was set.

More here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0590398

A trivia note about Martin Milner:

Milner served in the US Army at Fort Ord in the early 1950's.
He was already acting in films and told other servicemen about his acting career.
Two fellow soldiers, David Janssen and Clint Eastwood, decided to follow Milner to Hollywood.
All three appeared in the 1956 film "Francis in the Navy" whose star was Francis the Talking Mule.

:(

WilliamBoyd8

Yogi Berra, RIP

Famed New York Yankee's baseball player Yogi Berra has died at the age of 90.

He was more famous for his quotes, including "It ain't over till it's over".

Some accounts have that he was the inspiration for the character Yoda in the Star Wars films.

:(