Is the beginning part plausible?

tnswman

QBComics said:
Yeah! I find it sad though how I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the movie.

NO WAY buddy!! I LOVED IT!! I didn't like the Mutt / Jungle stuff until my son turned to me and said that was AWESOME!! Then, The Sword fight / Vine swing fit right in for me :)

I wish ALL of us could have been 19 years younger and seen this movie...I GUARNATEE we would ALL feel like it was the best movie EVER!!

Harrison was Indy in ways tht Indy should have been in TOD & TLC He was a digger, a hero, and a LEARNER!!

metalinvader

QBComics said:
Yeah! I find it sad though how I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the movie.

Don't worry dude.There are plenty of people who enjoyed this fantastic film.I loved every minute of it.:hat:

Grailseeker

I enjoyed the entire first half until they got to the CGI jungle..then it lost its Indyness for me. (animals, vast background, ants, waterfalls, etc)

The jungle chase and the fist fight with Dovchenko was great though..

I LOVE the doomtown sequence. My favourite part of the movie. It's as plausible as anything else in the previous movies.

Ste2652

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Yes. Lead is impervious to radiation!!

True, but it's not impervious to the blast itself. But hey, it's a movie... Harrison Ford himself said it was stretching believability to the limit. It's not a documentary Most things in the Indy films are far-fetched. Finding the convenient way out of the Well of Souls right next to the plane? Landing in Short Round's car?

The intro was pretty good, I just think there was a little too much crammed in there.

Yure

tnswman said:
NO WAY buddy!! I LOVED IT!! I didn't like the Mutt / Jungle stuff until my son turned to me and said that was AWESOME!! Then, The Sword fight / Vine swing fit right in for me :)

I wish ALL of us could have been 19 years younger and seen this movie...I GUARNATEE we would ALL feel like it was the best movie EVER!!

Harrison was Indy in ways tht Indy should have been in TOD & TLC He was a digger, a hero, and a LEARNER!!

You're in good company, I LOVED it too :)

QBComics

metalinvader said:
Don't worry dude.There are plenty of people who enjoyed this fantastic film.I loved every minute of it.:hat:

Well, I'm glad. :) Now I can take a deep breath and relax.

tnswman

Grailseeker said:
I enjoyed the entire first half until they got to the CGI jungle..then it lost its Indyness for me. (animals, vast background, ants, waterfalls, etc)

The jungle chase and the fist fight with Dovchenko was great though..

Guess what, This IS and Indy movie...so anything Indy does in it or is surrounded by IS INDYNESS!!

This is not a stupid Fan film..This is the real deal.

Grailseeker

To be more specific the true Indy feeling is more of the B-movie for me, which this was borderline almost Jurassic Park at times (of course excluding dinos) with all the giant, vast action scenes and less gritty stunt work in a real jungle.

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
I LOVE the doomtown sequence. My favourite part of the movie. It's as plausible as anything else in the previous movies.
Yep, surviving a nuclear blast, at ground zero in a four star Hotpoint, flying though the air just ahead of its wake at warp factor 5 and crash landing beside a cgi gopher is as plausible as anything else in the previous movies? I guess when they did those tests for real back in the fifties, there was nothing left standing but a whole bunch of fridges? Come on! Wake up and smell the melting frozen yougart. It's completely implausible. doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the movie. Just that you wouldn't surivie in REAL LIFE.

Forrestal1972 said:
Yep, surviving a nuclear blast, at ground zero in a four star Hotpoint, flying though the air just ahead of its wake at warp factor 5 and crash landing beside a cgi gopher is as plausible as anything else in the previous movies? I guess when they did those tests for real back in the fifties, there was nothing left standing but a whole bunch of fridges? Come on! Wake up and smell the melting frozen yougart. It's completely implausible. doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the movie. Just that you wouldn't surivie in REAL LIFE.

You've just agreed with me. We're talking about plausibility in the movies. Who mentioned it being plausible in real life?

nitzsche

There was a reason for the prairie dogs - beyond the mountain/molehill gag and all that. The desert sand was soft, soft, SOFT because of the tunneling and the dunes. Soft landing.

And Indy was not at ground zero of the blast. Not at all.