The Soundtracks Collection - Concord

Frank V

vf wing said:
How exactly was it screwed up? Just out of curiousity.
They released the music as heard in the movie with bad editing and loops, not as written by John Williams.

Last edited:

Crack that whip

vf wing said:
Big ups for the tracklist! Since the collection spans all four films, i'm hoping the bonus disc includes additional music from all four films.

I'm hoping that as well.

Actually, what I'd really like would be some huge set with all the music from all four movies and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, but I know better than to hold my breath on that one.

(Incidentally, I noted not long ago that Lucasfilm gave away some Young Indy soundtrack CDs to ten randomly selected Hyperspace members just two years ago, but it went without additional comment. I assume these have to have been leftover copies of some / all of the four volumes released by Varèse Sarabande back in the day, but just in case I missed out on something wonderful, does anyone know for sure?)

davros72

IndyFan89 said:
I'm very curious to see whats on the fifth disc.
Found this on JWFan.com forums... (second hand information...)

Just found this track list for the 5th disc on Tower Records website.

I don't know how accurate it is;

1 Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
2 Interviews with John Williams,Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)
3 Uncovering the Ark (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
4 Indy and the Villagers (from Temple of Doom)
5 Secret Passage, The (from Temple of Doom)
6 Father's Study (from Last Crusade)
7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (from Last Crusade)
8 To the Blimp (from Last Crusade) *
9 Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)
10 Death of Kazim (from Last Crusade)
11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice (from Last Crusade)
12 Return to the Village/Raiders March (From Temple Of Doom)

davros72

Crack that whip said:
I was just coming here to post that myself! Here's a link directly to Tower Records' listing, to eliminate some of that second-handedness.
:)
Thanks! Was too lazy to go digging for it myself. :)

Alas, no additional KOTCS tracks, but I kinda figured there wouldn't be any. (Although, with KOTCS being the only Concord "original" you'd think they'd have access to further tracks, but oh well...)

ReggieSnake

Very excited about this release. When I first read it on line I told all my college buddies and, sadly, they weren't able to relate to my excitement.;)

I'm looking forward especially to the new TOD music.

Agent Z

IndyFan89 said:
But maybe some of the existing KOCS tracks have extra content on them.

Darth Vile said:
Afraid not...

Concerning the missing music from Kingdom...

Would it be at all possible to separate the musical score from the dialogue and sound effects on the DVD/Blu-ray?

I recall one time messing with my receiver on a 5.1 and I was able to only get the musical score. Might have just been that one film, of course.

:confused:

michael

Some truly great news, I can't wait.

I'm hoping "Indy and the Villagers" includes Fortune and Glory--but that could be wishful thinking.

And I'm also guessing that "the Sword Trick" has the on the bridge music, I wonder this because why not name it "the Sword Trick/On the Bridge"?, the Bridge Scene is kind of a big deal.

Frank V

IndyFan89 said:
But maybe some of the existing KOCS tracks have extra content on them.
You mean 30 seconds or so? The album is 77 minutes long! Be glad so much music is released.

IndyFan89

Agent Z said:

Would it be at all possible to separate the musical score from the dialogue and sound effects on the DVD/Blu-ray?

I recall one time messing with my receiver on a 5.1 and I was able to only get the musical score. Might have just been that one film, of course.

I've heard of that before. Anyone know if it's possible?

Agent Z

Major West said:
Yes it is possible, with something like DVD audio extractor.

I hope so. I'll find out soon enough.

It seems too easy though. I mean, why bother offering isolated musical score tracks on certain dvds if it's pretty much already there?

I'm just thinking there's a catch. I so hope you're right. :)

emtiem

Agent Z said:

That's where the Temple of Doom soundtrack bootlegs came from: the drawback is that you do get some sound effects and the quality isn't quite up to soundtrack quality.