Cast a new Marion Ravenwood

foreignerfred

This is not a thread to ponder if they SHOULD bring in a new Marion for a rebooted Indy or not. This thread is also not another rehash of "Should They Reboot Indy or do the 1920's..."

Marion is the original Indy girl. She has an off-screen history with Indy.She's the only Indy girl to return to the franchise. She married Indy and has a son with him.

Marion is Indy's Lois Lane.

Despite Marshall's comments, I, like many others, believe they will indeed recast Indy, and when they do, I think a new Marion be just around the corner.

Who do YOU think should be cast as a new-series-Marion?

michael

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
I don't believe they are recasting anytime soon that will happen after Harrison dies someday ...:whip:

I'm assuming he means if they ever re-boot the series with younger versions of Indy and Marion.

I think we can all agree, that if Marion is in Indy 5 and Harrison Ford is in it, it's safe to say Karen Allen will be casted. :)

Stoo

foreignerfred said:
She's the only Indy girl to return to the franchise.
She's not the only one. What about Elizabeth Ravenall, Nancy Stratemeyer, Vicky Prentiss, Deirdre Campbell, Marya Smirnova, Bert Brodowski and Sophia Hapgood?:confused:

Whom to cast really depends on whether you're thinking of a prequel or a remake. This hypothetical movie would be made YEARS from now so, for a prequel at least, one would have to choose between girls who are 9-12 (at the oldest) today in 2016.

Pale Horse

Staff member
michael said:
Karen Allen will be casted. :)

Casted...indeed.
images

Walecs

Stoo said:
She's not the only one. What about Elizabeth Ravenall, Nancy Stratemeyer, Vicky Prentiss, Deirdre Campbell, Marya Smirnova, Bert Brodowski and Sophia Hapgood?:confused:

Alecia Dunstin as well. But I suspect he was talking about the movie series and mistakenly referred to it as the franchise.

Raiders90

Marion is way overrated...Indy doesn't need a Lois Lane...Him getting married is one of the things I disliked about KOTCS...At least to Marion. It makes the series less of a serial and more of a saga...

foreignerfred

michael said:
I'm assuming he means if they ever re-boot the series with younger versions of Indy and Marion.

I think we can all agree, that if Marion is in Indy 5 and Harrison Ford is in it, it's safe to say Karen Allen will be casted. :)

That's right. Obviously a Marion recast would be for a younger portrayal of the character.

If they cast an actress to play a younger Marion for a new young Indy, who should it be?

indytim

foreignerfred said:
That's right. Obviously a Marion recast would be for a younger portrayal of the character.

If they cast an actress to play a younger Marion for a new young Indy, who should it be?

I think Margot Robbie would make a good Marion. Now, before you all rubbish the idea you have to get the image of ultra-glamorous, red carpet, blonde haired Margot Robbie out of your head. When she gets 'back to basics' (see the photo below) you can see she has that 'girl next door beauty' about her like Karen Allen matched with the acting chops. Plus, she looks like she can throw a mean punch and grit her teeth while shooting trucks full of Nazis any day of the week.

I'm sure a lot of you will disagree but she ticks a lot of the right boxes to play a new Marion in my eyes.

foreignerfred

indytim said:
I think Margot Robbie would make a good Marion. Now, before you all rubbish the idea you have to get the image of ultra-glamorous, red carpet, blonde haired Margot Robbie out of your head. When she gets 'back to basics' (see the photo below) you can see she has that 'girl next door beauty' about her like Karen Allen matched with the acting chops. Plus, she looks like she can throw a mean punch and grit her teeth while shooting trucks full of Nazis any day of the week.

I'm sure a lot of you will disagree but she ticks a lot of the right boxes to play a new Marion in my eyes.

I'm glad you posted the pic, Tim. It helps your suggestion a lot. I can see THAT Margot Robbie maybe playing Marion.

For me there's such a thin line between rising star and over exposure. I'm probably more in the camp of having a lesser-known actress in there.

TheFedora

indytim said:

Oh yeah...I can definitely see Marion in this picture, at last I can see her making a good Marion.

MaxisIndy

indytim said:

I agree. If anyone was cast as a new Marion, I wish it to be her.