TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #51
Jeremiah Jones
IndyFan

Um, I have serious doubts that its supposed to be the same Soprano sax, Indy seems surprised when he sees the cabin shouting out 'Look!' as though he didn't expect to see it, same when he sees the sax, I've always thought, and still do, that hes just referring to the type of instrument, not the instrument itself. I doubt the villian is the waiter.. maybe he is, I dunno, I'd have thought they would have made it clearer if he were. I like to think Indy's worlds a little bigger then that. Believe it if ye want though as its a fun theory
Jeremiah Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #52
AnnieJones
IndyFan

My theory may not be 100% correct,but I still don't think Harold is the bad guy in the bookends.It just doesn't make much sense.Like I said before we need lairdo's help with all of this confusion and confirm what is behind all of this story.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 03-13-2010 at 04:42 PM.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #53
AnnieJones
IndyFan

I love the scene where Eliot Ness is typing to the music of Indy practicing the saxophone.Eliot didn't realize at first he was typing to the saxophone's music until right before he stopped and looked at Indy.So funny.
Did anyone else notice this?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 AM   #54
chicago103
IndyFan

I like the theory that Indy knew where the cabin was and that it was THE saxaphone from the story, I always wondered about that myself. Indy seems to make himself right at home in the cabin almost as if he owns it. Could Indy have actually owned the cabin? I know that sounds odd because presumably the villans would find that out and know exactly where to look for him however Indy seemed to be expecting the villans to show up and he didnt seem to worry about somebody else coming to the cabin (like the real owner showing up) which makes me think he owns it, is renting it or knows who owns it (like Harold the waiter who might have saved his sax). The story is not clear at all so really my theory makes as much sense as anything, it just seemed to me that Indy made himself at home at the cabin like he owned the place and maybe he did!
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #55
AnnieJones
IndyFan

It's funny though,he knew two Harolds' at the same time.Harold the waiter who worked at Colosimo's Restaurant with Indy while he was attending the University of Chicago and Harold Oxley,from Leeds,England,who attended the University of Chicago with Indy.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #56
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieJones
It's funny though,he knew two Harolds' at the same time.Harold the waiter who worked at Colosimo's Restaurant with Indy while he was attending the University of Chicago and Harold Oxley,from Leeds,England,who attended the University of Chicago with Indy.

Maybe young Harold Oxley is the waiter at Colosimo's. I can see a resemblance if I squint.
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #57
AnnieJones
IndyFan

Ha ha.
I'm not saying both Harolds' are the same person.I just thought it was funny that he knew two Harolds' at the same time.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #58
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

Mystery Of The Blues

My favorite episode of the series. Ford reprised his roll to help the ratings.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #59
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1Jones2
My favorite episode of the series. Ford reprised his roll to help the ratings.

Hi there. Welcome to the Raven, Indy1Jones2! I hope you have a fine time here, but I expect you'll be able to enjoy it considerably more if you manage to see what folks have said in the past, rather than starting a new thread on a subject that already exists. Our search feature should come in handy.

And, again: welcome.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #60
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Hi there. Welcome to the Raven, Indy1Jones2! I hope you have a fine time here, but I expect you'll be able to enjoy it considerably more if you manage to see what folks have said in the past, rather than starting a new thread on a subject that already exists. Our search feature should come in handy.

And, again: welcome.

thanks for the tip. is there an iphone wallpaper thread.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #61
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1Jones2
thanks for the tip. is there an iphone wallpaper thread.

No. Go right ahead.

(Of course...the search results might have shown you that.)
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #62
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Interesting note

In Mystery of the Blues set in 1920, while they lounge at a local Chicago speakeasy, Elliot bemoans Jazz, and incredously asks Indy, "You can't tell me you think this [Jazz musc] is better than Mozart or Puccini?!" to which Indy scoffs. I just thought the little reference to Puccini--the same man Indy's own mother nearly abandoned him for back in 1908--was interesting.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #63
Demitasse
IndyFan

Hey anyone know which John Williams music is used in the bookends with Harrison? (Which movie/track?) Thanks!!
Demitasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #64
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitasse
Hey anyone know which John Williams music is used in the bookends with Harrison? (Which movie/track?) Thanks!!
Hi, Demitasse. It's good to see you posting. Parts of "Desert Chase" from "Raiders" can be heard in the opening bookend and (of course) the "Raiders March" in the closing segment. There may be more...

I've always been under the impression that the John Williams cues were faithfully re-recorded for the TV series (but I could be wrong). Laird or Inexorable Tash or someone else may be able to answer this....Anyone know for sure?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #65
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Laird provided a comment over on:

http://www.youngindianajonesmusic.com/composers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdo
The creation of the chase sequence for Chicago was done by us pulling and then photocopying sections of the Truck Chase for Raiders. We literally got to hold the original orchestra score parts used to record that sequence. Joel McNeely then attached his pieces to the copies to make the full musical score that was then recorded in its entirety. (It's not a mix of the original Raiders recording - everything for the episode was recorded fresh.)
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #66
I, Don Quixote
IndyFan

Location: Evergreen Terrace in Springfield...Illinois? Idaho? Oregon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq
What do you think ever happened to Indy's beard fro Plus, in cam the motb in the kotcs?

That beard was awesome!
The beard was awesome. So rugged. It was while filming the Fugitive, so he probably just didn't shave.

I think it's great to see Harrison in MOTB. It's cool how he has a little cameo. In a way, it's his second life. Plus, in canon, it's only seven years away from KOTCS.

He looks very young though in the episode. He changed a lot in seven years.
I, Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote