Which team will win Super Bowl XLVI?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLVI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pale Horse

Staff member
Better than the immaculate reception, if you ask me. Even hollywood couldn't have scripted a catch like that.

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
Better than the immaculate reception, if you ask me. Even hollywood couldn't have scripted a catch like that.
The immaculate reception is an X-file... but man that other catch, Tyree had super glue in his hands or something. And "big ups" to Manning in that play as well.

On another note Billy Cundiff = Ray Finkle. The poor guy's probably on suicide watch. If he says "the laces were in" I'll believe him, out of sympathy.

michael

Brady and the Pats get revenge. Pats win. I hope, atleast.

Agreed on the Tyree catch, one of the GREATEST catches of ALL-TIME! (due to the big stage it was on)

roundshort

Pale Horse said:

I still take Holmes Tip toe to win the game for the Steelers vs the Cards.

I am going Ginats here. They play mean, Eli is in good form.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
On another note Billy Cundiff = Ray Finkle. The poor guy's probably on suicide watch. If he says "the laces were in" I'll believe him, out of sympathy.

No no. The story this time is the White Rabbit Defense "I'm Late! I'm Late!"
white-rabbit-with-watch-3.jpg

dr.jones1986

Big Blue will prevail, they have the best group of pass rushers in the league and they can get after Brady. On offense the Giants have a great QB with an explosive group of weapons that can put up points on the Patriots subpar defense.

Dr. Gonzo

It's kinda funny how people change their tune after a certain team wins a Super Bowl... the last time these two played at the big show, sports fans, gamblers, crooks and felons were treating Manning and the Giants like a bunch of damned lepers -- fast forward after the win and a few years later -- the tides have turned? -- Can the casual sports watcher be that gullible? I called it right last time (and won a hell of a lot of money at that)... and I'm calling it right this time...
the Pat's are out fo' vengeance -- right the wrong, the fluke of a few years ago and earlier this season -- I see it in their eyes -- Brady is William Munny out of Missouri, Manning better arm himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with Brady's trophy!
Ladies and gentlemen I take pay pal!

Goodsport

I just finished watching my Any Given Sunday Blu-ray Disc on my PS3 and am now fully prepared to watch tomorrow's Super Bowl. :cool:

Even though the movie hit theaters back in 1999, it holds up really well today with only some minor details that you young folk would find odd, like many of the TV's being the 4:3 SD type, the use of older-style cell phones, CD's being the latest (at the time) portable music medium and a still relatively-young Cameron Diaz. :eek:

-G

dr.jones1986

Dr. Gonzo said:
It's kinda funny how people change their tune after a certain team wins a Super Bowl... the last time these two played at the big show, sports fans, gamblers, crooks and felons were treating Manning and the Giants like a bunch of damned lepers -- fast forward after the win and a few years later -- the tides have turned? -- Can the casual sports watcher be that gullible? I called it right last time (and won a hell of a lot of money at that)... and I'm calling it right this time...
the Pat's are out fo' vengeance -- right the wrong, the fluke of a few years ago and earlier this season -- I see it in their eyes -- Brady is William Munny out of Missouri, Manning better arm himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with Brady's trophy!
Ladies and gentlemen I take pay pal!

you chose....poorly.

Very proud GIANTS fan!!!! XLII wasn't a fluke, we have beat Brady and company 3 times in a row. The New York Giants are better than the New England Patriots. Just like New York is a better than Boston!!!!

Dr. Gonzo

dr.jones1986 said:
you chose....poorly.
That I did... you should have taken me up on my offer...

not being sour but...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=lc-carpenter_wes_welker_drop_patriots_super_bowl_020512

I just figured the vengeance factor would be, well, more of a factor. The Pats played well but just too many dropped balls...

When it comes down to it I'd love to see the Giants and Patriots play again, any time, any place, even as an exhibition... good watching always comes of it as far as I'm concerned.

dr.jones1986

Dr. Gonzo said:
That I did... you should have taken me up on my offer...

not being sour but...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=lc-carpenter_wes_welker_drop_patriots_super_bowl_020512

I just figured the vengeance factor would be, well, more of a factor. The Pats played well but just too many dropped balls...

When it comes down to it I'd love to see the Giants and Patriots play again, any time, any place, even as an exhibition... good watching always comes of it as far as I'm concerned.
Stuff happens, the Giants were in complete control of that game and made mistakes that let them get back in the drivers seat. That is part of sports. Every close Super Bowl has plays that if they were made could have made a difference. Just happy Eli, Tuck and company were able to work some fourth quarter magic again.

HA! There's as much a grip on reality after the fact that there is about Indiana Jones around here!

The game was all about who made the most mistakes, and they lost.

dr.jones1986 said:
...the Giants were in complete control of that game...

dr.jones1986 said:
...Just happy Eli, Tuck and company were able to work some fourth quarter magic again.

Complete control.:rolleyes:

dr.jones1986

Rocket Surgeon said:
HA! There's as much a grip on reality after the fact that there is about Indiana Jones around here!

The game was all about who made the most mistakes, and they lost.

Complete control.:rolleyes:

9-3 lead, Giants driving and have dominated the half so far before a very questionable Boothe holding call. Giants punt after that and the Pats have that long drive to take the lead. Giants don't have that cheesy penalty against them and they score there they would have been in complete control of that game. Look at the first half time of possession and yardage, it was very much in the Giants favor. That is an indicator of who controls the half. As for the fourth quarter Eli Manning is money. Nobody was better in the 4th quarter this year than Eli Manning. Tuck also had 2 huge sacks on Brady. Of course certain breaks help determine the outcome of close sporting events. I am not going to argue the point though, the GIANTS won their fourth Lombardi trophy and that is all that maters.

Last edited: