The Indy Cast

indycast said:
IndyCast Special 3 - The Magic of John Williams!

Just in time for Christmas, Young Indy assistant sound editor Laird Malamed & Ron the Reviewer take another look at the magic of composer John Williams! (In Stereo)

Check out the episode here! Well done on a fantastic special!!!

And great 'making of' video Rob, can't wait to hear the final product!

Tremendous job by Ron and Laird! Very enjoyable special - I think the best one yet. Thanks, guys! (y)

lairdo

robisindy said:
Tremendous job by Ron and Laird! Very enjoyable special - I think the best one yet. Thanks, guys! (y)

Thanks Rob; glad you enjoyed - and great video on the radio drama. Can't wait for that to come out!

Ed - thanks for the awesome cover art you added for the iTunes download. Looks great.

Happy Christmas and New Year!

-Laird

Stoo

indycast said:
IndyCast Special 3 - The Magic of John Williams!
@Laird: Great that you played the music from "Land of the Giants" but it's too bad you didn't play the 2nd season theme as well. Despite what you may believe, it's not a re-arrangement of season 1. It's a totally different tune. (That said, Season 1 is my FAVOURITE piece by Johnny Williams!)(y)

The 2nd half of the "NBC Nightly News" music is AWESOME! Never heard that in full before. What a treat! Thank you.

@Ron: I have to echo Laird, "Who is Mike Lockinland?". The kid who played Bobby Brady was Mike Lookinland! Also, the film with the plane at the bottom the ocean was "Airport '77" from 1977, not "Airport" (1970).:p

You mentioned you've seen 2 or 3 episodes of "Land of the Giants". Did you see them on iTunes or on TV? I used to watch re-runs on TV every week. Great show!

ronthereviewer

Stoo I saw episodes on tv as well after we did the special I am now considering buying the first season. mMy Dad has some of them on beta tapes remember those as for B Brady I am sure he is just grateful his name came up at all speaking about good movies

Stoo said:
@Laird: Great that you played the music from "Land of the Giants" but it's too bad you didn't play the 2nd season theme as well. Despite what you may believe, it's not a re-arrangement of season 1. It's a totally different tune. (That said, Season 1 is my FAVOURITE piece by Johnny Williams!)(y)

The 2nd half of the "NBC Nightly News" music is AWESOME! Never heard that in full before. What a treat! Thank you.

@Ron: I have to echo Laird, "Who is Mike Lockinland?". The kid who played Bobby Brady was Mike Lookinland! Also, the film with the plane at the bottom the ocean was "Airport '77" from 1977, not "Airport" (1970).:p

You mentioned you've seen 2 or 3 episodes of "Land of the Giants". Did you see them on iTunes or on TV? I used to watch re-runs on TV every week. Great show!

Last edited by a moderator:

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 119 is here!

In the final episode for 2010, we talk Indy's demise, Sideshow's Temple of Doom premium format figure, plus have a Blu-Ray boxset to give away plus lot's more! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Have a safe and happy New Year and we'll see you in 2011!

Check out the episode here!

Interesting early results in the poll regarding which actor you would cast as Indy in the event of a reboot. It's also been interesting to note that so far those that do not like my segment on the show do state that it's not the segment itself that is the problem, it's me.

Have you voted on the two new polls yet? It only takes a minute, so check it out here: http://www.theindyopinion.com

DoomTown

robisindy said:
Interesting early results in the poll regarding which actor you would cast as Indy in the event of a reboot. It's also been interesting to note that so far those that do not like my segment on the show do state that it's not the segment itself that is the problem, it's me.

Have you voted on the two new polls yet? It only takes a minute, so check it out here: http://www.theindyopinion.com

Done and done. Personally, I don't think the show would be the same without it. I also think that the opinion segment would be a great format for roundtables on certain topics. (Rob could be moderator, almost like the McLaughlin group ;) )

Cheers, Rob. I think you do a great job. :hat:

DoomTown said:
Done and done. Personally, I don't think the show would be the same without it. I also think that the opinion segment would be a great format for roundtables on certain topics. (Rob could be moderator, almost like the McLaughlin group ;) )

Cheers, Rob. I think you do a great job. :hat:

Thanks, Keith. I love the idea of doing roundtable discussions for the segment if we can cut through the logistical nightmares of scheduling regular conference calls across multiple time zones. I think it's something we should discuss, as it would be great to have you involved.

That's the sort of feedback we're looking for with this poll - how can the show be improved, starting with the opinion segment?

Sharkey

If you could hide the poll results until after you read the winner on he show it would be better.

The only other improvement would be follow Lucas' advise...faster, more intense.

Montana Smith

Sharkey said:
The only other improvement would be follow Lucas' advise...faster, more intense.

Whenever it begins to sound like an edition of Waynes World you could always listen at high speed. Used to work for me. You can just barely make out the words so you know if there's anything you want to stop and listen to.

Don't bother downloading very often now. The Raven's enough for me. Don't want to be overdoing it. ;)

Sharkey said:
If you could hide the poll results until after you read the winner on he show it would be better.

Thanks, Sharkey. I don't think Vizu has an option for hiding the results, although I'll do some checking. On my limited production budget, I settled on Vizu as the best free poll option I could find.

I'm sorry that people find me so boring on the show. :eek: I'm continuing to work on it.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

robisindy said:
I'm sorry people find me so boring on the show. :eek: I've done a lot of public speaking, since I was a child, actually, and even in cases where someone has offered constructive criticism I've never had people tell me that I was boring except in regards to my IndyCast segments, so maybe I'm just not as intense in my delivery without an audience in front of me. I'm continuing to work on it.

Don't take it personally, I used to listen to most of the show in high speed. ;)

Sharkey

I don't think you're boring, just that your delivery is subdued. There are other parts of the cast where the rambling could do with some trimming...judicious editing.

Its tough to offer so much for free and the fact that you don't just wing it all the time shows you care. You foot the bill for a website, you obviously put thought into what you do. You add value to the show, so thanks.

But pick up the pace! The boulder is catching up!

Montana Smith

Sharkey said:
I don't think you're boring, just that your delivery is subdued. There are other parts of the cast where the rambling could do with some trimming...judicious editing.

Its tough to offer so much for free and the fact that you don't just wing it all the time shows you care. You foot the bill for a website, you obviously put thought into what you do. You add value to the show, so thanks.

But pick up the pace! The boulder is catching up!

What happened to the snarky Sharkey? :confused:

You've gotten all touchy feely in your old age.

Let me guess. With fame comes great responsibility? :p

Sharkey

Montana Smith said:
What happened to the snarky Sharkey? :confused:

You've gotten all touchy feely in your old age.

Let me guess. With fame comes great responsibility? :p
It's never been any secret that I like Rob's bit. He knows Indiana Jones well enough to answer the crazy trivia and he puts in the effort. Hell he even put himself on he line with this poll. Brave? Stupid? Brave and Stupid?

He's got some brass balls, Mic Fleetwood brass balls.

If the rest took the example...

Fame? Yeah, I'm real popular with the OCD set...

Saber79

Hey guys...

I'm playing catchup with the last few Indycasts...some really great shows...

I'm up to 116 now, almost there.

Ron & Laird - Loved Part 2 of the John Williams special and loved that you added the Hook prologue in it...what a great piece that is.

Rob - Loved the behind the scenes video and can't wait for the next Radio Drama. Oh, just my two cents - I feel the way you do the Indy Opinion is just right. Everyone has their way of speaking and your tone blends nicely with Ed's, Mitch's, Ron's and Pat's. I wouldn't change a thing.

And welcome back to the trivia Pat. Funny thing is at one point I forgot that I was listening to old episodes when I actually knew the answer to one of your questions you had. I was getting ready to write in a response when I realized it was 6 episodes old!

Also, a belated congrats to Keith and Kay on their wedding!

Saber79 said:
Rob - Loved the behind the scenes video and can't wait for the next Radio Drama. Oh, just my two cents - I feel the way you do the Indy Opinion is just right. Everyone has their way of speaking and your tone blends nicely with Ed's, Mitch's, Ron's and Pat's. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks, Saber. I appreciate the kind words. It means a lot to me!

Just an update to everyone, the latest radio drama has been delayed. Originally slated to release today, Indiana Jones and the Gold Goddess Part One is now scheduled for a January 10th release. Sorry for the delay!