TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should there be 2 more movies?
Yes 43 78.18%
No 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
LostArk
IndyFan
 
LostArk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 2019
Posts: 439
Should there be another trilogy?

It would seem kinda pointless to make a sequel 19 years later and just leave it at that. Besides, the series would have its own OT and NT (old trilogy and new trilogy, respectively) just like Star Wars.

So what do you say, 2 more films?
LostArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
blueoakleyz
IndyFan
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 182
oh hell yeah
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
Michael24
IndyFan
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,469
Yes! Indy's back, and I eagerly want more!
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
|ZiR|
IndyFan
 
|ZiR|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Mexico / NYC
Posts: 1,226
To be perfectly honest, I can't see it working. I wanted more before I saw KotCS, but seeing how it ended... it'd have to have Marion, Indy, and Mutt in it, which is something I'm not too hot about.

While I like all of the characters individually, all of them together isn't so awesome. I got lame "wonder family" vibe from the jungle chase sequence. It reminds me too much of the super Conner family in The Mummy Returns.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't watch any futher sequels. I'd eat them up, you can be sure.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
Dust McAlan
IndyFan
 
Dust McAlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 302
Absolutely.

We've got the '30s Serial Adventures, now we can get the '50s Sci-Fi Adventures.

The next film should be a monster movie. I swear, an Indiana Jones/Creature from the Black Lagoon type flick would be awesome. Couch it in Archaeology and it's gold.
Dust McAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
ben85
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27
If it's got a strong story and relevant characters then I'd love to see more while Harrison can do it.

Maybe the next one could be a prequel, and then one more, to cap it off for good?
ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
Perhilion
IndyFan
 
Perhilion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 719
I don't know....we might be pushing it. I'd love to see more movies, but I'm not sure how good they would be.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
LostArk
IndyFan
 
LostArk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 2019
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben7
If it's got a strong story and relevant characters then I'd love to see more while Harrison can do it.

Maybe the next one could be a prequel, and then one more, to cap it off for good?

That's exactly what I was thinking. A movie showing an Indy adventure before KotCS. They can even end it in Mexico when Indy and Mac get captured. That way, Marion and Mutt won't have to be in the movie and they can return in the 6th and final film.
LostArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
Hedwig
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben7
If it's got a strong story and relevant characters then I'd love to see more while Harrison can do it.

Maybe the next one could be a prequel, and then one more, to cap it off for good?
A good idea.
Hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
Dr.Mirakle32
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
I would love to see a series of live-action prequels (either on TV, or theatrically) that would bridge the gap between YOUNG INDY and TOD, and introduce us to Abner and Marion, and the rivalry between Belloq and Indy.

Or you could do it Godfather Part II style, and have a "modern-day" adventure with Harrison Ford, intertwine in to an adventure he had thirty years prior.
Dr.Mirakle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Crack that whip
IndyFan
 
Crack that whip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stone Mountain, GA
Posts: 1,723
After seeing in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles how much an Indiana Jones story could deviate from the formula / template established by the first three movies and yet still remain utterly engrossing and distinctly "Indy," I'd honestly be totally Jonesing to see a very different kind of Indy movie - one with not so much supernatural, wild action, etc. (or even none at all), and instead with more introspection, character-progression-based drama, etc.; it could still be "adventure," while being a different kind of adventure from what we normally associate with Indy, perhaps more to do with intrigue, etc.

Mind you, I'll go see any Indy movie anyway - heck, I'd see an Indiana Jones movie that's nothing but two of his classroom lectures back-to-back, complete with roll calls. And then I'd go see it again.
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Mrs_Fedora
IndyFan
 
Mrs_Fedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Very Dutch, but living in IRL
Posts: 209
Yes please, 2 more!

I know there are people who really, deeply hate KOTCS.. But hey! IF
there will be a second one, it's gonna be da bomb
Mrs_Fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
LostArk
IndyFan
 
LostArk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 2019
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mirakle32
I would love to see a series of live-action prequels (either on TV, or theatrically) that would bridge the gap between YOUNG INDY and TOD, and introduce us to Abner and Marion, and the rivalry between Belloq and Indy.

Or you could do it Godfather Part II style, and have a "modern-day" adventure with Harrison Ford, intertwine in to an adventure he had thirty years prior.

They should reboot the series and get an actor who looks like Harrison Ford to play Indy in the 20s, when he met Marion. The GFII format would be awesome but it'd make the film different from the others.
LostArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
Seaner
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by |ZiR|
To be perfectly honest, I can't see it working. I wanted more before I saw KotCS, but seeing how it ended... it'd have to have Marion, Indy, and Mutt in it, which is something I'm not too hot about.

While I like all of the characters individually, all of them together isn't so awesome. I got lame "wonder family" vibe from the jungle chase sequence. It reminds me too much of the super Conner family in The Mummy Returns.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't watch any futher sequels. I'd eat them up, you can be sure.
and they couldnt make any prequels back to indy vs the nazis cause if they make another shia will be in it (which i dont think is a bad thing) but if they do the new one ditch marion and make a very small part and more semi realistic action with harrison and shia
Seaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
Turtle
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 26
I would say that they should maybe do one more. As I understand it, the original plan was for five movies, so I would be happy with that. Since Crystal Skull can serve as a conclusion for the series, the idea of a prequel that a few of you have mentioned here, leading up to the events of Skull itself is quite appealing.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
James
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,177
I think they should do at least one more, since it would provide a counterpoint for KOTCS. Then you'd have Raiders, followed by two Indy sequels set in the 30s and two in the 50s.

Instead of trying to go the tired reboot/prequel route, they should go the other way: Embrace Indy's age and give us a film centered around the character as an older adventurer. The ideal way to bring the series full circle would be to have Indy headed for the same fate as Abner Ravenwood.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
Indy-Anna
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: America
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I think they should do at least one more, since it would provide a counterpoint for KOTCS. Then you'd have Raiders, followed by two Indy sequels set in the 30s and two in the 50s.

Instead of trying to go the tired reboot/prequel route, they should go the other way: Embrace Indy's age and give us a film centered around the character as an older adventurer. The ideal way to bring the series full circle would be to have Indy headed for the same fate as Abner Ravenwood.

I completely agree with James.They should do a least one more Indy film and not have it as a prequel.

My biggest fear though is that if they do Indy 5, that George will beat the whole "young hero rescues parent" thing to death, considering they already did it in LC with Indy rescuing Henry Jones Sr. and in KOTCS with Mutt rescuing Marion.
Indy-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #18
Mothy
Guest
 
Mothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 121
If they are done well. KOTCS has already tarnished the brand in some people's eyes, I wouldn't want it to be done further.
Mothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #19
Salacious
IndyFan
 
Salacious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 147
I voted no for the following reasons:

- KOTCS was average at best.
- Spielberg has lost his edge
- Lucas has lost his mind and is more interested in CGI than anything else
- Lucas wants to centralize Mutt and push Indy off to the side
- Need to think of a better McGuffin...which can be tough
- They need to do this quick cuz Harrison Ford is getting old
- Wasnt impressed with John Williams score for this movie. The score makes half the movie work...if Williams couldnt pull this on off...could he do better for a sequal to this?
- The action was average in this movie. Spielberg and Lucas need to go back to the whole concept of what Indy was to them. Lucas has repeatedly said that Raiders grew out of the truck sequence in Raiders...they wanted to see a sequence like that in a movie. Now, they reley on CGI to do everything for them and in some instances, these sequences can then get out of hand because they have no limit...but it can lose its sense of "gritty realism" that was apparent for most of the previous movies. There was some sense of ubelieveability (Ark ghosts, Indy on the sub, ripping out the hearts, holy grail), but KOTCS had too many of these moments that really suspended my disbelief. I just think they should stop while they are ahead
- Lucas and Spielberg want to make these movies for their kids or grandkids. Its more geared to the kiddies than the adults now IMO. They seem to want to make up for the darkness of TOD so much that they are forgetting what they are intending to make...and adventure movie. I am not saying I need to see grotesque scenes and it needs to be rated R or anything...but lets have some gravitas to the situations Indy is in. If there is no sense of tension or danger...why do I care then???
Salacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
Indy-Anna
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: America
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacious
- Lucas and Spielberg want to make these movies for their kids or grandkids. Its more geared to the kiddies than the adults now IMO. They seem to want to make up for the darkness of TOD so much that they are forgetting what they are intending to make...and adventure movie. I am not saying I need to see grotesque scenes and it needs to be rated R or anything...but lets have some gravitas to the situations Indy is in. If there is no sense of tension or danger...why do I care then???

I couldn't help thinking that KOTCS was a bit more family-oriented too. That's one thing I kinda missed in KOTCS was the darker elements that made the other 3 targeted more toward adults. (But I still loved KOTCS nevertheless.)
Indy-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #21
Way of the dodo
IndyFan
 
Way of the dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 241
No, but there should be a special edition of Crystal Skull, (maybe for Imax). It needs one more than Close Encounters or E.T. ever did. (and I really liked it, but man it feels unfinished)
Way of the dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #22
DiscoLad
IndyFan
 
DiscoLad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: An abandoned disco hall in Good Ol' Loosiana.
Posts: 1,103
Amen to the moving back to the 30's, Russians weren't cutting it here...
DiscoLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.