Terminator Salvation

kongisking

No Ticket said:
Terminator 3 was lame. The first was ok, but the second was the best.

... the idea of it as a new trilogy sounds kinda dumb to me. I think we've seen the best of what can come out of that franchise already.

What about the future war? They could show how Kyle Reese was sent back! We can finally see the time machine!

And P.S., I thought T3 was an awesome action flick, but I will not be so retarded as to claim it's better than the first 2. I have SOME intelligence, despite all evidence to the contrary...:rolleyes: :p ;)

AL_Patterson said:
T2 was better. T3 was terrible.

Yeah... T3 sucks mostly...

But actually I just bought a copy today. Lol. $5 used from the campus rentals... it's entertaining enough to warrant 5 bucks I think.

...the original will always be the best though. Love it.

|ZiR|

Yes, yes-- T1 is the best.

All the same, T2 holds a special place in my heart to this day. I wanted to be John Conner so F-ing bad when I was a kid. Sure, he was a whiny brat-child, but imagine having the Terminator as your own bodyguard! Ahhh. And I love the lil' exchanges between John and the Terminator:

Connor: You just can't go around killing people.

Terminator: Why?

Connor: What do you mean why? 'Cause you can't.

Terminator: Why?

Connor: Because you just can't, OK? Trust me on this!

So cheesy, yet so, so great.

Vendetta08

As for these sequels, I think they're terrible ideas. The way I see it, James Cameron created Terminator and is the only one that can direct a real Terminator movie. These movies will be nothing but a cheap imitation of his real vision.

indyfan85

All of this Terminator spin-off business is a total joke, it's an obvious cash in with no artistic vision whatsoever.

kongisking

GREAT NEWS, GUYS!!! for T4, STAN WINSTON IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I love Stan's work! You CANNOT have a T-Flick without the Master!!!! HOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36081

Hot mama smokers, this is AWESOME!!!!! (and perfect thing to get this thread started again...:D :hat: )

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS KICK-ASS PIECE 'O NEWS!!!! HOORAY!!!

Shortie

I liked T3. Not as much as the others.
Also, T4 comes May 22, 2009.... I guess May 22 is kick-azz 4th movie day? (y)

G-Man

kongisking said:

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I love Stan's work! You CANNOT have a T-Flick without the Master!!!! HOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!

Hot mama smokers, this is AWESOME!!!!! (and perfect thing to get this thread started again...:D :hat: )

Yeah, but it's still being directed by McG...

The Man

First poster...

terminator_javits_061008.jpg

And a teaser is due to screen with The Dark Knight.

Agent Z

If the big plot spoiler for number 4, which was posted at CHUD and AICN is true, this movie will blow something serious. (n)

No, wait...Keep the Faith! Keep the Faith! (y)

Oh wait, they are shooting for PG-13?!? (n)

The Man

Agent Z said:
If the big plot spoiler for number 4, which was posted at CHUD and AICN is true, this movie will blow something serious. (n)

Oh wait, they are shooting for PG-13?!? (n)

Maybe if we expect something profoundly atrocious and the film is only slightly atrocious, we can claim to be pleasantly surprised...(y)

OmegaSeamaster

kongisking said:

Doesn't matter if you've got Stan Winston. If you don't have James Cameron, then it's a piece of turd.

Terminator Canon = T1, T2. The End.

bennihana123

kongisking said:

Sucks that he's dead, hopefully his company can continue his legacy.