Rare Film Posters...

Paul S

TR.N Staff Member
Who has got any rare Indy posters out there?

Like the Indy Last Crusade Pepsi promo poster....there were a few of these I believe. Or perhaps even a poster from another country that used different artwork...

Let us know...

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Last Crusade Posters

I have that Last Crusade Pepsi poster. Found it at eBay + I have another Last Crusade poster that is actually a picture of Indy and Henry, haven't seen that poster anywhere before.

What's the best way to save the posters? Rolling up and putting away our hanging up in a frame?

Paul S

TR.N Staff Member
Good Question G...

Good Question G...

I've got a bit of both going on, cos I don't have the room to have them all framed...however if you have the room I think that the best way to keep your posters is in a good quality frame...it's just whether you have the room...

Are there any more of those Pepsi LC posters on ebay???I've been looking for that for years!!!

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Keep checking eBay a few times a week. They'll pop up again.
As far as I believe, there were more than 1 pepsi posters placed when I got mine.

M

mmarosy

Rare film posters

I have a poster from the Raiders era that I got at a Spencer's Gift store. It's of Indy using his whip (looks like it's taken from the Cairo fight scenes) super-imposed over an explosion. I haven't seen that one much anywhere else.

Mike

Dr.Jones909

I too have a Last Crusade Pepsi promo poster, and as a matter of fact, I have the entire promo pack. I got it on eBay last year for about 50 bucks, i probably overpayed, but its pretty neat

Canyon

I was lucky enough to get the Pepsi promo poster last year.

indiana.jpg

00Kevin

Indyfan
Canyon, you rule...3 years and a few months back, the whole forum couldn't find that poster....now canyon finds it in a snap, by herself

Canyon

Why, thank you. :eek:

You guys may want to search here and type in the words 'Indiana Jones Pepsi'. There are a few posters going but time is running out! :D

fora

Rare Raiders poster

I have a rare Raiders of the lost ark poster. Been looking for this for a long time. Even asked about it on the raven but nobody seemed to know. It's the same design as the UK quad but instead of being horizantal it's vertical and it's enormous. Approx 60 x 40. Iv'e only ever known one other person who remembers it and they saw it on a tube station in London just before the film was released. If anyone out there knows more about it then i'd love to know about it.

snake_surprise

fora said:
I have a rare Raiders of the lost ark poster. Been looking for this for a long time. Even asked about it on the raven but nobody seemed to know. It's the same design as the UK quad but instead of being horizantal it's vertical and it's enormous. Approx 60 x 40. Iv'e only ever known one other person who remembers it and they saw it on a tube station in London just before the film was released. If anyone out there knows more about it then i'd love to know about it.
They only made roughly 200-300 of these. You have one it sounds like. I have another one. Mine cost me a fortune, but it was worth every penny since it is in perfect shape. It hangs in our dining room:

2347152464_451333a39a_b.jpg

Did you get that framed with glass? I got one just like it and a Temple of Doom 40x60 but I was told it would cost a fortune to get custom glass and would be extremely heavy.

snake_surprise

Agent Spalko said:
Did you get that framed with glass? I got one just like it and a Temple of Doom 40x60 but I was told it would cost a fortune to get custom glass and would be extremely heavy.
Hey Spalko!

I hardly never use glass on posters (especially ones that I really care about) because of moisture/ghosting issues that could become apparent. I stick to plexi because it is better for the poster over the long haul, and is lighter as you allude to. UV filtered plexi is a small fortune, but worth it if you really treasure the poster in question. If you want more framing advice, PM me, and I can direct you to some good threads on the MPF, but you might have read those already.

I also picked an expensive frame...long story short, this frame job cost around $675.

I want a Temple 40x60...I am jealous. :D

FILMKRUSC

Best place to get frames is www.hollywoodposterframes.com They have a wide variety available. They specialize in movie posters. I buy all of my frames from them. I would avoid glass (conducts heat which can have the poster age faster) and go with plexi glass (much lighter). Best quality and most reasonable price you can find.

The frame below for my Raiders one sheet cost me about $119 - Deluxe 27x41movie poster frame (black) non glare UVplexi with the acid free backing. They usually have up to 30x40 frames in stock and do larger custom sizes as well.

Ford1raidernet.jpg

Last edited: