Jacket

plumjunkie

This is probably something that has come up time and again but I'm new to the forum so please be gentle.
I was just wondering if anyone know of anywhere a replica of Indy's jacket could be bought cos I love the simplicity of the design.
Cheers for any help
Bill

Indy 4

Which Indy style jacket is better? Wested or U.S. Wings?

I'm going to be purchasing a Indy style jacket after Christmas, and I was wondering which company has the best jacket? I have heard good things about both the Wested and US Wings jackets. I know the Wested jackets are the most authentic, but I'm looking for a jacket that is both accurate and can hold up in the field well. I look foward to reading your comments.

ob1al

Anyone interested in an Indy jacket should check out the aforementioned websites, http://www.indyjacket.com and http://www.indygear.com for a wealth of expert information on every aspect of, well, Indy gear:)

I own 2 Westeds myself and can vouch for there quality. Peter Botwright of Wested actually made the jackets for the movies and each wested is 'made to measure'. The price is great too.

I don't own a FS, but have heard it's also a great jacket. They come in standard off-the-rack sizing and are more expensive than a Wested.

Regards

Al

Indy 4

Which jacket is closer to the TOD style? Wested or U.S. Wings?

I'm hoping to purchase a Indy style jacket this week, and I'm wanting a jacket that is in the Temple of Doom style. My question is which jacket is an exact replica of the TOD style? Is the Wested the one to go with? Or is the U.S. Wings an even closer replica? I thank anyone in advance who can give me info on this question.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Why do you want a ToD jacket? Indy barely wears one in ToD ;)

I would go with Wested. It's the original maker, and it's cheaper. Of course you have to pay extra for overseas shipping.

Indy 4

Re: Why do you want a ToD jacket? Indy barely wears one in ToD ;)

VP said:
I would go with Wested. It's the original maker, and it's cheaper. Of course you have to pay extra for overseas shipping.

The reason I want a TOD style jacket is more personal prefence. TOD is my favorite film in the Indy trilogy, and I have a Akubra Federation modeled after the fedora in TOD. So I figured a Indy jacket in TOD style would top it all off.;)
I think I may steer toward Wested. After taking a look at the Indygear site, it seems a Wested would be the WAY to go.

barnsby

There can be only one

Hello bill! All this US wings talk is a little hard to bear, i live in the uk & yep i have met the godfather of all jacket makers,and yes i have 2 of them. The jackets are great the fittings are true "you WON`T be dissapionted"!
You`ve gotta remember this is the man that made harry ford happy & that isn`t an easy task!.
Use the force bill.

War Eagle

Finally ready to order a Wested. I understand its the original and more affordable as well.

I want a Raiders style, (shorter than TOD) and in the darker brown. Am I right that the original is indeed LAMBSKIN, not cowhide or goatskin?

Batman68

US Wings jacket

I hope I'm not to late for Indy 4, but if I am perhaps I can save someone else from making my mistake.
I wanted an Indy jacket, and I had heard time and time again how great the Westeds are, and how LONG it takes to get them. So I decided to get the US Wings jacket, because it takes less than a week to arrive.
First off, it was too big, despite following their sizing instructions. It was heavier than the cowhide leather jacket I own. The lambskin is still very stiff and bulky (after two weeks of daily wear). The side straps are facing the wrong way, and worst of all, there are all these extra seams on the sleeves and down the back that are not supposed to be there. I questioned all the extra fabric, and their response was, "Lambs are small animals, so the skins are pieced together to make the jacket." Funny that the guys at Wested don't have that problem. Must be bigger lambs in England.
At best, the US Wings jacket is an acceptable leather jacket. But anyone who wants to capture the "Indy" look will be extremely dissappointed in the US Wings version.

barnsby

Jack-it in & get wested!

"You chose poorly".Don`t give up batsy all good things to those who wait, i promise yer if you plunge for a wested you won`t even remember what life was like without it. Like i said if it worked for harry you can`t be wrong.

"would you look at the size of those lambs"

Batman68

OK, Wested it is. Question to those who have a lamb Wested: How durable is it?? The US Wings lamb has doesn't appear to be very durable and I haven't even dragged behind a truck....yet.