Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Chiliana Jones

Billy Ray said:
Well, the satchel thing isn't a huge deal for me, just saying that it is a bigger deal than the absence of swastikas. Really, the whole swastika thing is annoying me, LOL I didn't really expect them to have swastikas in the game, any more than I expected Hasbro to have them on their figures, but you do expect Indy to have his satchel. If he loses it in the game, then that is just fine, there is an explanation for it's absence. But if they just forgot to put it in or left it out because it was too hard to do, or would take too much time to animate, or whatever then that pretty much sucks IMO.

don't think they have forgoten it OR it's to hard to do. it was in "infernal machine" and "emperor's tomb" so by going by those "old timers", i dont think this game would have a problem with the satchel ;)

and by looking the old xbox 360 videos of indy in SF chinatown, he doesnt have his satchel on but in this video of the motion preview he does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av39OS5hX_k

CJ

The Tingler

Morning Bell said:
That footage looks great and hopefully the gameplay will be as good as it sounds. My favorite part was when the Nazi grabbed Indy's shovel and Indy punched him, taking it right back again.:D

Yeah, I loved that part too! I think Indy actually gave the soldier the shovel, the soldier looks really confused, then Indy just punches him and takes it back. THAT'S Indy! :whip:

YouNeverKnow said:
Is anyone else not able to see the video? It tells me there may be offensive material so i obliged and put by birthday up and then the site never loads.

Um... how old are you? :p Just do what we do, choose January 1st 1919!

Morning Bell

OhioJones said:
That video was pretty damn sweet. There were some great classic Indy moments, like throwing the guy out of the plane and the shovel bit. Also, the biplane sequence looks awesome.

Yeah, I'm really excited about that part. The Wii controls work pretty well for flying and driving games so I'm excited to see this game take advantage of them.

lao che & sons

metalinvader said:
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-gameplay-movie-4

About 18-19 seconds into this video you can clearly see the Grail Temple in the bottom corner.

One has to wonder if it's related to the story somehow or it is just one of the multiplayer levels.
Yes! I saw that too, but didn't know if that really was it!:whip: I think it's just a multiplayer game, I seem to remember them saying that there was going to be multiplayer levels from each movie but now maybe just from the last crusade?

The Tingler

lao che & sons said:
Yes! I saw that too, but didn't know if that really was it!:whip: I think it's just a multiplayer game, I seem to remember them saying that there was going to be multiplayer levels from each movie but now maybe just from the last crusade?

Hmm, yeah, they have recently said that there are only two multiplayer arenas - one the tank battle, the other a biplane fight. I guess they are both from Last Crusade then.

The main quest is mostly Raiders-influenced though.

Henry

Chiliana Jones said:
indy has lost his satchel two times before if you didn't notice, in "temple of doom" and "Last crusade."CJ

And also Indy doesn't has his satchel in Marion's bar in Raiders.

r94.jpg

Morning Bell

I understand that Indy has gone without his satchel in certain situations but to have him go through an entire game without it is strange. Heck, even his jacket hardly makes an appearance in the game.

YouNeverKnow

The Tingler said:
Um... how old are you? :p Just do what we do, choose January 1st 1919!

I'm 20, so I really see no reason why it won't work for me, besides a bad internet connection (which I don't have).

Also, for the costume buffs: let me just say that while I understand the pulpy/serialness of having the main character in the same costume all the time, I personally love a little variation. It always irks me when on SW novel covers Han is wearing the exact same thing he wore in ANH. The only one I remember changing it up was the Agents of Chaos I. I appreciate stuff like that, so Indy going an entire game jacketless doesn't bother me so much.

Having that idol disappear into his Mary Poppins pocket, however...

The Tingler

Yes, I suppose so. It's also worth noting that he even went without his hat for the last quarter of Raiders - indeed, isn't it still on the Bantu Wind?

Crack that whip

The Tingler said:
Yes, I suppose so. It's also worth noting that he even went without his hat for the last quarter of Raiders - indeed, isn't it still on the Bantu Wind?

I'd assume so, though the novelization suggests he lost it swimming to the sub.

Johnny Nys

I'm having a little trouble finding console-specific details for this game. It's like the entire existence of "Staff of Kings" is an advertisement for the Wii. By showing off what kind of cool stuff you can actually do with those controls, by actually offering an interesting game where those controls serve a specific purpose, the only intention is to sell more Wii-consoles.

Each entry of the game I find offers the same details: the Wii-controles, the unlockable "Fate of Atlantis", the co-op mode, etc. It's always the same list! Even if you specifically choose the PS2-version of the game, it talks about the Wii-controls. Perhaps I'm just going to the wrong sites for that info, so if anyone can guide me that would be surely appreciated.

I've learned "Fate of Atlantis" will only be for the Wii. No big deal, I still have it on PC. But I haven't read anything about the co-op mode being exclusive to one system. Is it, or will the PS2 feature it as well?

The Tingler

The only feature that's exclusive to the Wii (apart from the motion controls of course) is the unlockable Fate of Atlantis, otherwise the Wii and PS2 versions will be identical. Co-op should be included with that.