Why not the good old games!

Syracus

My first Computer Game was "I.J. and the last C.". I like the adventure games genre & and did most of them until now. But nowerdays the 3D Games are absolut out of fun!
Because they can't give you the right explorer feeling like that when you use "the crabb with the cage" in I.J.and the faith of A. :eek:). I loved the object based old games with the order box: take, use, ... And also the graphic feeling was much closer to the movies. Please, Mr. Lucas give us an other "old" Indy Game...

Syra

Goodsport

Syracus said:
And also the graphic feeling was much closer to the movies.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'm not so sure about that.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yesterday I finished the Hong Kong portion of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, and I must admit that it was perhaps one of the most movie-like experiences in an Indy game that I've ever played... and I've played all of the Indy games, past and present!

-G

[Edited by Goodsport on 04-29-2003 at 05:35 pm]

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Bravo, Syracuse, for reminding us of the truly great Indy games...the graphic adventure versions of Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis. (Oh, and welcome to our humble abode - FoA reference, of course ;))

And I must agree with you, I feel the graphic adventures had the "Indy feeling" more than Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb did. As you say, what could possibly hark back to the old serials better than a crab lured to a rib cage with some cold cuts, chewing gum, or German sausage?

Syracus

Thanks Attila!

Thanks for your support!

Well I must say that I bought I.J and the Infernal M. but I did not liked it at all. I missed all the wonderful "think-work". The older versions had much more of that great brain-stuff :eek:). It was also fun to fight with some dudes in boxing mode...but as the last possibility, not as the MAIN thing in the game. It is not my thing to shoot my a free way to the any solution and to jump and run...use your brains like a guess it is much more "the old" indy feeling :eek:) & to dance all around when you finally GET the "ballon started" or find the way out of the catacombes...remember? :eek:)).

And Mr. Skywalker Lucas, please think 'bout it...: USE brain WITH Game.

Finn

Staff member
True words. So true. I've tried out all the Indy games too, but nothing, <i>nothing</i> tops FoA.

Too bad that the nowadays bum-muss-generation want action, all action.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
True words. So true. I've tried out all the Indy games too, but nothing, <i>nothing</i> tops FoA.

Too bad that the nowadays bum-muss-generation want action, all action.

Right! when's the brainful (cerebral) Indy comming back. I mean he is a doctor after all. If I want to kick some @$$ I'll play something like Quake 3, not Indy. I want hard and well thought puzzules.

Syracus

Dr. Jones!

You 're right! He's a doctor guided in his work trough passion! And he was never a killing-machine!!! NEVER! If you know his "Young-Indy" adventures you can see that trough two world wars and several situations he always was for peace and YES he's a taff boy with a great intellect and what is his passion? To solve puzzles!!! Sure he's not Gandhi but he's a rough man with a good heart. That's what we also want! I mean... thats what I want in an indy adventure!. Artifacts, exotic locations, deep characters, a good "brise" of action and THE SECRET that you have to follow! Not too much mystery, not too much action and not too much pixel :eek:).
Come back Indiana! I know you hate water 'old boy

Syra' from Switzerland

Syracus

Question

Does anybody know wehre I can download the old indy Game: ...Last Crusade...?

Or where I can get the emulators?

indydude

I don't know what I think about a new game like FoA, I personely did not realy enjoy FoA as much as I did ET and IM, but that is just my opinion. But I must agree about the fact that ET does not have enough puzzels and IM had lots of puzzels but none of them were fun, instead they were frusterating. What I want to see is games like ET based on the original movies and with better puzzels.

Syracus

Personal question

Yeah, I'm sure it is a personal question...
But I guess there was more then the puzzles. It was also the good sense of humour in the old sort of games as you can find in the early monkey island games.
The other point is that I don't want to learn this super mario jump n' run moves befor I can get into the adventure. I was one of the players who played never alone. It was always an event with close friends. If you invite friends and you have to explain the whole moves and they have houers to learn it they are very bored. But in the old adventures you could sit in front oft the computer, have a nice chat and suddently one of the friends had an suggestion or an idea.. In the old games you "were" never indy himself you just guidet him his way to the solution & you coud also be sophia or henry...Well finally I think that Lucas Arts had no respect of all the really speacial players of the old game player community. They made a tomb raider out of that what we once called an intelligent, creativ, funny, action event (adventure)...
I can only hope (!!!!) that if they bring out the new Indy 4 movie that they don't make a brainless actionspectacle too like matrix or blade or what ever... I'm not so optimistic in that because Lucas as a close eye to the mainstream...:(

00Kevin

Indyfan
I like 2D games because they are FULL of action, that's why I like LC for Genesis, plus other genesis games like James Bond: The Duel, YIJC: Instruments of Chaos.......even sonic :D

but still waiting for the chance to play ET........I hope it's action packed like the old 2Ders

Syracus

Indiana

Ehy, what you all think 'bout the Young Indy Episodes...I remember, that I watched some with friends in the early evening...and I LOVED IT!!! Because it was always like those "old" GREAT movies...It was the pure adventure of life!! After each episode you switched off the TV and went out...enjoyed the blue sky or the fresh air...or dreamed 'bout true love...(like indy in the hemingway episode)...Thanks Mr.Lucas for these great pieces of history, love & life...this was a good thing to do...really!!!

Lundquist

The ideal Indy game would be the quality and amount of puzzles of FOA combined with the combat system of ET imo.

Randy_Flagg

Lundquist said:
The ideal Indy game would be the quality and amount of puzzles of FOA combined with the combat system of ET imo.

Yep, and controls that weren't twitchy, and an in-game save feature.